well about the calmag and K... by what i understand from what wairia told me is once the coco has absorbed all the calmag it can it then in turn dumps alot of K into your substrate. but yes it does require added calmag in coco. i ran coco and LED's haha calmag hogs in coco!and yes i use silica (Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin) and love it... branches are as stiff as coat hangers and can hold up them heavy buds:vibe:

Ah, yes, @Waira knows his ganja growing!!
I've added some AN Sensi CaliMag (or whatever it's called) to my shopping basket to go with the AN Sensi Bloom Coco.
I think it's NPK 4-0-0 or something, so will use it as a nice veging addition early on.

I think maybe we're talking about different things for the "silica".
I mean those water retention crystals that start hard but expand into a gel kind of lump when water is added.
You just mix them into your medium already soaked / expanded.
They just keep moisture levels up.

Not sure if my plants will get big enough to need some coat hanger stiff reinforcing!!
As I wrote above, my equation is thinking:

Heavy yield genetics + below ideal guerilla conditions = medium yields.

I'll stake them though, and prob lst / fim / top a few to keep the stems stiff / strong.
Outdoors the wind will strengthen the stems and laterals anyway, in my experience.

Thank you @tripaholic88 for sharing.

I've added some AN Sensi CaliMag (or whatever it's called) to my shopping basket to go with the AN Sensi Bloom Coco.
I think it's NPK 4-0-0 or something, so will use it as a nice veging addition early on.
i stayed away from that AN calmag because plants require less N and more Calmag in flower and then vice versa for veg i believe.. that high N in the calmag may lead to N tox in flower... but once again i run indoors and im not sure what the PPM of your water or what your soil is like so i dont know how much calmag you will have to suppliment.... hope i got that out right im a little :baked: haha

I think maybe we're talking about different things for the "silica".
I mean those water retention crystals that start hard but expand into a gel kind of lump when water is added.
ahh ok no i havent used that stuff and would no nothing about them :confused1:

i stayed away from that AN calmag because plants require less N and more Calmag in flower and then vice versa for veg i believe.. that high N in the calmag may lead to N tox in flower... but once again i run indoors and im not sure what the PPM of your water or what your soil is like so i dont know how much calmag you will have to suppliment.... hope i got that out right im a little :baked: haha

ahh ok no i havent used that stuff and would no nothing about them :confused1:

Maybe I'll go for one of those Ca-Mg supplements with a lower or no N content.
There was another nice cheap one from a good brand at 1-0-0 IIRC.

Thanks!

Maria - gah..I apologize...when I refer to the giant plants I am referring to the bonus photo plants that go in the ground(if you decided to do that after a PH check). Autos in pots that small should be easy to contain. I think your comment "
Heavy yield genetics + below ideal guerilla conditions = medium yields" is right on the money. The pot size you are using I think will be the biggest limitation for the really large potential autos...please do me a favour and put one of the bigger yielding autos in well worked ground soil(2.5foot diameter and 1.5 shovels deep) if the PH works out well. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I am convinced my outdoor autos get so nice due to free travelling roots.

Just a couple of quotes - "The buds don't get that huge in the first place.
Plus, I'm sure I'm no where near your cool / cold temps here."

Our season is insane..cool early summer and early fall...most/many year's midsummer is hot as the pits of the abyss. Last year from mid july to mid august we had over 30 days that were over 28degrees Celsius. Our weather is extreme in the winter and a fair bit in the summer on the other end of the scale too!! I find a tough time with mold in the hot humid with autoflowers ending in july and early august. Last season the DP autoultimate I planted in the test garden(8 hours of direct sun tapering down to less than 6 by harvest) did really well...with the limited sun bud was sparse, a bit fluffy, but planted in the ground(6.2 PH leaf compost and natural soil, horse manure, lime) she grew into a beast. I can honestly say...I wouldn't be half the grower I am if I grew in pots!!

"I've been reading your garden description.
But you have a cultivated garden,
I'm in smallish pots guerilla style.
4'x4'x2' = ... 280 Liters!
I'm doing about 10 L. Hahahaha!!!!
You get 21 oz, maybe I'll get 1 oz!"

Haha again I apologize....that plant with the 4X4X2 hole was for a photoperiod plant. A big auto in the ground does well in a 2.5' X 2.5' X 16"deep. That's the joy of natural ground soil if PH and drainage is good...there is lots there!! Just depends how hard it is to dig. I just have a feeling that you must have some amazing dirt around there available!

"I think maybe we're talking about different things for the "silica".
Not sure if my plants will get big enough to need some coat hanger stiff reinforcing!!
I'll stake them though, and prob lst / fim / top a few to keep the stems stiff / strong.
Outdoors the wind will strengthen the stems and laterals anyway, in my experience."

I don't know about the crystals either..ive been home growing for some time now so I am a bit out of the current guerilla scene, though I did read about the crystals recently.
Hey check out my guide again on how I train autos outside. I believe its a great way to train and also a great way to stabilize against wind. My best spot the autos get strong wind last summer was 60kph winds(bugger all compared to your typhoon type winds!!), but well staked with rubber coated wire and bamboo stakes gives them excellent support from wind. Like you said hopefully you wont have to worry about it in the different season.

