Tolerance Break?

In a similar vein -- I have trouble sleeping, and I find that everything that helps me only does so for a while, I have to keep mixing it up. I'm nearing a point where I am developing a rotation of options, and using CBD as one of the spokes in the wheel works... but like everything else, only for a while.

I thought I would report back. I participated in "Sober October" under the understanding I would use legal over the counter smoke shop products like CBD, etc. but not "regular THC" or alcohol. So here is how it went:

The Good:
Well regardless of what you read after this, I went 31 days without drinking and that was "something" for me. In fact, today is 26 days since the challenge ended and I have only drank wine a total of 3 times. Once at midnight LOL., once after a comedy show at like 2 am and once to kick off this 4 day weekend Wednesday night. Each time I didn't act up and each time I am reminded I don't really want or need to drink. This is big for me. I was probably drinking wine to blackout like 3-4 times a week. The other days were just to appease the wife so this is a real accomplishment for me and lasting benefit of sober October. I lost a lot of my desire to drink.

The Bad:
I have drank 3 times and plan to again. I was never meant to abstain forever just let off and that's worked. But I had the wine poured at midnight on Halloween. While the alcohol side of this went great, the THC side is not so clear and happy, more on that to come. But here 26 days later I am back to dabbing heavily and not appreciating flower as much as I wish I did. My tolerance is high and as a side mission I never did this essential oil smell retraining after covid so still can't smell or taste for shit which lessens enjoyment of flower and individual cultivars as well.

The Ugly:
I did actually not smoke or dab "real THC" the entire month. I didn't wavier, not once! BUT on October 1st I went to a local smoke shop. I bought some Delta 8 chocolates for sleep, a "Sativa" and "Indica" 3Chi Delta 8 disposable vape and 3 grams of 3Chi Delta 8 sauce. After 31 days I ended up gifting both vapes probably 3/4 full to someone else, its just not my style of vaping though I did notice some subtle effects when used. The chocolates are a true winner. They are like $4 a piece and taking them at bedtime for me helps me with restless leg and staying asleep. I gifted a couple and received reports people were high as balls and one claims hallucinations so results vary lol.

Now the sauce....... I was a daily dabber so using Delta 8 sauce in my rig was exciting, tasted good and got me good and "medicated". Enough that I was shocked by its widespread legality. It was good enough that I thought I should only use up that 3 grams I bought and not buy more because it was perhaps not in the spirit of "Sober" October. Well I didn't stop using it. I ended up probably buying 5-6 3 gram jars during the month of October and using like direct replacement. So unfortunately, while I followed the rules I set for myself, I didn't get that downtime I wanted and needed to exercise my coping mechanisms that I bypassed with medicine.

At midnight Nov 1st when I smoked my first real joint I was above average high but experiences deteriorated quickly and I attribute it to the Delta 8 sauce. Now on a side note, if you are ever in a prohibition state just go to most smoke shops, get some delta 8 sauce and a cheap YoCan pen and you are good to go!! Try a 1 gram jar sometime but you'll wish you got a 3 gram jar!

I will do this again next year and next year no CBD, Delta or other substitutes!

I thought I would report back. I participated in "Sober October" under the understanding I would use legal over the counter smoke shop products like CBD, etc. but not "regular THC" or alcohol. So here is how it went:

The Good:
Well regardless of what you read after this, I went 31 days without drinking and that was "something" for me. In fact, today is 26 days since the challenge ended and I have only drank wine a total of 3 times. Once at midnight LOL., once after a comedy show at like 2 am and once to kick off this 4 day weekend Wednesday night. Each time I didn't act up and each time I am reminded I don't really want or need to drink. This is big for me. I was probably drinking wine to blackout like 3-4 times a week. The other days were just to appease the wife so this is a real accomplishment for me and lasting benefit of sober October. I lost a lot of my desire to drink.

The Bad:
I have drank 3 times and plan to again. I was never meant to abstain forever just let off and that's worked. But I had the wine poured at midnight on Halloween. While the alcohol side of this went great, the THC side is not so clear and happy, more on that to come. But here 26 days later I am back to dabbing heavily and not appreciating flower as much as I wish I did. My tolerance is high and as a side mission I never did this essential oil smell retraining after covid so still can't smell or taste for shit which lessens enjoyment of flower and individual cultivars as well.

The Ugly:
I did actually not smoke or dab "real THC" the entire month. I didn't wavier, not once! BUT on October 1st I went to a local smoke shop. I bought some Delta 8 chocolates for sleep, a "Sativa" and "Indica" 3Chi Delta 8 disposable vape and 3 grams of 3Chi Delta 8 sauce. After 31 days I ended up gifting both vapes probably 3/4 full to someone else, its just not my style of vaping though I did notice some subtle effects when used. The chocolates are a true winner. They are like $4 a piece and taking them at bedtime for me helps me with restless leg and staying asleep. I gifted a couple and received reports people were high as balls and one claims hallucinations so results vary lol.

Now the sauce....... I was a daily dabber so using Delta 8 sauce in my rig was exciting, tasted good and got me good and "medicated". Enough that I was shocked by its widespread legality. It was good enough that I thought I should only use up that 3 grams I bought and not buy more because it was perhaps not in the spirit of "Sober" October. Well I didn't stop using it. I ended up probably buying 5-6 3 gram jars during the month of October and using like direct replacement. So unfortunately, while I followed the rules I set for myself, I didn't get that downtime I wanted and needed to exercise my coping mechanisms that I bypassed with medicine.

At midnight Nov 1st when I smoked my first real joint I was above average high but experiences deteriorated quickly and I attribute it to the Delta 8 sauce. Now on a side note, if you are ever in a prohibition state just go to most smoke shops, get some delta 8 sauce and a cheap YoCan pen and you are good to go!! Try a 1 gram jar sometime but you'll wish you got a 3 gram jar!

I will do this again next year and next year no CBD, Delta or other substitutes!
I've heard that some folks got their sense of smell/taste back after taking mushrooms. Something about the psychedelic mushroom trip triggers their smell to click back on. I've heard this from multiple sources.

I've heard that some folks got their sense of smell/taste back after taking mushrooms. Something about the psychedelic mushroom trip triggers their smell to click back on. I've heard this from multiple sources.

Wow this is good info. They are usually difficult for me to source but not right now so this info comes with good timing. I will report back if I try and it works. In fact, I will have a hard time shutting up about it lol Thanks again!!

Nice job on the cutting back drinking. Not easy been there a few times. Now i can go a month without but then sometimes I drink almost everyday for 2 or 3 weeks. I found I been eating mushrooms lately and it has pretty much took the urge to drink away.

Back