The HLG Blackwing - 4'x2' space

End of week 1: Both seedlings at day 8 currently, still just a little extra seedling strength nute mix. Light is at the same height above the pot but increased to click #3 - 67.5W setting.

The Blackwing really sits beautifully in a 4x2' tent. A few inches space on either end and I can keep the pots centered under the led boards with space to spare. Off the right end, where you can't see, is a humidifier, heater, and oscillating fan. Intake duct snaking down the back.

wk2.JPG

Day 8 : Start of week 2 - Twenty20 Mendocino Triks

Rwk2.JPG

This one flopped over despite the support. It had already repositioned itself so it's currently pointed the wrong way. I suspect it will correct very quickly.
Lwk2.JPG

End of week 2: Finally getting some growth! Lots of improvement and I put the light up to click #4.

wk3.JPG

WK3R.JPG

WK3L.JPG

If you put this panel in a 4x2 tent you can center it up really well, or..... Offset a little bit and you have enough room for the environmental controls you might need.

The panel is still about 6" off the opposite wall and the close end has enough gap for a humidifier and desktop heater. The silver duct is the intake jammed back there.

P1050070.JPG

It is also enough room for the panel to clear an ACInfinity clip fan. A bit dark but the fan is above the humidifier.

P1050071.JPG

@McDee - This is the new auto run with the Jacks nutrients.

They are currently getting 1 litre every 3 days.

4 gallons of RO water. Mixed to 80% strength: 12g A : 4.6g Epsom : 8g B = 770ppm @ 6.0pH

I do use a liquid silica product to bring the pH up and it's not a bad thing to add. This particular batch has 17ppm of silica.

@McDee - This is the new auto run with the Jacks nutrients.

They are currently getting 1 litre every 3 days.

4 gallons of RO water. Mixed to 80% strength: 12g A : 4.6g Epsom : 8g B = 770ppm @ 6.0pH

I do use a liquid silica product to bring the pH up and it's not a bad thing to add. This particular batch has 17ppm of silica.
Thanks for tagging me bud! Looks like your off to a nice start. I like that light, HLG is quality for sure. I have the Rspec 100 I did a test with a few grows ago, Les is a good dude! Here is to a successful grow... Cheers!

Stay lifted

:pass:

Day 23: Just slipped into week 4. Missed the week 3 update due to travel. However, a lot of growth in the last 10 days or so. The plants must love this light as they are just exploding.

Light adjusted up to click/intensity #5

wk4R.JPG

wk4L.JPG

You messed me up for a few minutes lol. I got both this journal, and the Twenty20 posts. I liked the 1 was going by the pics, and posted in the the Twenty20. I thought they were different plants so was confused for a sec, plus I'm stoned hahaha :dizzy:. Look nice what is the watering ring? I want auto pots, but tent to small for tank. I don't want anything not stealthy so it sitting next to tent not what I want for now. I have found that with autos a 2'x4' you can get 2 nice big plants, or 3 smaller. The watering tank is 12gal and takes a nice bit of room. I would rather be able to max out 2 ladies. I also wonder how hard it would be to keep ph steady. 12 gallon tank on 2 plants would last a while, and not filling tank up makes less sense for all the room it takes up. Hand watering is getting old tho...

Hahaha yes, this one is the HLG thread and I try to mention what, where, and how strong the panel is set. I tagged and posted the same pics in the T20 thread as well.

The light is really working great and the last week has been an absolute rocket of growth. I typed out a longer reply in the other thread about the halos. Just hand watering nice and easy.

Lol, I was watching football highlights while looking so lack of attention on my part. I was like wait I just saw these, and why isn't it liked anymore??? I didn't realize your hlg test was also the Twenty20 G&G too. I think I need to do another dab lol.

:hookah:

I just got a reply about shipping cost on those tube heaters. Not good lol $114.00 for shipping $148.xx total. Told me to check back because global shipping are high now. The 1 I got off ebay was order on 1-2-2020 shipping cost $18.19 to my door. Total was like $41. That's just to much $$$ for me, I will check after New Year's.

End of week 4: Day 28. Lots of growth in the last 5 days. Had to raise the light twice, maintaining about 12-15" and upped the power to click #6. Flowering has definitely started and there are a few hairs showing.

Plants are getting 1L every other day, runoff staying around 2-300ml and in the mid 600's for ppm. Input is still the 80% strength Jacks at ~750ppm. After this batch of water is out I will probably add a bit of the Jacks Bloom to the mix as flowering is just getting underway.

wk4end - D28.JPG

wk4end - D28-2.JPG

Right side:

wk4a.JPG

wk4d.JPG

Left side:

wk4b.JPG

wk4c.JPG

Back