Testing the Wild Thing (USA Only)

Looking real happy bud nice job! I'm looking forward to the stretch n flowering action!
Ya I posted at the beginning about an outdoor grow this summer but I decided not to this summer :thumbsup:
I see why you want to do an outdoor grow since these Wild Things are fast growers :d5:

Week 5 New
Howdy Y’all :toke:

It’s week #5 , Day #38 for my Wild Things. They’ve been doing pretty good since the topping. Getting some nice new growth. I ended up getting a new light meter as a gift and was able to really check the canopy of all the plants to see where I was at.
IMG_1515.jpeg

IMG_1514.jpeg

Has anyone ever used this meter ? Previously I was using a $29 Lux meter, but since this was gift I was very happy to have it. Hopefully it’s fairly accurate.
I’m going to try and upload photos I took this last week, but they may end up as thumbnails. I think my photo settings are too detailed and having issues every time I try to upload pictures lately.
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1545.jpeg
IMG_1546.jpeg
IMG_1547.jpeg
IMG_1548.jpeg
IMG_1549.jpeg
I’m shooting for a day #41/42 to flip to flower. That way it’ll be Saturday or Sunday and I can reprogram my light controller and clean the tent & everything up again. I don’t think I want to go very much longer.
I’ll catch y’all next week
:bighug:

Ya I posted at the beginning about an outdoor grow this summer but I decided not to this summer :thumbsup:
I see why you want to do an outdoor grow since these Wild Things are fast growers :d5:
Most of the phenos I have run have been pretty aggressive growers. I've had some that more than trippled in size during preflower stretch. The faster more aggressive phenos can get pretty hungry during the stretch.

Howdy Y’all :toke:

It’s week #5 , Day #38 for my Wild Things. They’ve been doing pretty good since the topping. Getting some nice new growth. I ended up getting a new light meter as a gift and was able to really check the canopy of all the plants to see where I was at.
View attachment 1676612
View attachment 1676613
Has anyone ever used this meter ? Previously I was using a $29 Lux meter, but since this was gift I was very happy to have it. Hopefully it’s fairly accurate.
I’m going to try and upload photos I took this last week, but they may end up as thumbnails. I think my photo settings are too detailed and having issues every time I try to upload pictures lately.
View attachment 1676620View attachment 1676621View attachment 1676622View attachment 1676623View attachment 1676624View attachment 1676625 I’m shooting for a day #41/42 to flip to flower. That way it’ll be Saturday or Sunday and I can reprogram my light controller and clean the tent & everything up again. I don’t think I want to go very much longer.
I’ll catch y’all next week
:bighug:
Looking very nice. Definitely looks like the Spice Cake phenotype on the right. I was expecting to see a bit more diversity in the phenotypes being at the R2 stage.

Hey Jean-o! I saw you were shooting for Mother's day, in the ground, for your outdoor plants. Im curious, do your plants ever go into pre flower before going back into veg? :pass:
I've had a few of the more light sensitive FV crosses pre flower last year the Crazy Kush had a couple of phenotypes that went through a reveg from going out too early. I'm pretty sure I have that one suggested to go out after June in the description. For most of the photos though I haven't had any issues going out around mothers day weekend ish.

I've had a few of the more light sensitive FV crosses pre flower last year the Crazy Kush had a couple of phenotypes that went through a reveg from going out too early. I'm pretty sure I have that one suggested to go out after June in the description. For most of the photos though I haven't had any issues going out around mothers day weekend ish.
I've had similar experiences. I met a guy last year that uses artificial light through the early times outdoors. Just a incandescent or a couple strings of Christmas lights do the trick he says. It keeps them in veg and makes the transition into flower seamless. I tried it last year. It worked for me.

Day 36 today, the slow growth in the beginning is starting to subside and real growth going on now. Thinking next week the first roots will hit the res and then we will see some action. Temps have been a touch low (low70’s) and are at 24/0 with FC-E 4800 at top of tent 100% no nutes added yet but as soon as the res gets drank I’ll be adding MC one part in standard increments. Think I’ll start LST tomorrow to start forming them for Scrog. @Jean-O , is it ok to add a week or two to veg or do you want the 4-6 wk mark as a standard? Just wondering as they really didn’t take off in the beginning like I would’ve thought… although, when roots hit res they may explode… so your call sir.
IMG_3578.jpeg
IMG_3579.jpeg
IMG_3580.jpeg
IMG_3581.jpeg
IMG_3582.jpeg

That’s all for now peoples… stay lit!

So it's the end of week 3 and it's looking like I have 2 different phenos but I know that it's still to early to tell but they're doing good and seem healthy and I plan on topdressing them with a ¼ cup of my homemade nitrogen rich chicken compost mixed with rice hulls and it's been really helpful for the other plants that I used it on last week.
IMG_20240411_150907506~2.jpg
IMG_20240411_150910433~2.jpg
I'm just glad to be involved with this test group and I'll see how things go this week after giving a little recharge to them, Happy Growing!

Back