Maria - gah..I apologize...when I refer to the giant plants I am referring to the bonus photo plants that go in the ground(if you decided to do that after a PH check). Autos in pots that small should be easy to contain. I think your comment "
Heavy yield genetics + below ideal guerilla conditions = medium yields" is right on the money. The pot size you are using I think will be the biggest limitation for the really large potential autos...please do me a favour and put one of the bigger yielding autos in well worked ground soil(2.5foot diameter and 1.5 shovels deep) if the PH works out well. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I am convinced my outdoor autos get so nice due to free travelling roots.

Just a couple of quotes - "The buds don't get that huge in the first place.
Plus, I'm sure I'm no where near your cool / cold temps here."

Our season is insane..cool early summer and early fall...most/many year's midsummer is hot as the pits of the abyss. Last year from mid july to mid august we had over 30 days that were over 28degrees Celsius. Our weather is extreme in the winter and a fair bit in the summer on the other end of the scale too!! I find a tough time with mold in the hot humid with autoflowers ending in july and early august. Last season the DP autoultimate I planted in the test garden(8 hours of direct sun tapering down to less than 6 by harvest) did really well...with the limited sun bud was sparse, a bit fluffy, but planted in the ground(6.2 PH leaf compost and natural soil, horse manure, lime) she grew into a beast. I can honestly say...I wouldn't be half the grower I am if I grew in pots!!

"I've been reading your garden description.
But you have a cultivated garden,
I'm in smallish pots guerilla style.
4'x4'x2' = ... 280 Liters!
I'm doing about 10 L. Hahahaha!!!!
You get 21 oz, maybe I'll get 1 oz!"

Haha again I apologize....that plant with the 4X4X2 hole was for a photoperiod plant. A big auto in the ground does well in a 2.5' X 2.5' X 16"deep. That's the joy of natural ground soil if PH and drainage is good...there is lots there!! Just depends how hard it is to dig. I just have a feeling that you must have some amazing dirt around there available!

"I think maybe we're talking about different things for the "silica".
Outdoors the wind will strengthen the stems and laterals anyway, in my experience."

I don't know about the crystals either..ive been home growing for some time now so I am a bit out of the current guerilla scene, though I did read about the crystals recently.
Hey check out my guide again on how I train autos outside. I believe its a great way to train and also a great way to stabilize against wind. My best spot the autos get strong wind last summer was 60kph winds(bugger all compared to your typhoon type winds!!), but well staked with rubber coated wire and bamboo stakes gives them excellent support from wind. Like you said hopefully you wont have to worry about it in the different season.
:slap: for all that info bro

My very first grow was a MoC Auto Blue Amnesia.. Even though it was my first grow, and in hydro, none-the-less, I still pulled almost 3oz of great bud!!! Watch out for the munchies, though!!!!

Seeds in hand.

:vibe::dancer::vibe::dancer::vibe::dancer::vibe::dancer::vibe:

:frog::bighug:

Sweet Seeds were actually 3+1,
so have an extra seed of the Dark Devil, Cream Mandarin XXL and the Jack 47 (all auto).
The 2 x Licquorice Bud freebie has also apparently changed to 3 x Top Tao seeds.

Maybe some photos to come!

The Order and the Seeds - Seed City

Maybe this can be a mini review for the ordering process.
Last time I used MSNL ( www.marijuana-seeds.nl ),
which all went along very well, I thought. Great service, great seeds.

This time, thought I'd be more breeder specific,
so went with Seed City ( www.seed-city.com ).
Again, the service was really great. Quite a few emails
back and forth, very helpful and informative.
I ordered around the Christmas / New Year period,
so there was a delay with them receiving payment.
My payment mail tracker was saying "Picked Up",
but they didn't have it for maybe a week
in the busiest period. Then it popped up for them,
and they sent the order out. Not sure exactly how
long it took from them to me, as I was out of town
for a while. It was sent to a business address, too.

When I got back, very easily found my old delivery.
The "super stealth" packaging was very good.
I wouldn't say amazingly stealthy, but had enough
to get through no problem, obviously!!
Won't show any photos or discuss their methods.

Inside was a small black zip-lock bag,
and inside that were 10 seed tubes.

All of them:
2017 Spring Seeds - All.jpg

Sweet Seeds - Auto Jack 47, Auto Dark Devil, Auto Cream Mandarin XXL
2017 Spring Seeds - Sweet Seeds.jpg

Fast Buds - C-14 matic, G14, Green Crack
2017 Spring Seeds - FastBuds.jpg

Dutch Passion - Auto Mazar | Ministry of Cannabis - Auto Blue Amnesia | Mandala - Safari Mix (experimental hybrids) | Top Tao - Early Top Tao
2017 Spring Seeds - DP, MoC, Man, TT.jpg

Presently in storage. That's 36 seeds. Will prob only use 1/3 or 1/2 of them tops.
Will keep the others for future plans.

In the meantime, got my lavender, scorpion chilis, mint, peppermint, lemon mint and friends
back under my Mars Refl 192 in the 120x120 tent.
I want them to grow a bit more as tent cover, before starting the ganja.
Will probably start with maybe the freebie photo regs -- the Earl Tao and Mandala Safari.
If I really get off my ass, I'll start figuring out how to prep that deep jungle site near the stream.
Getting the photo regs out there very early could lead to some nice jungle giants.

Dreams are free!

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

Last edited:
Back