What do you do with 500-1000 beans?

SFC

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
So lots of people are making seed & each run generates way more than you need for personal use right? (In general, maybe not for finicky cultivars or making fems on a few branches etc)

My question is... after limited testing, should we find a way to get them out to people in need? I'm talking specifically people with MS, cancer, glaucoma & other serious disabilities. A lot of these people can no longer work, so the $50 that seems like no big deal to us, is eating or not eating to others.

Should we not as a community develop a network to distribute seeds to those most in need? I'm not talking breeder packs, or spending $, just excess user-created Auto seeds, that might otherwise end up in a fridge forever.

Any feedback, suggestions on this idea are appreciated. :love:

So lots of people are making seed & each run generates way more than you need for personal use right? (In general, maybe not for finicky cultivars or making fems on a few branches etc)

My question is... after limited testing, should we find a way to get them out to people in need? I'm talking specifically people with MS, cancer, glaucoma & other serious disabilities. A lot of these people can no longer work, so the $50 that seems like no big deal to us, is eating or not eating to others.

Should we not as a community develop a network to distribute seeds to those most in need? I'm not talking breeder packs, or spending $, just excess user-created Auto seeds, that might otherwise end up in a fridge forever.

Like JP1 said there are groups out there, and quite a few aimed to get seeds to vets, or individuals with ailments, for free or low cost. Sebring from OG is one that comes to mind. There’s a lot of seed and clone traders out there, many are kinda tight knit though so gotta build trust and rep in their community before they’re going to send off cuts and beans.

L,
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:There are veterans groups and local “clubs “ as well as seedshare outfits around.
The time/commitment/expense/risk to disperse surplus seeds is significant. If you have extra, contact your local community senior center ( if in a legal state ) , or veteran’s representative. Every county is required to have veteran’s office hours.
Very kind and admirable thought!!!

Like JP1 said there are groups out there, and quite a few aimed to get seeds to vets, or individuals with ailments, for free or low cost. Sebring from OG is one that comes to mind. There’s a lot of seed and clone traders out there, many are kinda tight knit though so gotta build trust and rep in their community before they’re going to send off cuts and beans.
That's great I'm all for helping vets but everyone can get cancer, Ptsd & chronic pain. So if there's not a central hub for regular people to request beans... guess I'll have to make it!

And yea Overgrow is fantastic, not many Auto beans being sent out over there, I'd just love to see the same level of giving on every forum. Not anything of real value mind you, no elite cuts or seeds that require secret handshakes, no breeder packs... just excess stuff you'll never get to.

Let's get that into the hands of the less fortunate & people suffering. You never know who's life you'll change with a new gardening hobby, medicine, or just a simple act of kindness.

I share my seeds for free for that exact reason , if someone takes an interest in you're seeds just DM them and I'm sure you will help someone out . All the best .

Back