Sweet Seeds Sweet Cheese Auto report

S

sielm

Hi all! I want to share my thoughts about the little Sweet Cheese Auto by Sweet Seeds that I harvested a few weeks ago. It's been curing for about 1 week.

SeedBank :
Sweet Seeds

Strain:
Sweet Cheese Auto

Did it autoflower?:
Yes!

Soil/hydro:
Soil mix (potting soil, perlite, earthworm castings). Micro grow on a 3 liter pot.

Nutes:
Applied in flowering only: Plagron Terra Bloom (npk 2.2.4) and PK13-14

Light (kind and schedule):
90W ufo(red+blue+orange), on 20 hours, off 4 hours

From seed to harvest date:
77 days.

Dry Yield: did not measure, but probably around 8 grams.

High/Effect Duration (how long did effects last): around 2 hours.

In-depth

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: ****
I think these are the best looking buds out of all I've ever harvested (I'm still a newbie though :lol:). They look almost white, there is dark green under the resin but the trichs are so dense that the dark green color is hidden. Really frosty. I would love some more red/orange color to create a good contrast.

THE GROWTH: ****
This plant was really vigorous at first, growing at a fast rate and getting a really thick stem (as thick as a AA 1.5 volt battery! on a mini 3 liter pot!). As usual I grow my plants into a tiny bucket, where space is really limited. I apply LST to my plants to keep them small and bushy. This plant did not finally yield much, because there was large spaces between budsites, and the plant vigour in the first stages of life made the plant grow much vertically. No problems with her however, easy strain to grow for sure.

THE SMELL: ***
This plant did smell quite strongly like old cheese/feet or something similar while she was flowering. This smell was not unpleasant at all, but I found that it almost all was gone when the buds were dried. The dried weed does smell a little like cheese but it mostly resembles a lawn/green herb smell. Most of the cheese aromas disappeared after drying :cry:

THE SMOKE (flavour): ***
There are slight hints of cheese taste in the smoke. The taste also has earthy tones to it. It really reminds me of a spicy cheese I ate years ago which was made with cumin (a spice). Unfortunately the taste is not strong enough for my tastes, I would prefer more intense flavours.

THE HiGH: *****
This is where this plant is shining! At least for me! I've found the high to be a lot like the Sweet Skunk Auto's, relaxing and not (very) couchlocking. But the good part is that is more potent than the SSA, I've found I can get the same high from about half the amount of weed. It might be the most potent herb I've ever harvested.

Overall even though this plant did not yield that much in my particular grow, I've found I really like this strain. The final product is really potent and good looking. The smell and aromas could be improved, but they are good. I particularly like the really thich resin layer that covers almost everything :lol:

I hope you like my opinions, criticism is welcome however! Thanks for reading and best regards!
:peace:

Great report man +rep as your buds cure the green/lawn herb smell should dissipate :thumbs:

Arghh like always I forgot to add pics in the same post... ANyway, here they are:

sca2.jpg sca3.jpg sca1.jpg

:peace:

Thanks for the comments! I'll try to keep at least one "big" bud (lol) for some weeks in the curing jar to check about smell and taste. I'll update if I can remember by then! Hehehe

:smokebuds:

can you tell me did your cheese cure nicely. I am just about to harvest my 3 sweet cheese. 2 different phenos 1 smells of lemons while other 2 cheesey. mine are huge check out my journal. a stem snapped so I cut it and i had same problem smelled like hay and taste wasnt great but a good cure will help when its done.

Good effort! like greenthumper says the hay/lawn smell will dissipate with a lengthier cure, most of the girls i've grown hit that exact same smell and taste a week after hang drying, may i reccomend the paper bag drying method? have a look in the Harvesting/curing section there's a thread about it there. I tried it on my last harvest and it retains the flavour and smell before curing, lets face it we all like to try the fruit of our efforts immediately especially if we're out of smoke! However although a noob myself i've now tamed my impatience and have come to enjoy the curing process as much as the growing, because it makes the end product so much more rewarding :toke:

Back