Mephisto Genetics The Mephisto Genetics Project Thread!

She's a beauty!

:baghead: I hate when that happens! .... talk about a dead thread, huh?

........ Well shit, this is a better place than the Customer service thread for this, and simply no time for a solo journal.... I should tag @stan_mephisto :toke:

Livers bx, about 3 weeks and change; it's been a little cool, into the mid-60's during lights out but it's good that she didn't blow up, things are rather crowded in the tent now! I'll get more pics today since she's stretching nicely and moving quick!
View attachment 1198396View attachment 1198397View attachment 1198398

Thanks pop', I think she has the potential to be one of their large growing auto's, but a small pot, new nute line and the cool T's kept her on the small side,.... just as well, it's crowed as hell in there with the photo girls launching for outdoor season!
tent.jpg

:passit: @stan_mephisto ...... Livers bx chugging along nicely now! I'm really digging how her fuzzy crowns are forming up...:greenthumb:
BTW, can you tell us more about Liver's lineage? Best I can find is it's a Skunk #1 pheno', about as generic a description as one can get these days...:doh:

liv1.jpg
liv2.jpg

Sour Livers is a project created by the infamous Mephisto Genetics. Back in 2015, the company set about creating a strain to improve the quality of auto blues. The end result is crossing of Sour Blues and Chem City Blues, creating a powerful and smooth Indica plant.

In January of 2015 we set about to create a bx project for our Artisanal collection. To improve the quality of our auto blues and to progress locking down more of the traits from our all time favourite strain into automatic form.

The main project was to use our Auto Blues as the auto parent to back cross to our livers cut and work to auto again over at least 4 generations. (That is also due out soon as the pure Auto livers)

At the same time we decided to make two other crosses for the fun of it, also crossing sour crack and chem city blues to the livers.
Fast forward a little over two years,the work is complete and we're super stoked to launch something that has developed into an astonishingly nice automatic: Sour Livers.

To those unfamiliar, 'The Livers' is an old school cutting that has been kept alive and spread mostly between growers in the North of England since at least the early 90's,the reason being simple it's incredible as both a commercial producer and as a high quality top shelf head-stash variety. Strains come and go over time, but there's definitely a reason cuttings from this era are still doing the rounds, the exodus cheese, Psychosis, Northern lights to name a few others.

“Livers is a favourite cut originating from Sheffield and renowned for being a breed unique to the city. It’s a hybrid that’s been around since the 80s and there’s a lot of debate about the origin. Some people say it’s Northern Lights crossed with Blueberry or an old phenotype of Skunk 1, similar to Cheese. However, unlike Cheese Livers has a more fruity flavour.” Auto Livers will bring a new slant to this legendary strain. “We like it because it is strong and has a really big taste, smelly as hell and a fantastic all-rounder when it comes to the grow room. It’s also got Northern roots so always good to rep our area!”

The only slight, if you can call it a downside, of the cutting is the intense level of aroma, and a very distinct but delicious aroma that the variety cranks out.
The catch 22 is that often it's impossible to sell any flowers in those areas that aren't this strain because it's all people want and love, but due to the aforementioned odor level it has been referred to as 'prison weed'- but have a good filter and no problemo.:)
It definitely sets the bar for high quality dope.
Mated to our Sour Crack we've blended two of our very favourite strains together, over each generation we selected for the 'livers' aroma and flower structure and the greasy sticky resin that is produced in abundance by the Sour Crack.

Sour livers is positively loaded with terps, everytime you even get close you want to give the flowers a finger hug, and that aroma sticks on your fingers for hours after. Yes, people may look at you strangely perpetually smelling you fingers.

She's a really unique strain, and is way up there in the top strains we have made. Definitely expect to see a few special sour livers based hybrids on the horizon too in 2017.

