What's a good temp and humidity to keep my room at for flowering stage?

Reaction score
Finally purchased a portable AC for my 4 x 8 grow tent should be here next week at some point :) What is a good temp to keep the tent at for the flowering stage? Also, what is a good RH level? The plants are in early flowering stage... Usually I check a VPD chart for a good temp and RH value; however I read somewhere high RH can cause bud rot.

e_and_humidity_levels_for_cannabis-mars_hydro_1__1.jpg

Finally purchased a portable AC for my 4 x 8 grow tent should be here next week at some point :) What is a good temp to keep the tent at for the flowering stage? Also, what is a good RH level? The plants are in early flowering stage... Usually I check a VPD chart for a good temp and RH value; however I read somewhere high RH can cause bud rot.

Bud rot can depend on the cultivars resistance, your housekeeping habits, and large swings in your climate. Keeping your VPD consistent eliminates the last part. No reason to deviate from VPD unless your buds are getting dense but humidity changes by 15% from seed to late harvest so naturally by mid/late flower your humidity should be lower, helping to prevent molds.

I like to try to keep RH >40%<50% in flower, 68°F night, 78°F day. If you get some big donkey dick buds that are really tight then 70°F nights and RH close to 40%. Then pray!

This HSO Green Crack had such dense buds that even with my best efforts it had Bud Rot, non of the other plants had a problem.

_DSC1881_InPixio.jpg

I like to try to keep RH >40%<50% in flower, 68°F night, 78°F day. If you get some big donkey dick buds that are really tight then 70°F nights and RH close to 40%. Then pray!

This HSO Green Crack had such dense buds that even with my best efforts it had Bud Rot, non of the other plants had a problem.

View attachment 1422382
Every time I see picture's of your plants, I dont know if I should worship you or hate you ;)

Every time I see picture's of your plants, I dont know if I should worship you or hate you ;)
Well neither Please.

:pighug:

I have been growing a long time and I am still learning. I hope my experiments benefit all growers.

View attachment 1422382
Man those are some of the longest and fattest colas I’ve seen from an auto (if it’s auto). Lots of water inside buds of that size, don’t think there was a way of saving it to be honest. Incredible plant(s) though man good job

Last edited:
My goal is to get my environment dialed in. I have a humidifier, AC(soon) and heater. I haven't used the heater yet; I may not do to AZ temps.

Those are some nice looking colas you have there :) I will eventually get to that point.

Back