Why is my CS so dark?

Reaction score
16565061160393991438498209245845.jpg

Hi there! I'm currently making some CS and this is my first time doing it. Im using a 24 volt power adapter at 1 amp. Its currently only reading 16 PPM but I find the water to be very dark. Is this because I don't have an air bubbler and this is pretty typical?

Whenever i do it, it gets kind of amber. If you don't use distilled water, there can be anything in there as well.
But it looks just like mine does, sometimes lighter, sometimes darker...what silver source do you use?

The higher the amperage the bigger the silver particles get.
Try a maximum of 200mAmp and distilled water

The higher the amperage the bigger the silver particles get.
Try a maximum of 200mAmp and distilled water

Ok I am using distilled water :) I don't want to spend more money on another power adapter so I think I will just filter this when it hits 40ppm and try to reverse the sex with it. Although I am using the power adaptor for led lights and I do have an led dimmer so I can try that on a new batch once I get my bubbler on Sunday :)

Whenever i do it, it gets kind of amber. If you don't use distilled water, there can be anything in there as well.
But it looks just like mine does, sometimes lighter, sometimes darker...what silver source do you use?

Ok thanks for the reply. I got my silver from Amazon and says it's 99.99% pure silver. Golden State Silver seems to be the supplier.

16565150570708842841095645373468.jpg

so you're relatively secure, that theres nothing else in it. Just as I said, some colour is there always...but I never checked the input voltage,
i got some little gadget 2022-06-29-180127_002.jpeg2022-06-29-180127_001.jpeg
Somebody bought it for medical purposes and i grabbed it, as he wanted to dump it - enough silver pins for 10 years.

I can buy a cheap cleaning product that is just pure CS 10ppm would that be too weak?

so you're relatively secure, that theres nothing else in it. Just as I said, some colour is there always...but I never checked the input voltage,
i got some little gadget View attachment 1479414View attachment 1479415
Somebody bought it for medical purposes and i grabbed it, as he wanted to dump it - enough silver pins for 10 years.

How long do you typically need to run it for? Mines been going for around 18 hours, and even when filtered with a coffee filter its gotten quite a bit darker since this morning but I'm only getting 20 ppm.

I have been told light will turn STS dark....the silver oxidizing, so I imagine the same for CS.....and have read that a red lazer pointer shined into the bottle will kinda show you how much silver you have dancing in the CS mix......on my first try with STS so I could all be bro science...

the times you see on the "device" aren't that correct, so ignore them, after an hour i got 40+ppm on my meter for 200ml.

Back