Dutch Passion Think Different is soil vs seymour-buds..?

Z

zaQ

Hey DP,

I was wondering what you have heard from your other test growers (if you have any?) how this queen doing in soil? Tall, yield, bushy or not.. etc..

I only found pics in DWC by seymour-buds but im soil (indoors )and thinking about this strain for my next.. like many do :)

Thanks in advance!

ive had loads of pms on that question aswell and...... if you give her enough space for her roots to expand into then i think you will get very similar results if not better, obviosuly you have the option of using airpots aswell and ive seen some amazing grows in them with autos, she only got released last week so id expect similar grows to follow

just my opinion mate, hope it helps

I was going to ask SB if he had to get rid of either the light or the DWC which would it be.... but I think its more whats above the plant than whats under it.

Just look at what buds a weak cfl makes compared to a 1000w HPS... What these expensive led lights are producing seems to be a far better spectrum...???

Time will tell...then we will be slowly rushing into new gear...lol

So what we need here is a good old side by side...lol

1 tent with a 1000w HPS with a dwc...
and
1 tent with 3w 345 led in 5 gals of promix...

i was only asked to test grow the strain and thats literally what i have done, ive not pushed hard to achieve anything with this grow and i have literally just let her grow herself

i cant wait to see what people get from this strain under hps and outdoors and in soil or coco etc, all ive really done is prove that she is a true 100% autoflower and can be chopped @ 9 weeks from seed which is what dutch passions asked me to do ;)

ill leave it upto you guys to achieve what ever it is you want from this strain :peace:

I think DP has a winner with Think Different.
Seymour has definitely done it justice, but like he said - he didn't really push it.
Just gave it a great environment to thrive in.
I'm looking forward to the smoke report - grow-wise I like it but the effects are what's important in the end.

just to show their is no bias opinion from me i was gonna get 1 of your forum mods to do a test smoke report for her, thats if he wants to do it ??

Some of the questions on how Think Different will perform in other greow mediums are good ones. And I hope we can find out if I get some more volunteers for my 'free seeds for a grow diary' competition. However the Think Different seeds are only just reaching the distributors now, so the only finished grow we will see for a while is Seymour's and he has set the benchmark and shown what this girl can do. And what a spectacle it has been. I was saying to Seymour in a PM how we have learnt so much about the breeding process in the last couple of years, in other words 'how to really make good autos work to their very best'.

But yes, I expect Think Different will be grown in all the different grow systems by the end of the year. It is also interesting to see how many people are keen to grow auto's as a faster alternative to photoperiod strains for outdoor grows

But yes, I expect Think Different will be grown in all the different grow systems by the end of the year. It is also interesting to see how many people are keen to grow auto's as a faster alternative to photoperiod strains for outdoor grows

The first seed companys were for outside growers...then came the light bulb... then they all flocked to the indoor scene, leaving the outdoor guy high and dry... now it just happens that autos, will also reward the outdoor growers...

Yeah, thanks for answers. Im interested because I want to see if the AK47 is better then JD's. I just love ak47 :) Im getting to much small phenos also from the EasyRyder..

Guess I will grow 14 TD's later this spring :)

The first seed companys were for outside growers...then came the light bulb... then they all flocked to the indoor scene, leaving the outdoor guy high and dry... now it just happens that autos, will also reward the outdoor growers...

The oldest 2 remaining seed companies are ourselves and sensi seeds, we have always been loyal to outdoor growers with a decent selection of outdoor strains, of which Fresian Dew and Passion#1 have been the bestsellers. But one of the drivers for indoor growing was the security issues. People were getting their grows ripped by the police or thieves.

At the same time many european growers were intrigued by some of the more exotic tropical strains which were tough to grow successfully outdoors. So indoor growing came along and overtook outdoor. Now, with the speed of Auto's combined with the potency/yields I am sure we will see a swing back to outdoor grows once again. It is as if things are turning full circle, and what is more interesting for me is that few would have predicted this just a few years ago. Thats why I keep saying auto's are something of a revolution

Hey Zaq, i hve just put down my TD, she is 6 days old so not much to show. I am growing under a 250 watt hps and in soil, I will start a thread tmrw or tonight and will keep a weekly journal to keep people up to date.

Back