Can someone explain the 100+ day harvesting for Auto's

Most photoperiods even started under 12 12 light schedule won't reach sexual maturity until around 30 to 60 days from germination and then will still need another 60 to 80 days to finish flowering. I have finished photoperiods from seed in around 100 days. I have several auto strains that can go over 100 days but they are generally massive plants if grown properly and as far as quality their is no difference between autos and photos if you are willing to except lab tested proven science over those who either can't grow autos or just Bash them because they have little to no experience with growing them. It's all about what works best for you. My personal best yield and most potent indoor flower has come from autos but I still grow both. I still grow autos outdoor as well even though I can pull up to 5 to 6 lbs per plant off from a single photoperiod. Find what fits you best and go with it is the best answer anyone could give here.
Didn't intend for anyone to think it was an auto bashing post. Ive grown mostly autos this year. Mephisto and Night Owl. Never grew autos before this year.
My point was many stretch to far the flowering period. It calls for 75-80 days and they go 120.

Im loving them, and someone just introduced me to 1 pounders. Im excited

Didn't intend for anyone to think it was an auto bashing post. Ive grown mostly autos this year. Mephisto and Night Owl. Never grew autos before this year.
My point was many stretch to far the flowering period. It calls for 75-80 days and they go 120.

Im loving them, and someone just introduced me to 1 pounders. Im excited
I have a love-hate relationship with them. Sometimes I might bash, and sometimes I might wax effusive. Sometime both on the same strains.

I generally figure 13 weeks from sprout (91 days ish) to chop for most autos. Rare that I get under 80 day plants. Autos are also much cheaper for fertilizer if you're running any sort of hydro

The purpose to me for even growing autos is the shorter time and exceptional yield on some of them.

The plant itself clearly change their feeding at the end when harvesting.

Why on gods green earth are people waiting 100, 120 days. Photos finish between 60 and 90 days in flower.
What exactly are you waiting for? Some don't get much amber in the late stage

If Ii had to wait that long on an auto then why would I grow autos? Ridiculous high end genetics for photos, why waste that kind of time when you could have just did Photos
Someone explain this insanity to me
The main reason I grow auto's is they fit my lifestyle. Plus I dislike the 12/12 lighting schedule. Two reasons that have nothing to do with strains.

Lighting, thats the other thing.

Not everyone who grows indoors has budget for expensive lights, or the power they require.

Because most autos will tolerate 20+ hours of lighting, it requires less watts to achieve the same DLI.

I also appreciate that in my auto grow area I can introduce a new plant at any time theres a vacancy.

I don't think I've ever had an auto take over 90 days from sprout to harvest. I grow in coco, but in smaller pots. Many of my smaller/shorter cycle time autos have been ready around 65 days from sprout, and even very heavily sativa-leaning stuff (Auto Zamaldelica, Mango Smile, Wild Thailand Ryder, etc.) was done around 85.

One possibility: they are experimenting. I have heard that once the Trichs mature into amber and beyond that the THC degrades and it becomes more CBN or (and maybe?) CBG… or maybe its just less THC potency at work here from degradation…which is more of a relax or even sedate (to sleep even) kind of usage rather than the psychoactive THC driven ‘high’.
i will fact check when i am less high and more motivated. But those windows make sense for seeing if it needs those extra days to get those desired effects. What if I take this (’x’ no. of) weeks past the recommended harvest window kinda thing.

something to consider
I recalled where I heard this from recently..
High on Homegrown podcast: Grow Guides ep 10, Harvesting…
CBN is the degraded trichome converted.

I recalled where I heard this from recently..
High on Homegrown podcast: Grow Guides ep 10, Harvesting…
CBN is the degraded trichome converted.
When I let an auto go too long, the high was literally unhappy. I got the same experience eating a chocolate CBN bar. My takeaway is CBN bad. :sad:😒😭

Back