Why are there so many nonbelievers?

Fungal mats?
Mats of beneficial microbes ,looks like a mat of white mold .I make mine out of various things
But really dig castings an soybean meal ,an frass

If not faster yield why do over soil?

I do a similar gig with KIS Organics Nutrient Pack and premium soil,... Empire Builder (CA only I think) and Royal Gold King's Mix, both are coco-based...
RG is known for their coco and coco blends like Tupur, which are nice products...

Just bare in mind that if do a lot of amending with stuff like forest humus, EWC, and other components beyond strictly nutritional, you're not doing as a straight coco anymore, you've basically made a simple soil!
As a straight coco medium, you are "soilless", and that means a lot of "back-up" nutrients are not there... It's very important to make sure what you use has a broad coverage of most all nute elements, and supplement in what's missing,... I do this even with "super" soil.
Si is very important, serves several roles and benefits; micronutes need boosting for sure, or you're likely to get inferior performance if not outright defc.'s... Kelp can help cover that base too, but I like Earth Juice Microblast,... Humic-fulvic's are very beneficial (look in Reference section for a great article)... I also do light PK boosting during bloom to get the best out of the genetics! Inoculants are HUGE, you don't have to be a bloody tea master unless you want to do real-deal TLO, then you're back on a steep learning curve plus proper equipment and various nute components,... But some simple teas are a snap! A bucket, airstone and warmth can make you some nice herd boosting stuff- :greenthumb:... I'll do some EWC and inoculant, dash of some nutes,... plenty of RTU pre-made bagged stuff out there as well...

Look up Dank's grow, I'm not sure what all he does....

Coco reuse is fine with organics, but I'd still do some run-off testing of it for pH and PPM's before cycling it back in,... cover your butt! :smoking:

Great information! Thanks for taking the time. Definitely will factor some of it in my next grows.

So could you get same results watering 3 times a day in soil then. What makes Coco better?
I wouldn’t water 3 times a day, you would have a big fungus gnat problem. Never said that coco is better than soil, I’m just emphasizing that organic dry amendments do work in coco.

I'm not sure what "faster yields" even means. More yield in less time? You can do something about the yield, very little about the time IME.

Last edited:
Back