Photoperiod To flush or not to flush and if so....When?

icmoon

Finding a Replacement for the painkillers we use
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Don't smoke.......First grow = Burple bud Fem and Super Skunk auto
Hi all.

I'm nearing the end of my first ever grow it's been a steep but enjoyable learning curve for me. I'm trying to guess what the plant will be like in two weeks time (after flushing) This is super skunk photo plants. (believe me it's auto's from now on!)

I'm trying to figure out when to flush my plants (I now have clear trichomes and 75% of pistels are now brown). What I really am trying to find out is if I start to flush too early will this affect my 'yeild', will giving them simple RO water adjusted to pH 5.8 - 6.2 stop any more bud/trichome growth? plus will the trichs turn cloudy or amber whilst being fed just plain water?

I'll try & post some pics on here later to show where I'm at, but I think it's week 20 for this first grow.

Sorry if it seems a bit of a garbled question but I can't find any good info on this subject.

Respect, as always

Cmoon

Hi all.

I'm nearing the end of my first ever grow it's been a steep but enjoyable learning curve for me. I'm trying to guess what the plant will be like in two weeks time (after flushing) This is super skunk photo plants. (believe me it's auto's from now on!)

I'm trying to figure out when to flush my plants (I now have clear trichomes and 75% of pistels are now brown). What I really am trying to find out is if I start to flush too early will this affect my 'yeild', will giving them simple RO water adjusted to pH 5.8 - 6.2 stop any more bud/trichome growth? plus will the trichs turn cloudy or amber whilst being fed just plain water?

I'll try & post some pics on here later to show where I'm at, but I think it's week 20 for this first grow.

Sorry if it seems a bit of a garbled question but I can't find any good info on this subject.

Respect, as always

Cmoon
Some of us believe in not over feeding our plants, and that that eliminates any need for flushing.
Here are the results of an experiment:
http://www.rollitup.org/t/the-great...-and-in-depth-look-at-the-final-weeks.524474/

Hi all.

Respect, as always

Cmoon

I suggest the perfect article posted by @pop22 in the mythbusting section https://www.autoflower.org/threads/flushing-the-myth-that-wont-die.56274/

You're not really flushing your plants of anything, the plants take up whatever they want whenever they want. What you are doing in reality is leaching the medium of any nutrients or soil build-up, effectively starving the plant.
If you "flush", you can give the plant a stress kick that will force it to use-up it's internal stores and it will, in anticipation of an end, start producing more resin. Or so the expert growers say.

What are you growing in? That matters too. For instance soil will take longer to leach where coco will take less time and hydro even less.

Some of us believe in not over feeding our plants, and that that eliminates any need for flushing.
Here are the results of an experiment:
http://www.rollitup.org/t/the-great...-and-in-depth-look-at-the-final-weeks.524474/

Sorry to say it mate but that "experiment" is totally useless as a scientific exercise. No fact in there whatsoever.

If you've been forcing shit loads of chemicals in, then I think it would be a good idea to back right off for the last week or so.

Best thing to do is grow organically and chop/smoke when you feel like it.

I think N is important to think about if you're using chem nutes. Too much N in flowering will definitely reduce yields if you're not careful. Best to start slowly reducing N input all the way through flowering IMO. Well, if you're gonna use evil chemicals that is.

I would wait until the heads start to cloud up then start a flush, but that's what I prefer in my smoke. You have to ask yourself what effect you prefer from your bud and choo when the heads reflect that.

I never managed to find any kind of article proving that the use or organic nutes to be better or chemical to be worse. Sure, they were all repeating the same thing, but without any kind of scientific backing. :( I'd love to know

What are you growing in? That matters too. For instance soil will take longer to leach where coco will take less time and hydro even less.
Hi,

Oops yup it might help!......Sorry, I didn't mention it earlier, but I'm growing in Coco Coir. I am aware that what I change in the feed/nutes patern may very quickly affect the plants. I agree with you about the nutes & feeding, these companies must make a mint out of mugs like me!

I am from now on going to feed maybe a third of the recommended amount of nutrients. I doubt I will see any difference. I only use the Canna range which are supposedly organic.

I don't actually smoke, my main goal is painkilling as I AM on a shitload of chemicals for that! I would love to kick all the poisons I'm taking right now in exchange for a natural herbal remedy. I'm going to make tinctures first but am also going to try the dry-ice method and make edibles with the resin. I tried the hair straightening method but didn't get any resin from that. What I did do was to eat the three buds I squished and I don't remember much more! Something must be working.

Thanks for your help guys, it really is appreciated.

Respect

Cmoon

Back