Mephisto Genetics Strawberry Nuggets x Livers Bx1

Day 35 - Strawberry Nuggets x Livers Bx1
Missed an update with the Turkey holiday, but here we go.

Day 35
Strawberry Nuggets x Livers Bx1 (Mephisto Genetics)
Lights are down to 12/12 for the photoperiods which started about 8 days after SNL showed sex. Far and deep red booster pucks going 15/15 before and after lights on and off. PureUV 30-60 minutes at midday.

She got a Bud Buster Pro spray about 7 days after sex and will get one more per the instructions at 14 days, then no more foliar applications. Still rotating Silica Boost, MaxiGro, and CalMag + BioRoot feeds, with some CalMag only (some water only but rarely) feeds in between to avoid overfeeding. Gave a “transitioning” dose of AN Nirvana, BigBud, and BudCandy to help with the flip/stretch phase.

Pruned down to three branches to focus flower development

5BA5CCD8-A3B3-476A-AD85-F8B2D70FA45D.jpeg

15701BE0-4BDB-4736-B36B-009BDB9080DB.jpeg

0051365F-20F6-4D3D-9E2E-0CE1B2A92331.jpeg

E8A6CE06-35E8-410B-89DC-89A7B5EBA61C.jpeg

Here she is tucked up front with her photoperiod siblings, getting crowded in this tiny tent!

CD905953-1BA4-4296-80C3-585FCF0E23CF.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by AFN growmies :thumbsup:

Damn i ran one of these awhile back. It was stunted. I think it was from topping not sure. Only got 9 grams off it. I got one left hopefully it ends up more like yours second time round

I was gonna top, told myself try out topping, planned on topping after 4-5 nodes, hyped myself up to top, got my shears sharpened and ready for some topping action, and I ended up doing LST as usual.
:rofl::shrug:

I can say she at least responded well to LST and pruning weaker branches. She was pretty quick to flower too so i’m not sure topping would have been advantageous with her, but I have very little clue what i’m doing so don’t listen to me LOL!

Day 21 (really taken more towards D22 so pic labels are accurate)
Passed the “solstice” (ramped from 18/6 at sprout to 20.5/3.5 over the first three weeks) and ramping down towards 12/12 for the photoperiods while lowering the light as the days get shorter. Currently at 19/5 with the Bloomspect SS1000 22” above, added in the second T5HO Sunblaster 6500K bulb for vertical supplemental lighting.

Still adjusting to my first coco/perlite only grow, hit a Cal and likely N deficiency from a couple water only feeds…was looking a little beat up. She got a full dose of MaxiGro and CalMag and has responded well overnight…getting darker color in the leafs already but ugly spots showing. She’s getting a weekly silica feed, then the base nutes (MaxiGro + CalMag) next feed, and CalMag + BioRoot (and sometimes low dose Bud Candy) in between…rinse and repeat but add in humic acid every other week and Bud Buster Pro foliar every 8 days and methinks things are going in the right directions. Feeding smaller volumes multiple times a day helps with the small pot sizes.

Started some LST to get some side branches popping :thumbsup:

View attachment 1539568

View attachment 1539569

Thanks for stopping by growmies!

Don't water with plain water ever. Just always water with the maxigrow and some calmag.

I was gonna top, told myself try out topping, planned on topping after 4-5 nodes, hyped myself up to top, got my shears sharpened and ready for some topping action, and I ended up doing LST as usual.
:rofl::shrug:

I can say she at least responded well to LST and pruning weaker branches. She was pretty quick to flower too so i’m not sure topping would have been advantageous with her, but I have very little clue what i’m doing so don’t listen to me LOL!
Me either. Just my assumption that topping did it. Could be other factors involved did turn out with some nice dense purple buds that get me high. Lol.

Don't water with plain water ever. Just always water with the maxigrow and some calmag.

Yeah, it’s rare if I do. First time in pure coco/perlite (first year I mixed in some FF Happy Frog) so i’m adjusting fo sho. Gets easier in bloom when i’m adding in extra supplements as each feed has some nutrient value.

Me either. Just my assumption that topping did it. Could be other factors involved did turn out with some nice dense purple buds that get me high. Lol.

All we can do is learn and grow :thumbsup: you grew sticky icky and you don’t have to question the level of care or quality that went into it like you would when buying dispensary product. Plus maybe the journey was as enjoyable, if not more, than the end result. So stunted or not your 9 g’s did more than fine!
:d5:

Day 42 - Strawberry Nuggets x Livers Bx1
Missed the last update from Turkey day, missed this last one due to laziness :shrug:

Day 42
Lights are still 12/12 for the photoperiod. One of my feminized photos turned out to be a dude so that was culled and opened space for SNL. She was a little worse for wear after being tucked against the tent corner with the two photoperiods, since taking these pics she’s doing better.

Increased far and deep red pucks to 15/30 minutes before lights on and 30/15 minutes after lights off. Swapped one 6500K T5HO for an AgroMax 3500K Bloom bulb, will swap the other 6500K out at two weeks post-flip (this auto is on the photo’s schedule). I run a PureUV bulb 1 hour at midday. At Day 46 swapped out the Bloomspect SS1000 for the HLG rSpec100 for flowering.

5565F514-9BED-449A-ABAA-CC0CBD925E65.jpeg

9EC5E4E6-4217-4B5E-B7D1-EA4A15E6A161.jpeg

2C66BC94-2BBF-47EA-ABFA-E6EB70AF8DAD.jpeg

862C5682-513A-4F92-9FB1-9B3B0E1CE34A.jpeg

Next weekly update in a couple days, which means i’ll likely update after the New Year LOL! Thanks for stopping by AFN growmies!
:smokeout:

Nice plants. Interesting light selection you have. Which red pucks did you go with?

Thanks @DCLXVI
I have the RapidLED far and deep red initiator pucks ($37 each). Now need to finally bolt them to an aluminum bar and hang overhead for better spread :thumbsup:

Day 49 - Strawberry Nuggets x Livers
Next weekly update in a couple days, which means i’ll likely update after the New Year LOL!

Not too far off, LOL :shrug:

Day 49
This little girl has been a trooper…now that the photoperiod is in flower this one is getting back on track with more appropriate nutes.

Propped SNL up on a 1 L plastic pot to get better light exposure.

4F04E93D-C366-447A-B765-2012EC713664.jpeg

BCA74BB0-BED2-440F-B347-EF953B350072.jpeg

334402D7-69D2-40B0-8878-1A4C1BCA134A.jpeg

And just in time for the holidays a gift from @stan_mephisto and team! Secret Santa bundle with Skywalker x Creme de la Chem and (FTMFW) Toof Decay x Walter White
:drool:

4B195E06-AB90-4A06-AB4C-1C6305E59B52.jpeg

Back