Mephisto Genetics The Mephisto Genetics Project Thread!

Do the guys often branch out with other breeders? Seems I’ve seen a lot of x someone else’s strain...

That may just be how the business goes I don’t know.

Edit does Mephisto have a “blueberry”

Very “basic” strain but the couple blueberry plants I grew smelled so beautiful and the buds were like golf balls.

Thats how you make an original auto.. You start with good/great photoperiod strains, and you cross that with an auto, then work it for years until its fully auto. Thats why you see crosses to other breeders "photoperiod" strains. I habe yet to see Mephisto cross one of their autos with an auto from another breeder. They are showing you the parent plants and lineage of future projects.

Thats how you make an original auto.. You start with good/great photoperiod strains, and you cross that with an auto, then work it for years until its fully auto. Thats why you see crosses to other breeders "photoperiod" strains. I habe yet to see Mephisto cross one of their autos with an auto from another breeder. They are showing you the parent plants and lineage of future projects.

Awesome thanks for the info! Didn’t know how it worked but glad to see some insight. Neat!

Edit: literal years? Strains aren’t made in three or four runs?

Awesome thanks for the info! Didn’t know how it worked but glad to see some insight. Neat!

Edit: literal years? Strains aren’t made in three or four runs?
Welp, let's do the math, lol. Let's say we start in January. First you have to grow out lets say 50 photoperiod plants to find one to use a mother. That takes about 4 months. And let's say you get super lucky and find a gem in those first 50.. Now you have to smoke the final product for testing, run the clone again (another 3 months) and pollinate it with pollen from an awesome auto.Those first f1 seeds are still photoperiod. So now you have to grow out those seeds and f2 them (another 4 months). Now that you have f2 seeds, only 25% of those will have the auto gene. So you have to grow those out and find the auto plants (another 3 months) and cross them together for f3s.. Those f3's will be 50% auto.. So guess what? You gotta grow out those f3 seeds and find the autos (another 3 months) and cross them. At f4, you should have a standard auto flower.. And this is a bare bones, super rushed, example. So it would take at least a year and a half just to get untested autoflower seeds, if you do four back to back runs with no issues and perfect plants. But this scenario doesn't include any time for any errors, stress testing, breeding out unwanted traits, breeding in wanted traits, final product testing, life, none of that. So yeah, it literally takes years to make an original autoflower. Its a major reason why Mephisto is so well respected. They take the time to create their own original autos, and they work them to f4-f5, test them, and release once they are happy with the results.

Welp, let's do the math, lol. Let's say we start in January. First you have to grow out lets say 50 photoperiod plants to find one to use a mother. That takes about 4 months. And let's say you get super lucky and find a gem in those first 50.. Now you have to smoke the final product for testing, run the clone again (another 3 months) and pollinate it with pollen from an awesome auto.Those first f1 seeds are still photoperiod. So now you have to grow out those seeds and f2 them (another 4 months). Now that you have f2 seeds, only 25% of those will have the auto gene. So you have to grow those out and find the auto plants (another 3 months) and cross them together for f3s.. Those f3's will be 50% auto.. So guess what? You gotta grow out those f3 seeds and find the autos (another 3 months) and cross them. At f4, you should have a standard auto flower.. And this is a bare bones, super rushed, example. So it would take at least a year and a half just to get untested autoflower seeds, if you do four back to back runs with no issues and perfect plants. But this scenario doesn't include any time for any errors, stress testing, breeding out unwanted traits, breeding in wanted traits, final product testing, life, none of that. So yeah, it literally takes years to make an original autoflower. Its a major reason why Mephisto is so well respected. They take the time to create their own original autos, and they work them to f4-f5, test them, and release once they are happy with the results.

I love reading stuff like this.

Are the OGs of Mephisto still in it? Same guys from the start? Any YouTube videos including the guys? Idk I’d just like to get an eye for them... obviously very smart people. What does it take? What sets these guys apart from the rest? I’m not talking smack. You grow 10 other breeders alongside a Mephisto and they just won’t compare....

Are the OGs of Mephisto still in it? Same guys from the start? Any YouTube videos including the guys? Idk I’d just like to get an eye for them... obviously very smart people. What does it take? What sets these guys apart from the rest? I’m not talking smack. You grow 10 other breeders alongside a Mephisto and they just won’t compare....
This was the only video on YouTube I could find with one of them in it

Same people! Your seeds get harvested and packed by the same hands that answer your questions. We are really lucky in that regard. This very thread was started by Mitch about 5 yrs ago to document their projects. Some really really good info in these 100 or so pages.

Orange Biscuit Illuminauto # 35 she is as frosty as advertised. Once again Mephisto cranking out some of the best genetics out there. Take that from a seasoned grower!! Top level stuff...

IMG_2042.JPG

Close up on main cola on day 66. Trichs popping and she smells like Orange Heaven!:drool:
IMG_2032.JPG

The frost level doesn't go down as you look down on this lady, she is frosty under her skirt as well, a good thing on this girl.

Looking forward to growing a lot more from them. Each year they seem to out do the last year.

Last edited:
Illuminauto suggestion.

I'm about to start new grow in my easy grow 2 site autopot. I'm gonna run double grap and white crack. Was thinking why not combine the two strongest strains see how stupid you can make people.
I ran them together in a min scrog its fire smoke

Back