Tips on a 2-4 plant perpetual grow?

Ryan Golightly

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Currently on my first autoflower grow, hoping it is successful. You guys are making a huge difference, but I am curious as to how I would get a perpetual grow sort of thing going... currently have 2 plants in 5 gallon smart pots in peat moss, but plan on moving over to (4) 3 gallon smart pots in coco coir. The current ones are gaining on week 5 and I was thinking I should start the seeds at week 8 or so for the next round... any pointers? Thank you guys for all that you do!

get your method down pat or any hiccups will screw up your rotation.have a new seedling ready to veg every 3 weeks...germination is crucial.
gl :kitty:

If your goal is to have four 3 gallon and you are at week 5 of 5 gallon. I would start 2 seeds in a week. That way (if the strain you got now is a 10 week strain) you'll harvest and you'll have 2 plants in 3 gallons a month old already. Then plant 2 more. Then you'll have 4 perpetually going. I got a 4 plant perpetual going now. Got 2 harvests. Harvested 2 in this week. Now i got 2 plants on day 44 and 2 plants day 7 while these 2 dry out.

If perpetual grow means using all tent space all the time, just have sprouted seeds or otherwise transplant new plants to their final container on harvest day; and swap the new plant in. I plant a new seed about 2-3 days before each plant's harvest time, harvest the plant and then transplant the sprouted seed to its final container (coco/perlite) move that into the tent This means growing with lights set for bloom (consider more critical). With me, the new plants just have to fight to survive in a bloom-oriented environment (and >80% do OK).

Thanks guys!! I was having trouble trying to figure out when exactly I should sprout and get the new ones going. You guys told me exactly what I needed to know!!

Two real possibilities. With an average auto life of 12ish weeks give or take you could:

1) Plant 1 seed every 3-4 weeks ensuring that every 3-4 weeks you have a new lady to harvest.

2)plant 2 seeds every 6-7 weeks and have 2 plants to harvest every 6/7 weeks

Something to consider is your feeding schedule. Since your plant's will be at different ages you will feed them differently. For instance you(or at least I do) feed older plants more nutrients than my younger plants. So i have to make sure i don't feed all the plants the same nutrinet solution as it could burn your young plants. Just something to keep in mind!
Good Luck

Something to consider is your feeding schedule. Since your plant's will be at different ages you will feed them differently. For instance you(or at least I do) feed older plants more nutrients than my younger plants. So i have to make sure i don't feed all the plants the same nutrinet solution as it could burn your young plants. Just something to keep in mind!
Good Luck
I do this all the time cuz I forget then wonder what's wrong with this one

I was actually thinking about that just now... I will have to make a solution a lot weaker than the normal solution I would give, so I think I'll save a few 1 gallon milk cartons and mark them for seedling, veg, flower and feed accordingly.

Back