Can someone explain the 100+ day harvesting for Auto's

Bravogrows

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
The purpose to me for even growing autos is the shorter time and exceptional yield on some of them.

The plant itself clearly change their feeding at the end when harvesting.

Why on gods green earth are people waiting 100, 120 days. Photos finish between 60 and 90 days in flower.
What exactly are you waiting for? Some don't get much amber in the late stage

If Ii had to wait that long on an auto then why would I grow autos? Ridiculous high end genetics for photos, why waste that kind of time when you could have just did Photos
Someone explain this insanity to me

Well, if you don't want to muck about with changing the light schedule or worry about light leaks etc.... Autos are pretty foolproof. Waiting for longer strains is just personal preference. Being able to easily check trichome development with the performance of smartphone cameras and even USB microscopes is great.

That said, there are many many strain that finish in the 60-70 day range. Just pick something faster if that's what you're after

Well, if you don't want to muck about with changing the light schedule or worry about light leaks etc.... Autos are pretty foolproof. Waiting for longer strains is just personal preference. Being able to easily check trichome development with the performance of smartphone cameras and even USB microscopes is great.

That said, there are many many strain that finish in the 60-70 day range. Just pick something faster if that's what you're after
sorry, I was talking about strains that are 70-80 days(breeder notes), and some take those to 100 even 120 days

sorry, I was talking about strains that are 70-80 days(breeder notes), and some take those to 100 even 120 days
Aye, understood. I think those are definitely"optimistic" finish times with perfectly ideal conditions.

I will say I just ran a Twenty20 Triks plant and they state 74-84 days and mine had nicely amber spackled trichomes at 77 days.

Aye, understood. I think those are definitely"optimistic" finish times with perfectly ideal conditions.

I will say I just ran a Twenty20 Triks plant and they state 74-84 days and mine had nicely amber spackled trichomes at 77 days.
I am harvesting all three of my T/20 Bubbletricks girls tomorrow and I am at least 20 days past breeder… I am in soil/peat based media. That may be why. I’ve seen big plants on this forum done in DWC, over a pound.

Currently growing Acapulco Gold auto.

Its over 2 months, and although it has a dozen significant colas, no visible trichromes yet. For sure it will go 120+ days.

The reason this strain, and perhaps some that you refer to take this long is that the original landrace its bred from takes 5-6 months.

I don't think this will go a pound, but I'm sure it will be close to 300+g. I don't really care about the time, or yield though as long as it keeps up with my needs. I'm not a business.

I grow autos because they're short and I have limited height in one grow area. They are also more disease and temperature tolerant.

I grow em so i dont have to buy a tent and worry about intake, exhaust, light leaks, humidity and all that bullshit.... just throw em on a table with some lights overhead and a fan on them. if i have to wait 90+ days im cool with that. Good things come to those who wait...they say. Hg.....

Last edited:
One possibility: they are experimenting. I have heard that once the Trichs mature into amber and beyond that the THC degrades and it becomes more CBN or (and maybe?) CBG… or maybe its just less THC potency at work here from degradation…which is more of a relax or even sedate (to sleep even) kind of usage rather than the psychoactive THC driven ‘high’.
i will fact check when i am less high and more motivated. But those windows make sense for seeing if it needs those extra days to get those desired effects. What if I take this (’x’ no. of) weeks past the recommended harvest window kinda thing.

something to consider

Where do you find seeds that grow one pound of dry weight?

Meph AvT is a good one:

1690548984635.png

Back