Indoor JaxsoNL5’s UBG - Mephisto vs Twenty20 Mendocino

JaxsoNL5

I’m just here for the free refreshments.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Going to start here as a placeholder to my Unofficial Breeder Growdown (UBG). Will be dropping seeds in the next couple weeks as my tent frees up. WTF is this bullcrap you say?

Unofficial - neither breeder asked for this or suggested it, may end up they don’t want this and ask me to delete (their call and i’ll respectfully delete this thread if either one says).
Breeder - the AFN reps we have for Meph and Twenty20.
Growdown - a throwdown of THEIR CHOICE to grow, side by side in the same conditions let’s see how they compare! They can choose training techniques too as they want applied.

One seed from each breeder will be run in 1 gal fabric pots using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation (70/30 coco/perlite) after germination in Rapid Rooters.

@Twenty20 Adam and @stan_mephisto I narrowed it down to five cultivars each to choose from my stock…Pick Your Pony…if you want, I have default choices if you prefer to watch from a distance :thumbsup:

Twenty20 Mendocino
Whiskey Zulu
Trizzlers
Trizkits
X-Factor OG
Muchacha

Mephisto Genetics
Illuminauto #50 (Strawbba the Hutt)
Skywalker x CDLC
Mephisto’s Wedding
Strawberry Nuggets x Livers Bx1
Grape Crinkle

*If either Stan or Adam don’t want this thread going i’ll delete immediately. If they don’t mind but don’t want to choose my default selections are:

Twenty20 Trizkits versus Meph’s Skywalker x CDLC
- Battle of the TK genetics based in both lines!

…to be continued ::insert dramatic outro music::

Last edited:
Going to start here as a placeholder to my Unofficial Breeder Growdown (UBG). Will be dropping seeds in the next couple weeks as my tent frees up. WTF is this bullcrap you say?

Unofficial - neither breeder asked for this or suggested it, may end up they don’t want this and ask me to delete (their call and i’ll respectfully delete this thread if either one says).
Breeder - the AFN reps we have for Meph and Twenty20.
Growdown - a throwdown of THEIR CHOICE to grow, side by side in the same conditions let’s see how they compare! They can choose training techniques too as they want applied.

One seed from each breeder will be run in 1 gal fabric pots using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation (70/30 coco/perlite) after germination in Rapid Rooters.

@Twenty20 Adam and @stan_mephisto I narrowed it down to five cultivars each to choose from my stock…Pick Your Pony…if you want, I have default choices if you prefer to watch from a distance :thumbsup:

Twenty20 Mendocino
Whiskey Zulu
Trizzlers
Trizkits
X-Factor OG
Muchacha

Mephisto Genetics
Illuminato #50 (Strawbba the Hutt)
Skywalker x CDLC
Mephisto’s Wedding
Strawberry Nuggets x Livers Bx1
Grape Crinkle

*If either Stan or Adam don’t want this thread going i’ll delete immediately. If they don’t mind but don’t want to choose my default selections are:

Twenty20 Trizkits versus Meph’s Skywalker x CDLC
- Battle of the TK genetics based in both lines!

…to be continued ::insert dramatic outro music::

Think you nailed it with the defaults I got a CDLC X skywalker going now and loving it.. Curious what the breeders will say about this.. I ran into a issue in the past posting different breeders in the same post BUT it was not either of those breeders they may be fine with it:goodluck: Or maybe tag some staff in they'll let you know quick fast :d5:

Think you nailed it with the defaults I got a CDLC X skywalker going now and loving it.. Curious what the breeders will say about this.. I ran into a issue in the past posting different breeders in the same post BUT it was not either of those breeders they may be fine with it:goodluck: Or maybe tag some staff in they'll let you know quick fast :d5:

Wasn’t even thinking that, just figured I was going to run Meph and Twenty20 why not let Stan and Adam pick if they want? Even let them choose training method(s). Thanks @Lil Dab
:pass: :d5:

@420Forever @Mañ'O'Green @St. Tom @Mossy is this thread okay to roll with?

Wasn’t even thinking that, just figured I was going to run Meph and Twenty20 why not let Stan and Adam pick if they want? Even let them choose training method(s). Thanks @Lil Dab
:pass: :d5:

@420Forever @Mañ'O'Green @St. Tom @Mossy is this thread okay to roll with?

i meself don't see any problem with it....i mean, what could go wrong-? :shrug:

ok, um, don't answer that last part :rolleyes2: :biggrin: ppp

Its all in good fun right? I will roll with your selection. The Skywalker x CDLC has been one of the most requested freebie strains to bring back. It was one of our most liked images on IG before the cannabis censors took it down. She is a frost queen.

As for training, I really like to let them grow all natural with consistent leaf tucking. Most strains will respond well with a mostly even canopy with a dominant cola. Only tying the main stem down if she stretches to much and height becomes a concern. CDLC can be a cabbage bush at times, so I think that recommendation applies well to strains like that.

Its all in good fun right?

Only for fun, and to give Meph gear a proper run in my tent…Twenty20 has been solid AF in my grow space and environment…no winner or loser, and no negativity, just two of the best IMO side-by-side :thumbsup: just a small space (2x2x4 ft tent in 1 gal fabric pots) and wanted to see if it was up to the breeder or those involved, what would you choose and how would you train it given the space limitations?…based on what you gents say I’ll do exactly that.

Mephisto’s Skywalker x CDLC au natural with leaf tucks it is. Only will tie down if height becomes an issue. Appreciate your input @stan_mephisto
:toke:

I have some newer stuff I'd rather throw in the ring if you want my two cents. You're working with some of our oldest stuff
We're constantly selecting and breeding better quality genetics so I'd prefer to throw in some options from 2023 and not 2019

We're constantly selecting and breeding better quality genetics so I'd prefer to throw in some options from 2023 and not 2019

Totally fair, anything you recommend that’s available from NASC or MVB? I wasn’t trying to solicit for free beans…I think that takes me thread into a gray area for admin…and so only gave options from what I had on hand.

Maybe we should just get permission and I'll shoot you the beans to pass out ? @Waira can you chime in on this? These gentlemen are setting up a side by side and I'd like to contribute to it but we don't want to step past any lines concerning site rules.

Back