which type of low stress training clips work best?

Hazey Magoo

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
When doing LST or mainlining I normally use plant training wire and tie the wire down to the side of the container. It doesn't work so well on fabric pots though and seems to get in the way when watering and doing general soil maintenance. Does anyone here use those LST training clips? Any particular brand work better than others as far as size ranges and overall design that stay in place won't snap branches or main stems when applied?

When doing LST or mainlining I normally use plant training wire and tie the wire down to the side of the container. It doesn't work so well on fabric pots though and seems to get in the way when watering and doing general soil maintenance. Does anyone here use those LST training clips? Any particular brand work better than others as far as size ranges and overall design that stay in place won't snap branches or main stems when applied?
I've tried a few different ones and never really liked any of them, like you I just use the wire. For fabric pots spring clips are great for anchoring wire.
clip.jpg

Someone on this site used chicken wire around his cloth pots for structure and tie off space

Back