Wild Bill does EarthBoxes under HLG DIABLO 650R

WildBill

TRYING TO GO "FULL TEETEE!"
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
First of all, a huge thanks to HLG and Les @HLG for giving me the opportunity to test the HLG DIABLO 650R!
It's the same power level as the light it replaced, but a vastly more even coverage. Looks like I need to get HLG's UV set up with my current florescent bulb setup not lending itself to this set up. No big deal. I'll just use them in my other two tents

Light arrived quickly in a plain box. The light is well packaged and arrived undamaged. Mine had one of the bad batch dimmers from their dimmer supplier. Tech help quickly diagnosed the problem, quickly sent the part(talked Friday and part arrived on Monday), one wire soldered and it was working perfectly. Hits my marks for customer service!!!!

This is one hefty light! The super thick aluminum plate should be a great heat sink for longevity of the light. I didn't pursue a remote mounting of the driver for simplicity.

Fully cranked up and as high as the light would go, there was only roughly 50PAR difference from the highest reading and the corners. The lowest setting at the same height, still had a PAR of just over 300. BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside seed making, this will be an all Earthbox grow with 2 Regulars and 2 Jrs. The regulars will get Mephisto 3 Bears OG X Double Grape and Fugue State. In the Jrs, Twenty20 Knows Candy and Vidamints 50/50 CBD get the nod. The planned LST will just be simple opening up for a more natural grow form.

Media is very simple Roots Organic Original(wetted to proper level with Recharge, molasses, humic acid, ThermX70 and a small bit of aminos)DynoMyco, Very nice quality box store EWC and a small amount of The Anderson's Humichar. Nute bank is Coast of Maine Lobster compost, same EWC. small amount of Root Organic rock powders and Teriganix bokashi to top it all off.
Water will be tap water with humic acid at 1/4 tsp/5gal and BAS Thrive Probiotics Yah-Whey as a test substitute for Teriganix EM1.

HLG DIABLO 650R
IMG_20220908_134915775.jpg
IMG_20220908_135044639.jpg
IMG_20220908_135155442.jpg
IMG_20220908_145302529.jpg
IMG_20220914_171309841.jpg

Seeds go in today after a shake in sandpaper, quick soak and direct planting.
I'm excited to test this beast and the fire girls with a couple new products and procedures.

Nute banks on the ends and the brown material is the Teriganix bokashi I'm testing. It's a moist bran and showed a sizeable response overnight
IMG_20220912_225426013.jpg
IMG_20220914_171319004.jpg
IMG_20220914_171334004.jpg

:pop::pop:
fuck I think ima do it and get a auto in the eb jr
You can do it!!! :headbang:
Can't wait to see your ladies grow!
All get planted tonight.

I don't think heat will be a problem. I'm running the room warmer, barely have the exhaust fan running and have the light on the lowest setting. Temps are fine and about where I had wanted. I'm getting a 3-4 degree temp rise. That's good with the low exhaust setting.

Well, I'm pleased with this round's germs, but disappointed in the only one that failed to germ. It was my last 3BOG X Double Grape that was in my regular EB. Out of 13 seeds, it was the only failure.
Everyone is fully unfurled and healthy.
I gotta pick a replacement. I've got one freebie [Sour Stomper X CDLC] x FORUM STOMPER. I think I'm gonna run that one.

Pics later.

Well, I shook the hell outta [Sour Stomper X CDLC] x FORUM STOMPER in that rolled up sandpaper and put in water. She'll only be a few days behind the others.

Germination
All girls fully unfurled this morning under HLG DIABLO 650R

4x4 tent
Fugue State

Fugue State.jpg

Knows Candy by Twenty20
Knows Candy.jpg

Mangos N Chem by Night Owl
Mangos n chem.jpg

Sour Stomper orgy pot by Mephisto
Stomper.jpg

Double Grape by Mephisto
Double grape.jpg

3BOG by Mephisto
3BOG.jpg

Last edited:
All tent environments are running very close to each other in Temp, humidity and ppfd
All are currently running 24/7. They will be switched over some time next week. To keep temps more even all 24hr period, I'm going to split the light cycle.
76-78*F and 62-66 Rh
PAR figures run just under 200 for the 4x4 and 2.3x2.3 tents and 235 for the 2x4
The HLG DIABLO 650R in the 4x4 is within an inch or so of the highest mounting and only on the lowest setting. The Mars SP3000 is at it's highest mounting and it's running at 100% because the dimmer malfunctioning and they haven't sent another. Eventhough the PAR figures are close and the time has been limited, I can already see a difference in the plants stretching. The girls are taller with a bit more stretch. Exactly what I really wanted to see. The last two grows has kinda led me to believe the Mars spectrum tends to make the plants more compact and bulky. I can't gripe about the production or potency, but growing indica heavy girls, the buds can get crazy chunky and a bit more risky to dry in my mind.Maybe the Mars light needs to be ran at a lower par.
My feeling is I'm gonna see more of the same from this HLG DIABLO 650R. It is a noticeable difference at this point in early development. Just from what I've seen in this short period of time, the next few days could be quite telling.

I planted the Sour Stomper X CDLC] x FORUM STOMPER as a replacement.
All girls and where I planted the seed, received 4oz of water with humic acid at 1/4tsp@ 5gal, a dash of Ther The Yah-Whey.mX70 and 1/4tsp of aminos @ gal and 1oz/gal of the BAS Thrive. The Probiotics Yah-Whey is being used in place of EM1 in the rez.
The 3gal Rain Science bags got another 6oz in each tray for their additional evaporation.
Depending on the growth, I expect to be able to add some water to the rez of the EBs next weekIt will mainly just to bring up the moisture content in the media and get the wicking spots set up with roots. This should get established quickly with the Jrs with the girls planted directly above the wicking spots, but will take longer with the regulars.
I think I'll add a pint to each Jr and a quart to the Regs for their first watering thru the rez. At that point is when I'll start the short dry period before refilling. At the beginning, that period will be very short until I can fully fill the rez and it be gone within 72 hrs.
The quicker I can get good roots established in the wicking areas, the sooner the girls can choose what nutes the take up and not being forced and they get into that crazy EB mode.

Back