Too late for auto outdoor?

horsehead

New User
Reaction score
Hi:), absolute first timer here, been researching the topic for a while now and decided to start it anyway, i have 3 auto seedlings(1, 2, 3), all of them 1" tall currently.
MY question is, is it too late for outdoor growing, will the flowering have problems with the cold, when can I expect harvesting.- yes i know, the data sheet says aprox., i'm askin someone who has first hand experience in this and could give some advice.
Weather here (46N,25E), gets cold in October.

Thanks!:bighug:

My experience was that the risk of rot increases as the amount of sunlight decreases and moisture increases. Since you’re already under way with your seedlings why not plant them in pots so you can move them indoors as needed.

My experience was that the risk of rot increases as the amount of sunlight decreases and moisture increases. Since you’re already under way with your seedlings why not plant them in pots so you can move them indoors as needed.

Yeah, I was thinking about this option too, problem is I dont want to spend on gear for indoor growlights and accessories.

Gonna be close if it gets cold in the begining of Oct...might be ok if cold nearer the end..

You might want to order some Phyter (Rotblock). Are the plants autos?

I am a fair ways north of you, but I have had poor luck up here even with autos. Zero chance with photos - by October it is too cold for the plants to do much, and humidity is off the charts a lot of the time. Mold city. The only outdoor grow I have done without mold was by using Rotblock.

Anyway, your season will be longer, and maybe drier later on, but cold will pretty much shut the girls down whether or not it also gets too mois.... (oops, almost) wet. :biggrin:

I was thinking you could leave them out during the day if its sunny, maybe bring them in at night ( time intensive) or if its raining. Just play with it. You’ll learn something.

You might want to order some Phyter (Rotblock). Are the plants autos?

I am a fair ways north of you, but I have had poor luck up here even with autos. Zero chance with photos - by October it is too cold for the plants to do much, and humidity is off the charts a lot of the time. Mold city. The only outdoor grow I have done without mold was by using Rotblock.

Anyway, your season will be longer, and maybe drier later on, but cold will pretty much shut the girls down whether or not it also gets too mois.... (oops, almost) wet. :biggrin:
ALMOST.....ALMOST.... :rofl:

so moist cat.png

I'd say it is way too late. I'm at the same latitude but 122 longitude. I started my auto outdoors in the first week of June and I'm thinking I don't have much time to spare. They seem to take 3 months, at least in my back yard.
But go ahead and see what you can manage. Nothing to lose yet knowledge to gain. Maybe you'll have an indian summer.

This is my first grow & I’m growing outdoors as well, except I’m growing in a greenhouse (got from Amazon for about $60). The greenhouse helps to keep the heat in. If I don’t let my door up to let air in & ventilate, even with the fan running temps can rise to about 115 degrees Fahrenheit inside while it’s 85 outside (which is high as hell, I’m starting to using Silica to help the plants be more resistant to high heat usually up to 105 degrees, among other benefits). That’s a 30 degree jump, personally I’m thinking even when it starts to get colder I can just keep my greenhouse completely shut & temps will be about 30 degrees higher. Although in my area around daytime Oct/Nov temps average around 61-75 degrees Fahrenheit & nighttime 35-45. So unless it drops hard in the day time, I’ll probably only close the door at night to keep temps higher. I’m growing a few purple strains as well so those temps in the 60’s will help bring that color out.

My suggestion, invest in a greenhouse & treat it like a grow tent. I have an outdoor extension cord running to mine with fan for air circulation rn. If push comes to shove I’ll throw a mini heater in there if temps get too low.

Back