What was the first Autoflower that changed your mind?

What was the first Autoflower that changed your mind?
The first one I grew :baked:

how you acquired your first Autoflower seeds
The closest local dispensary that had auto-fems for sale (and they were pretty cheap).

What is your most memorable or favorite strain to date?
I 'member them all :pighug:

Is there an auto flower that will always have a place in your tent and if so why?
Every one I grow. They have all been good...:woody:

its wasn't a particular auto, i was here on the site because it had some great info on cobs and home builds,that was quite a while back.
I became curious about auto's from the guys and gals here, thought it was a necessity in life lessons to give 'em a try and see how they run, of course one attempt isnt enough, so I will have to do another, and of the two that I have grown in my first auto grow,the Gorilla cookies from private label, dutch headshop seem the better of the two.

So thats my next project 4x GC, and aiming for 300gm + from 4-6 plants, (details not yet confirmed) why the GC, goddamn the sheer number of trichs is reason enough. but they seem really easy to grow.

I'm still Working on my first packet....... :crying: ....just 40 Generations on.
Best £25 I ever spent.......:biggrin:

I made the Auto choice because of the Speed alone.

I made a mixed Photo Auto selection Order to grow for pain relief.....
I was told all through the grow that Autos were shite...and would Contaminate the Photoperiod genetics ...by every Troll that stopped by.......:troll:...so....I was quite Surprised when the Auto Mazar x LR#1 really Floated my med boat......

and Really Excited Thinking Gawd....if Autos are the weak cannabis...these photos are going to take my head off....

Boy....was I dissapointed....Apart from a Photo Afghan...nothing came Close to the pain relief I got from the Auto.

All of them.....if you make your own you don't progress ones you don't Love.....:pass:...

For my Eye...Always the Black Leaf/Black Dragon.....Watching one go from Green to Black leaf really is Magic.......

View attachment 1656522

Pain Killers.......:biggrin:...

Happy New Year @MrRooteralis :cheersmate:

Mephisto basically set up here on site.........:headbang:...with Mitch and his Partner....when no-one knew their name.....
Its even hard to imagine that they were obscure at one point as MG has become such a standard-bearer in the autoflower community. In recent years particularly Daz (formerly MG) whose influence has grown even among photoperiod breeders. I would say he's a good breeder but perhaps an even greater marketer of his product (this not to detract from his skill as a breeder just recognizing his skills as a brand ambassador). By the way, I have not grown any of his gear but I have heard and seen great things. Someday I would like to try my hand on that Zamango Auto.

Mephisto basically set up here on site.........:headbang:...with Mitch and his Partner....when no-one knew their name.....
Its even hard to imagine that they were obscure at one point as MG has become such a standard-bearer in the autoflower community. In recent years particularly Daz (formerly MG) whose influence has grown even among photoperiod breeders. I would say he's a good breeder but perhaps an even greater marketer of his product (this not to detract from his skill as a breeder just recognizing his skills as a brand ambassador). By the way, I have not grown any of his gear but I have heard and seen great things. I have had my eye on that Zamango
I'm still Working on my first packet....... :crying: ....just 40 Generations on.
Best £25 I ever spent.......:biggrin:

I made the Auto choice because of the Speed alone.

I made a mixed Photo Auto selection Order to grow for pain relief.....
I was told all through the grow that Autos were shite...and would Contaminate the Photoperiod genetics ...by every Troll that stopped by.......:troll:...so....I was quite Surprised when the Auto Mazar x LR#1 really Floated my med boat......

and Really Excited Thinking Gawd....if Autos are the weak cannabis...these photos are going to take my head off....

Boy....was I dissapointed....Apart from a Photo Afghan...nothing came Close to the pain relief I got from the Auto.

All of them.....if you make your own you don't progress ones you don't Love.....:pass:...

For my Eye...Always the Black Leaf/Black Dragon.....Watching one go from Green to Black leaf really is Magic.......

View attachment 1656522

Pain Killers.......:biggrin:...

Happy New Year @MrRooteralis :cheersmate:

I read the Path of the Dragon thread and noticed that the Jem F9 is related to the Black Leaf/Black Dragon, is that correct? I actually tried to purchase the Jem F9 but it was sold-out so I got the Coal Miner's Daughter F5 (CMD F5) regular seeds instead but I have always found the Jem F9 to be such a beautiful plant.

Are Black Leaf/Black Dragon seeds available at any US seedbanks? Are they Feminized or Regular seeds?

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• JEM F9.png
    JEM F9.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Its even hard to imagine that they were obscure at one point as MG has become such a standard-bearer in the autoflower community. In recent years particularly Daz (formerly MG) whose influence has grown even among photoperiod breeders. I would say he's a good breeder but perhaps an even greater marketer of his product (this not to detract from his skill as a breeder just recognizing his skills as a brand ambassador). By the way, I have not grown any of his gear but I have heard and seen great things. I have had my eye on that Zamango

I read the Path of the Dragon thread and noticed that the Jem F9 is related to the Black Leaf/Black Dragon, is that correct? I actually tried to purchase the Jem F9 but it was sold-out so I got the Coal Miner's Daughter F5 (CMD F5) regular seeds instead but I have always found the Jem F9 to be such a beautiful plant.

Are Black Leaf/Black Dragon seeds available at any US seedbanks? Are they Feminized or Regular seeds?

Happy New Year!
Daz is/was also a member here. And the mephisto guys were members here before mephisto existed. As well as @FullDuplex from gnome, which is mostly likely where you're seeing the Jem coming from. The "purple breeding auto" mephisto used for 24k is supposedly mossys dragon. A lot of gnomes stuff is isolations from an early generation of jem and he'll usually mention that in his descriptions. If you grow enough of the CMD you can find a black one, I've had 1 out of like 15 maybe so far. Check out night owl. Just about all his stuff is worth growing

I 'member them all

You have a great spirit because I grew a Gary Payton photo from Premium Cultivars that I refuse to ever let in to one of my tents. Its is the most hideous looking plant I have ever seen in my life. With that being said, the actual bud is amazing and has one of the most unique terpene profiles I have smelled in a while. FYI, it needs like 3 to 4 veg cycle to have a decent yield.

After 40 years of getting high I decided to grow and I’d never even heard the term photoperiod let alone autoflower. While online to buy my first “pot” seeds I read that I could be smoking in 90 days with an auto and I was sold. Purchased a gorilla glue cross, I don’t remember the site.
The day I planted the seed I went to get my car smog checked. Very long story ends with the smog guy (who I’d never met before) begging me to throw those away immediately and buy Mephisto or Night Owl. It’s 18 months later and those 2 are all I have ever grown. One day I will probably grow a photo but at the moment there’s just no reason to, autos check all the boxes on my wish list.

Back