Can someone explain the 100+ day harvesting for Auto's

Here's my current Acapulco Gold auto at about 70 days. At least another month to go, and it has yet to fatten up.

IMG_20230728_181246.jpg

Here's my current Acapulco Gold auto at about 70 days. At least another month to go, and it has yet to fatten up.

View attachment 1619232
It's probably going to fatten up a lot in the next month, especially in the last couple of weeks. FWIW, it looks really healthy and vigorous. What size pot?

The purpose to me for even growing autos is the shorter time and exceptional yield on some of them.

The plant itself clearly change their feeding at the end when harvesting.

Why on gods green earth are people waiting 100, 120 days. Photos finish between 60 and 90 days in flower.
What exactly are you waiting for? Some don't get much amber in the late stage

If Ii had to wait that long on an auto then why would I grow autos? Ridiculous high end genetics for photos, why waste that kind of time when you could have just did Photos
Someone explain this insanity to me
Most photoperiods even started under 12 12 light schedule won't reach sexual maturity until around 30 to 60 days from germination and then will still need another 60 to 80 days to finish flowering. I have finished photoperiods from seed in around 100 days. I have several auto strains that can go over 100 days but they are generally massive plants if grown properly and as far as quality their is no difference between autos and photos if you are willing to except lab tested proven science over those who either can't grow autos or just Bash them because they have little to no experience with growing them. It's all about what works best for you. My personal best yield and most potent indoor flower has come from autos but I still grow both. I still grow autos outdoor as well even though I can pull up to 5 to 6 lbs per plant off from a single photoperiod. Find what fits you best and go with it is the best answer anyone could give here.

but they are generally massive plants if grown properly and as far as quality their is no difference between autos and photos if you are willing to except lab tested proven science over those who either can't grow autos or just Bash them because they have little to no experience with growing them.

Autos are more finicky than photos, that's a fact too. :baked: Where I live, the season is too short for photos, which otherwise do quite well outside with the hot days and cold nights. But no amount of experience is going to make the nights warm enough for autos.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said if you have trouble with autos you don't know what you're doing, I could afford the fees to open my own cannabis farm. :funny:

Autos are more finicky than photos, that's a fact too. :baked: Where I live, the season is too short for photos, which otherwise do quite well outside with the hot days and cold nights. But no amount of experience is going to make the nights warm enough for autos.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said if you have trouble with autos you don't know what you're doing, I could afford the fees to open my own cannabis farm. :funny:
Interesting opinion I guess we both have... I live in Michigan and even now the nights are only getting into the low 50s been in the mid 40s most of the summer and the day Temps are getting into 90s. Experience told me to get a greenhouse for the autos. Just saying... anything is possible if you put your talents to work.

Interesting opinion I guess we both have... I live in Michigan and even now the nights are only getting into the low 50s been in the mid 40s most of the summer and the day Temps are getting into 90s. Experience told me to get a greenhouse for the autos. Just saying... anything is possible if you put your talents to work.
True - but my point is that photos don't require the same treatment and I've learned that through experience. That said, it doesn't necessarily help the cause when someone unhappy with their auto experience is told the reason they're having a bad experience is because they're just not good enough yet. Because there are differences and their complaints are valid.

I know all autos aren't the same - I've had good results with Auto AK Triple Haze, which can handle cold nights without stunting. Possibly because it's based on Lowryder genetics - I don't know....

Back