Indoor Dutch Passion 'Think Different' DWC under 600watt L.E.D (DP Competition Diary)

G

green greenie

Hi All

I'd just like to start this off by thanking the kind people at Dutch Passion for giving us the opportunity to do these grows for free, with the chance to win even more stuff! Also good luck to all in the competition.

So after getting excepted I've decided to grow 'Think Different' From what I can tell from Seymours grow this looks like a great strain. This should hopefully be a good comparison between what a new grower (me) can do with the strain compared to the expert (Seymour).

So, I got my set up around 4 months ago and had a few failed attempts, my seedlings kept dying after a couple of weeks but didn't show any normal symptoms, this had a lot of experienced people scratching their heads but after some experimentation I finally worked out that my light was too intense for the plants, even when it was right at the top of my tent.

I now have a 300 watt blue cfl to get the seedlings off to a good start before I switch to my L.E.D, so fingers crossed this should be a good grow!

The equipment I will be using for this grow is as follows;

1.2 x 1.2M Tent
4" Ruck Fan and Rhino Filter
300 watt Blue cfl (for first couple of weeks)
600 watt L.E.D
2 X DWC Oxypots
Hailea V60 Air pump

Canna Aqua Nutes
Canna Additives - Start, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, PK 13/14, Boost, Flush

On Sunday I popped 2 of them in a glass of water and left to soak for 24 hours. Monday I ph treated some water to 5.8, added a few drops of Rhizotonic and put the seeds to soak between some kitchen towel in a plastic tub. Last night The seeds had cracked but no roots were showing. When I got back today the roots were showing and you could see the start of the coytledons starting to break out! amazing growth rate already!

I soaked some rockwool cubes in ph 5.8 water with some rhizotonic in, squeezed out excess water and popped the seeds in. I'm a little bit worried as one of the roots was really fat and not very flexible and it snapped a little bit whilst getting it in. It wasn't completely broken so I'm hoping it'll still be ok. The rockwool cubes are now in a plastic container under the cfl.

I'll be updating with pics as soon as they sprout from the rockwool.

I really hope this is a good one for you guys.

Cheers

Greenie

Did you literally squeeze the water from the rockwool cubes? That can leave the medium without any place for oxygen to get to the roots. Otherwise, super pumped to follow the grow!

subbed,I wanna see all the Think different LED grows using DWC that I can get...grow on dude!

Definitely looking forward to checking this out. I plan on getting some of that strain but not DWC, I'll be doing soil. Rock it out man.

nice one, that light looks a good price have you seen any good grows with it?

there grams per watt link on there site goes to a hydrogrow penetrator you tube vid..

good luck man :peace:

nice one, that light looks a good price have you seen any good grows with it?

there grams per watt link on there site goes to a hydrogrow penetrator you tube vid..

good luck man :peace:
I saw someone do a grow but he only used the light for flowering, had good results though!

Did you literally squeeze the water from the rockwool cubes? That can leave the medium without any place for oxygen to get to the roots. Otherwise, super pumped to follow the grow!

I was gentle, should be fine!!

Hope so, 'cause they don't bounce back like rooter plugs. :) Once the roots come out of it, should be good to go. Can't wait!

I saw someone do a grow but he only used the light for flowering, had good results though!

I was gentle, should be fine!!

have you got a link to a grow as i cant find one anywhere? quantum 600 just comes up with stealth grows lights? you think these are copys of there stuff?

have you grown anything under yours? sorry to go on mate but im in the market for a LED light and trying to spend my money well!

was thinking of 2 240 blackstars but could get one of there 600s for the same price

Back