Indoor Spliff Seeds White Widow Automatic

nben

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
Howdy all! Just wanted to start a journal on my adventure with Spliff Seeds' White Widow Automatic.

I've never actually grown a straight up White Widow before, they have always been influenced by some strain or another. Really excited to see the end results.

Here is a blatant copy and paste of the strain description for reference. Complete page can be accessed HERE

White Widow Automatic Female Cannabis Seeds

60% Indica. Genotype: Brazilian Sativa x South Indian x NL Special x Afghan Lowryder. Incense aroma. Earthy, hashlike taste (Kush). Super early finisher for outdoor. Short and compact covered in trichomes. Strong bodystoned and psycho-active high. THC percentage medium-high.
An original Widow was used to crossbreed with our NL Special and an Afghan Lowryder, which resulted in the creation of our White Widow Automatic. She is a fastflowering, gruesome budding lady that tastes good with a medium to high THC percentage. She is shortstalked, yields impressively and is a true Indica Stoner. As with all autoflowering strains she produces one main bud with some smaller side buds that are all greasy and white. After sticking its head above ground she will finish in a mere 9 weeks! Length is between 60cm and 1 metre. Yield between 400-550 gr/m2. The budstructure is halfopen and the optimal lightcycle is 12/12, which will result in firm buds. Suitable on all media.
White Widow Automatic has an incense aroma and a nice taste for an autoflower, somewhat hashlike and earthy. A true Indica stoner with a powerful bodystone. Medicinal value: insomnia, muscular pain, joint and lumbar pain.
Details:
Suited for:
indoor.jpg.pagespeed.ce.Y2LFWrfTb0.jpg
Indoor (I)
outdoor.jpg.pagespeed.ce.hlendHAqsj.jpg
Outdoor zone A/B/C (E)
Flowering:
flowering.jpg.pagespeed.ce.8bklfBXqfY.jpg
I) 10-11 weeks E) August-September
Plant height:
height.jpg.pagespeed.ce.E615i0ozNe.jpg
I) 0.60-1.00m E) 1.50m
Yield:
yield.jpg.pagespeed.ce.w0XwZ57d7F.jpg
I) 400-550 gr/m2 E) 60-80 gr/plant
Growing difficulty:
average.jpg.pagespeed.ce.x8Vfwgoh12.jpg
medium
Feminized cannabis seeds are created by pollinating a mother plant with the pollen taken from a female fatherplant.

Here is a pic of the sprout, just a little over 24 hours after planting:

DSCF0057 - Copy.jpg

Well here she is launched. A little awkward start but she will straighten herself out as soon as the roots start growing through the Aerogarden sponge.

DSCF0060 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0058 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF0058 - Copy.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Welcome to AFN. Sounds like a nice variety and looks like it is ready to grow. Make sure you get it in something deep enough for the tap root to develop

Welcome! My very first grow was Spliff's White Widow grown in DWC. I grew 2 and one hit 168 grams dry! Great smoke too!

Gotta Like Spliff man Spliff..er Space man Spliff er Spliff Seeds..lol they have some excellent stuff man.Lookin good.:Sharing One:

Thanks guys! Just a question to those who have grown this strain... The description says to grow at 12/12. I emailed the breeder and he says he stands behind the suggestion even though it is an auto.

He said that the buds will develop tighter than with my usual 20/4, and that it should be grown under 12/12 for the entire life of the plant. I am considering growing in a tent but waiting until it's in flower before switching.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Welcome to AFN. Sounds like a nice variety and looks like it is ready to grow. Make sure you get it in something deep enough for the tap root to develop

Thanks oldster! This is in an aerogarden, which it will be in for the next couple of weeks before she gets put in her main bucket to flower. All of the plastic seen in the photos will be under the clay pebbles. I just use the aerogarden to start my DWC plants.

Thanks guys! Just a question to those who have grown this strain... The description says to grow at 12/12. I emailed the breeder and he says he stands behind the suggestion even though it is an auto.

He said that the buds will develop tighter than with my usual 20/4, and that it should be grown under 12/12 for the entire life of the plant. I am considering growing in a tent but waiting until it's in flower before switching.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Do the 20/4 schedule! I did 18/6 you may need to train or scrog it if your space is small, they can be beasts! My big one was 46" tall and good, solid colas. I had 1 as big as a quart bottle! Here's a link to my grow if you'd like to see.

https://www.autoflower.org/f44/first-grow-journey-learning-hope-28341-27.html

Thanks so much for sharing that link! Fantastic pics! I am going to stick with my regular lighting schedule I think...

Edit: The 20/4 schedule that is haha! As you suggest pop22

Last edited:
Here she is in her permanent bucket. She is already reacting to the larger CFL. Fingers crossed that the rest of the grow will go as smoothly as the first couple weeks of her life:

DSCF0068 - Copy.jpg

Back