Strain behaviour and structure:
To cut to the chase the Sour Livers is not a monster large strain. Given her heritage she is far more inline with the Auto-SOG style of plant, But she is a compact bushy variety of top notch quality, and for her size she packs a lot of flowers into a small area.
Give her a smooth ride in the seedling stage and it's plain sailing from there on out, she's not over fussy or finicky and once established will handle good levels of feed.
She absolutely benefits from some leaf tucking to expose those lateral branches she pushes out from early on, and encourage them to grow upwards and you'll be in for a treat of a mini-multicola'd gal.
It's also worth clearing out fluff on the internal and lower parts of the Sour Livers to ensure all energy gets diverted to the primo sites. A very small amount of work in those areas will result in the best possible results.
Variation between phenotypes is minimal, even under hps which can make plants stretch more the end size difference is minimal.
She does respond nicely to some gentle LST if you wish to, but really her natural bushiness makes it uneccesary for the most part.
Sour livers is a quick strain with a low overall cycle time, she switches from seedling to flower very quickly and then full into bud mode very quickly.
The flowers she produces are highly aromatic with an intoxicating scent, she really oozes terps and the resin on her fans sparkles.
The flowers are compact with very nice density, and as a result the end product is properly a looker.
We definitely recommend to ensure your odor control is fully working, as this is one of our smelliest strains. Don't chance it without.

Type 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Flowering Time 60-70 Days
THC Content 20%+
Yield 90-120 gr/pp
Height 45-65cm
Taste Sweet, Sour, Fruity, Skunky
Smell Sweet, Sour, Fruity, Skunky
Effect Sedative, Happy
Grows Indoors/Outdoors
Medicinal Properties Pain, appetite stimulation, insomnia

Last edited:
To those unfamiliar, 'The Livers' is an old school cutting that has been kept alive and spread mostly between growers in the North of England since at least the early 90's,the reason being simple it's incredible as both a commercial producer and as a high quality top shelf head-stash variety. Strains come and go over time, but there's definitely a reason cuttings from this era are still doing the rounds, the exodus cheese, Psychosis, Northern lights to name a few others.

“Livers is a favourite cut originating from Sheffield and renowned for being a breed unique to the city. It’s a hybrid that’s been around since the 80s and there’s a lot of debate about the origin. Some people say it’s Northern Lights crossed with Blueberry or an old phenotype of Skunk 1, similar to Cheese. However, unlike Cheese Livers has a more fruity flavour.” Auto Livers will bring a new slant to this legendary strain. “We like it because it is strong and has a really big taste, smelly as hell and a fantastic all-rounder when it comes to the grow room. It’s also got Northern roots so always good to rep our area!”

The only slight, if you can call it a downside, of the cutting is the intense level of aroma, and a very distinct but delicious aroma that the variety cranks out.
The catch 22 is that often it's impossible to sell any flowers in those areas that aren't this strain because it's all people want and love, but due to the aforementioned odor level it has been referred to as 'prison weed'- but have a good filter and no problemo.:)
It definitely sets the bar for high quality dope.
:toke: Ah, way to dig up the Archives Arty, thanks!

I was gifted some Sour Blues seeds and I'm germing one right now but I can't find any info on them except for sale pages in various seedbanks. Y'all got any info so I can know a bit more about what to expect? I'm excited because I've wanted to grow some mephisto forever but this strain is elusive

I was gifted some Sour Blues seeds and I'm germing one right now but I can't find any info on them except for sale pages in various seedbanks. Y'all got any info so I can know a bit more about what to expect? I'm excited because I've wanted to grow some mephisto forever but this strain is elusive
Try google with Reddit in the search along with sour blues description i am pretty sure there’s one out there

I wonder when Mephisto will release some new strains?? Will there be any "Hot" strains released 2020?? Some Limited or Artisinals for example.. If I could whish then I hope for some new strains with some modern up to date genetics. And im hoping on a re-release of Forgotten Cookies and Forum Stomper. I'm looking forward to see some new strains from The Mephisto Crew.. RespeKt..!

I wonder when Mephisto will release some new strains?? Will there be any "Hot" strains released 2020?? Some Limited or Artisinals for example.. If I could whish then I hope for some new strains with some modern up to date genetics. And im hoping on a re-release of Forgotten Cookies and Forum Stomper. I'm looking forward to see some new strains from The Mephisto Crew.. RespeKt..!

There is only one new strain release this year and I think it’s the Livers bx if I’m not mistaken. But great news. Last report is Stan said on Reddit that the next drop will happen late sept with a new release and the second reserva drop as well at that time. So as it is literally the end of September now it should be In the next two weeks

Back