What was the first Autoflower that changed your mind?

MrRooteralis

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I started this thread in order to get an idea of what were those pivotal strains that changed your perception or at least piqued your curiosity about Autoflowers. Something along the lines, hey I think we have something here. I am curious as to your journey in deciding to grow auto flowers as it has been a despised species for quite some time in the cannabis community especially in America.

Was there a moment of providence on how you acquired your first Autoflower seeds or bud that later led to you growing it? What is your most memorable or favorite strain to date? Do you have any pictures that you would like to share regarding your favorite Autoflower strain? Are there any auto flower strains you would consider classics by now? Is there an auto flower that will always have a place in your tent and if so why?

Lowrider could be considered a Classic, also you should look up the dragon history... ie, @Mossy's Black Dragon...got it's origin story right here at AFN. Definitely a classic!

I'm still Working on my first packet....... :crying: ....just 40 Generations on.
Best £25 I ever spent.......:biggrin:

I am curious as to your journey in deciding to grow auto flowers as it has been a despised species for quite some time in the cannabis community especially in America.

I made the Auto choice because of the Speed alone.

I made a mixed Photo Auto selection Order to grow for pain relief.....
I was told all through the grow that Autos were shite...and would Contaminate the Photoperiod genetics ...by every Troll that stopped by.......:troll:...so....I was quite Surprised when the Auto Mazar x LR#1 really Floated my med boat......

and Really Excited Thinking Gawd....if Autos are the weak cannabis...these photos are going to take my head off....

Boy....was I dissapointed....Apart from a Photo Afghan...nothing came Close to the pain relief I got from the Auto.

What is your most memorable or favorite strain to date?

All of them.....if you make your own you don't progress ones you don't Love.....:pass:...

Do you have any pictures that you would like to share regarding your favorite Autoflower strain?

For my Eye...Always the Black Leaf/Black Dragon.....Watching one go from Green to Black leaf really is Magic.......

1704037205271.png

Is there an auto flower that will always have a place in your tent and if so why?

Pain Killers.......:biggrin:...

Happy New Year @MrRooteralis :cheersmate:

I guess I should share the first autoflower that impressed me: Mango Smile by Mephisto Genetics. The terpenes and effects were just loved by everyone. They were very reminiscent of the hazes found in Washington Heights and Dyckman area in the 90’s. A little less potent but the flavor profile and effect was there.

The plants ended up being 5’ ft tall and were just beautiful to look at. And my friend abused those plants too, he actually topped them 4 times and they still produced massive colas. They were sensitive to nitrogen though so he got some clawing in his leaves during flowering.

Definitely a plant that needs sufficient vertical space or get ready to do some supercropping. Lol 😆

The bud itself was overly tropical with like a earthy and musky undertone once cured.

I guess I should share the first autoflower that impressed me: Mango Smile by Mephisto Genetics.

Yup....don't leave yourself out...... :pass:

Mephisto basically set up here on site.........:headbang:...with Mitch and his Partner....when no-one knew their name.....

The plants ended up being 5’ ft tall and were just beautiful to look at. And my friend abused those plants too, he actually topped them 4 times and they still produced massive colas. They were sensitive to nitrogen though so he got some clawing in his leaves during flowering.

Autos have Hearts like Lions........
CATURDAYGIF.gif
..much tougher than we give them credit for....:headbang:

The bud itself was overly tropical with like a earthy and musky undertone once cured.

Sounds Good.......:pass:

They were very reminiscent of the hazes found in Washington Heights and Dyckman area in the 90’s
You must be a local fella :welcome:Don't hear a lot of people around here talking about Piff. Never heard of mango smile compared to it, but I might have to check it out now. I burned through a lot of it in the 90s and it's actually one of the only old strains that are still around today. I have a mango smile cross going right now but doesn't remind me of anything old school

You must be a local fella :welcome:Don't hear a lot of people around here talking about Piff. Never heard of mango smile compared to it, but I might have to check it out now. I burned through a lot of it in the 90s and it's actually one of the only old strains that are still around today. I have a mango smile cross going right now but doesn't remind me of anything old school

Local fella here for sure! Have lived in the Tri-State area all my life.

I should have been more specific, the Mango Smile reminds me more of the first wave of good sinsemilla bud that came before the Piff. I am referring to the fruitier hazes instead of the legendary frankincense and church like smell that appeared in the mid to late 90’s I believe.

Perhaps when you grow the Mango Smile on it's own and not as a cross then maybe those old school terps might shine through.

MG used Mr. Nice Seeds Mango Haze to create this strain so I am definitely on the right track by saying it has old school haze terps at least from a genetics perspective. If you ever grow it out or create a journal let me know your thoughts on it, I would appreciate it.

Have a Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Double Grape all Day! Mephisto is the GOAT.
I really loved the plant structure and wanted to like it as it was one of my first autos. The other auto was a GSC (forum cut) by Mephisto as well. Unfortunately, I had one of those freak situations where the smell never kicked in for the plant. I have heard of other auto growers experiencing this.

Someday I might give it another try but for now I am moving on. I am glad it has worked for you though.

Happy New Year!

Back