Grow Room Tips for keeping Solo cups and other small containers from tipping?

The extra factor is still being able to bottom-feed. The fast food cup holder would probably get soggy if it was soaking in hydro nutrients half the time. The rocks would work, though at that point it's like adding extra medium after the fact (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but once roots grow into it the setup changes).

For now I have the plastic sleeve cut from the middle third or so of a 1L bottle reinforcing/supporting the solo cup, with openings in the bottom to allow water flow. I'll see if I can figure out a better waterproof stand.

And, yeah, it's a bit of a silly problem.
Its not silly...I know exactly what you mean!! I love to bottom feed my cups. I found that "beer roaster chicken stands" from family dollar work pretty good :biggrin:

71yMIKoCrpS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

IMG_20190224_112944.jpg

I’m trying a Fage yogurt container as an instatrans pot. Its a larger and a lot more stable than the Solo cup.

Attachments

• CFB15FFD-69CC-42C4-877F-13228E747D91.jpeg
    CFB15FFD-69CC-42C4-877F-13228E747D91.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
In my current grow I'm using plastic pint ice cream tubs instead of solo cups. They have a wider base, so they're less prone to tipping, and they're sturdy enough to reuse (with cleaning).

Cut another solo cup in half and place it under the cup upsidedown so that u now got a wider base

Back