Anyone use advanced nutrients line up?

_~JAB~_

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
I'm switching nutrients next grow and going for PH perfect liquid nutes. Advanced nutrients I've heard good things about and it looks like they have a bunch in their line up. Which ones do you use and is it worth it?

Ill be using pro mix HP medium.

I've been switching back and forth growing in coco/perlite using 2-part MegaCrop and Adv. Nutr. pH Perfect Connoisseur Grow and Bloom. Both product lines have essentially fully amino acid (or other)-chelated nutes, and I use both with RO/DI water with no pH adjustment or even ever measuring. Both manufacturers' products grow plants well. If there are problems, they're simple to rapidly fix, such as I usually have to add or foliar spray Mg in late grow phase.

I think the pH Perfect nutes are overall as good as base nutrients get (along with some competitors others may comment on), with they're also cost competitive (keeping in mind you will likely at most feed ≤2.5 gram/L vs. the recommended 4 g/L). Both product lines grow plants well without adding much in the way of supplements (with both manufacturers supplement recommendations seeming way too high for autos),

If you go the AN route, definitely get the top-of-the-line Connoisseur Grow and Bloom. For the trivial (or even sometimes no) difference in discounted price vs. the Sensi line and with Connoisseur simply manufactured to be a better product, I don't see why most AN users (at least on AFN) look to go with Sensi.

Ok I was looking into the grow mico and bloom I believe. Plus some others like piranha , overdrive, voodoo juice and big bud. So connoisseur is the better version of the trio? I know about sensi part a and b but it's hard to get where I'm at.

Connoisseur is the name used for AN's top-of-the-line grow and bloom base nutes, with Sensi a lower-tier brand. Piranha and Voodoo Juice are both microbial supplements, but I think you can do better (cost-effectiveness-wise) getting another single mixed (bacteria and fungi) product. Big Bud is a bloom phase supplement (much like many similar products), mostly used in earlier bloom. When I use AN supplements, I only give 1 g/L vs. recommended 2 g/L.

I'll see if I can get the connoisseur then. What other microbial supplements could I got for? I want to try and use a root and bloom supplement this time around see if I can strengthen roots and make the buds a little denser.

Most any popular microbial supplement will do the job, particularly those with good reviews/feedback or commonly used by AFNers. Perhaps, check out ReCharge, Great White, Tribus, etc. or look through some AFN grows. Some soil growers make their own 'teas.'

Regarding the AN microbial products, it's just that (other than a new all-combined solid tablet product that contains a lot, is expensive, is marketed for large grows) AN separates its consumer market liquid microbial supplements into 2 or even 3 separately sold products vs. a broad mix in a single container. This adds to cost. But you surely can't go wrong using these products (together).

Last edited:
I've heard of the great white I forgot about that. Just want to make sure whatever I use doesn't mess with the PH perfect right? Like stay away from salt based? I'm trying to understand it all lol little by little I'm getting it.

Yes, pH Perfect functioning is disrupted by excess salts (high ppm/EC), so you really want to use RO/DI water (near 0 ppm) and from there try to keep the salt additives to a minimum. For ex. if actually needed, I provide calcium-magnesium as foliar sprays, avoid adding these salts to the feed water. Microbial supplements should have no or trivial salts content, so you can use these all you want (but best to follow instructions or proven regimens such as you'll find on AFN).

Regarding microbial supplements, overall their need is much less with coco, hydro, etc. vs. living soil where nutrient availability is primarily if not solely ultimately due to microbial action. If in coco, hydro, etc., some other additives, such as using different P-K boosters during early vs. late bloom might be more critical.

Last edited:
I also need to get an RO setup your the third person that's recommended it so I think it's time.

Back