Tolerance Break?

NorseGrower

Plug Unplugged 2020
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
El Chem Kiwi, Pink Panama, Wedding Cake
Hey all,

Due to a good deal on some BHO, the size and frequency of my dabbing is unsubstanable and my tolerance is undesirable to say the least. I have some real amazing flower in cure right now and "as is" they'd go highly unappreciated. I know it's time. So the question is how much time? I don't need a zero baseline but I'd love to go from marble size dabs back to like 2 grains of rice or so. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
I'd say a month. Meditate everyday breathe deep breathe out concentrating on breath. Eat lots of greens fruits raw foods raw juice. You will get high from that. listen to music or do other things and the time will pass I tbreaked for a month and one arizer solo vape pack was like a dab. One dab was crazy lol

I forgot also exercise like if you got hills or a mountain in your area or woods walk for an hour to a nice scenic spot meditate up there. At least out in nature. You gotta get all the thc out of your fat cells. I feel like when they breakdown you still get high from them. Idk tho but sure felt like that lol

Maybe get a vaporizer like an arizer solo after tolerance break only fits .1 of a gram. Its more efficient then smoking so it well make your bud last longer. Tastes better too. I would if your gonna continue dabbing dab at night smoke/vape during the day after the tolerance break. I'd still tbreak at least till your bud is done curing so you can really enjoy. I'd say at least 2weeks. Terrence McKenna said bud should be used once twice a month in higher dosages to really get the effect. Then it will become more of a psychedelic. Or dab during the day on a special occasion like concert or you hiked to a really cool spot. Also if your a heavy dabber like a gram a day I think it will take longer than 2 weeks of non use of cannabis but like Mingus said even a few days will cause a difference but it will quickly go back to where it was.

I enjoy tolerance breaks almost as much as getting high. After smoking daily for a month or more it feels like a different kind of high being clear and sober, having more energy, it's amazing for awhile but lets face it, that first smoke after a week or more of being clean is also amazing! Once I learned to enjoy the buzz of being clean taking a tolerance break is something I look forward to every couple months.

Going to go for sober October. No alcohol or THC. I will load up on some CBD stuff for the month though. Wish me luck! I look forward to enjoying all the flower I got in Grove bags in November.
I've been doing some reading on CBD, enough that I'm having trouble remembering what I read where. I recently read that (to overly simplify) THC and CBD can have opposite impacts on the brain (this study mentions it), so your idea about taking a break from one and leaning on the other could be a good way to go about it.

I'd love to hear how your periodic sobering goes, it's a healthy and noble quest --

Back