Why are there so many nonbelievers?

:greenthumb:Have a look at our in house brother @dankstyle J who runs an all coco organic TLO type gig! He's growing his best plants yet that I've seen over the years here with him... But he did his homework long before even trying, using true soil. He just tinkered with things some to deal with pure coco's utter lack of native nutrients and odd CEC characteristics....
It's a bit of a learning curve to be sure, and more tricky than true soil (nothing changes the coco's peculiar CEC behavior with Ca and Mg), but it can be done...
Coco is a common component of many true soils as is,... I like them for the better breathing and compaction resistance than all-peat based stuff.

:smoking:
It's fair enough to be skeptical about that clown, but in principle this is not a BS thing at all,... Part of what trips peep's up is if they don't have some experience with all organic feeding, and all that entails for speed of availability, balance of the right nutes at the right time, and the critical need to have a strong diverse soil herd in there... They are the converters and cyclers, and if they aren't properly represented in the pot, results will suffer... Contrary to popular delusions with "organics", you can get burning, off-pH, toxicity and deficiencies using them!
Using straight coco just up's the tricky factor is all, but with coco's amazing positive attributes, it's a fine gig if you can swing it!
To be absolutely sure though, the quality of the coco is critical,... bad brands and batches are all too common, and that means major ass-pains to deal with... Bad coco that's not properly aged, rinsed and CEC buffered will be a shitshow to deal with,... usually it's too much native K and Na (toxic at low levels), and/or it wasn't well CEC buffered with a Ca/Mg solution to displace the excess K/Na, and ends up with coco's notorious Ca hogging issue keeping it from the plant...
Cations are strongly attracted to coco particles, and it's Ca++ and Mg++ with stronger charges than K+ and Na+ that displace them from the particle surfaces,... that's the deal with coco's bitchy CEC properties mostly....

Awesome!
Nice to know that there are other people using organic dry amendments in coco with success.

I’ve been having good luck with the (Big City) coco perlite mix I’ve been using, and also have tried a couple others without a problem. For the last couple years I just amend my used coco from previous grows to save money and hassle.

I do a similar gig with KIS Organics Nutrient Pack and premium soil,... Empire Builder (CA only I think) and Royal Gold King's Mix, both are coco-based...
RG is known for their coco and coco blends like Tupur, which are nice products...

Just bare in mind that if do a lot of amending with stuff like forest humus, EWC, and other components beyond strictly nutritional, you're not doing as a straight coco anymore, you've basically made a simple soil!
As a straight coco medium, you are "soilless", and that means a lot of "back-up" nutrients are not there... It's very important to make sure what you use has a broad coverage of most all nute elements, and supplement in what's missing,... I do this even with "super" soil.
Si is very important, serves several roles and benefits; micronutes need boosting for sure, or you're likely to get inferior performance if not outright defc.'s... Kelp can help cover that base too, but I like Earth Juice Microblast,... Humic-fulvic's are very beneficial (look in Reference section for a great article)... I also do light PK boosting during bloom to get the best out of the genetics! Inoculants are HUGE, you don't have to be a bloody tea master unless you want to do real-deal TLO, then you're back on a steep learning curve plus proper equipment and various nute components,... But some simple teas are a snap! A bucket, airstone and warmth can make you some nice herd boosting stuff- :greenthumb:... I'll do some EWC and inoculant, dash of some nutes,... plenty of RTU pre-made bagged stuff out there as well...

Look up Dank's grow, I'm not sure what all he does....

Coco reuse is fine with organics, but I'd still do some run-off testing of it for pH and PPM's before cycling it back in,... cover your butt! :smoking:

Will I get a faster yield with Coco with dry I like down to earth I'm intrigued

I do a similar gig with KIS Organics Nutrient Pack and premium soil,... Empire Builder (CA only I think) and Royal Gold King's Mix, both are coco-based...
RG is known for their coco and coco blends like Tupur, which are nice products...

Just bare in mind that if do a lot of amending with stuff like forest humus, EWC, and other components beyond strictly nutritional, you're not doing as a straight coco anymore, you've basically made a simple soil!
As a straight coco medium, you are "soilless", and that means a lot of "back-up" nutrients are not there... It's very important to make sure what you use has a broad coverage of most all nute elements, and supplement in what's missing,... I do this even with "super" soil.
Si is very important, serves several roles and benefits; micronutes need boosting for sure, or you're likely to get inferior performance if not outright defc.'s... Kelp can help cover that base too, but I like Earth Juice Microblast,... Humic-fulvic's are very beneficial (look in Reference section for a great article)... I also do light PK boosting during bloom to get the best out of the genetics! Inoculants are HUGE, you don't have to be a bloody tea master unless you want to do real-deal TLO, then you're back on a steep learning curve plus proper equipment and various nute components,... But some simple teas are a snap! A bucket, airstone and warmth can make you some nice herd boosting stuff- :greenthumb:... I'll do some EWC and inoculant, dash of some nutes,... plenty of RTU pre-made bagged stuff out there as well...

Look up Dank's grow, I'm not sure what all he does....

Coco reuse is fine with organics, but I'd still do some run-off testing of it for pH and PPM's before cycling it back in,... cover your butt! :smoking:
Thanks for the shout out waira, I love the coco the results are amazing I'm on my 4th run without replacing an let me tell you what the quality I get from living coco is amazing. I like to have fungal mats present on mine coz microbial feeding is a main component in the living coco .mine is a mix of coco an organic mostly coco .I add a lot of things an prefer fabric pots since my method is custom ,fabric pots are preferred.

Night wedding living coco grown.
20220117_125235.jpg
20220117_125220.jpg

Back