Advice Regarding Nugbuckers' Mainlining with Autos

Dantes

New User
Reaction score
Good day mates, I have been growing for over a decade. My last grow was a double disaster. I had changed from Nirvana Seeds to Seed Supreme who was supposed to have better genetics. The whole grow was the slowest I have ever experienced. For some reason I lost three of my photos. I also had a medical patient dependent on me. So I ran the numbers and figured I could add in 3 autos and have everything ready to harvest at the same time. I ordered feminized autoflower seeds from ilgm.com (I Love Growing Marijuana) which I heard had good seeds. To be fair these autos were under a 12/12 light schedule for their entire life. I only pulled 0.6 ounces off of the Bubba Kush and Jack Herer. The Critical Mass CBD only yielded 0.4 ounces. To top it all of 88% of my grow got bud rod and had to be thrown out. This happened because after I cleaned my humidifier before the three days of lights out before harvest, it reset itself from 55% RH to 78% RH. So now as a medical Cannabis user I am in a not so wonderful place.

For my next grow I went back to Nirvana Seeds and purchased Critical, Lemon OG Haze and Northern Lights feminized autoflower seeds. I want to be conservative with this grow as I don't want to pay dispensary prices for a lower quality product that there is a good chance is not as safe as what I grow for myself. For my last two or three grows I started using Nugbuckets' mainlining technique which I really like for its' higher harvest weight and ease of trimming. Here is a link explaining how it works: https://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried mainlining genetics from Nirvana Seeds and if so was it successful.

I plan to start and finish them in a 7 gallon equivalent Air-Pot after reading something on this forum. That being said I feel that I could easily transplant them with minimal shock.

I am planning to run a 20/4 (on/off) schedule during veg and then to switch to a 12/12 schedule during flower. Am I correct that I should cut the lights back during flower with autos? Also I am little confused about when and/if I should change the lights on and off times.

Good day mates, I have been growing for over a decade. My last grow was a double disaster. I had changed from Nirvana Seeds to Seed Supreme who was supposed to have better genetics. The whole grow was the slowest I have ever experienced. For some reason I lost three of my photos. I also had a medical patient dependent on me. So I ran the numbers and figured I could add in 3 autos and have everything ready to harvest at the same time. I ordered feminized autoflower seeds from ilgm.com (I Love Growing Marijuana) which I heard had good seeds. To be fair these autos were under a 12/12 light schedule for their entire life. I only pulled 0.6 ounces off of the Bubba Kush and Jack Herer. The Critical Mass CBD only yielded 0.4 ounces. To top it all of 88% of my grow got bud rod and had to be thrown out. This happened because after I cleaned my humidifier before the three days of lights out before harvest, it reset itself from 55% RH to 78% RH. So now as a medical Cannabis user I am in a not so wonderful place.

For my next grow I went back to Nirvana Seeds and purchased Critical, Lemon OG Haze and Northern Lights feminized autoflower seeds. I want to be conservative with this grow as I don't want to pay dispensary prices for a lower quality product that there is a good chance is not as safe as what I grow for myself. For my last two or three grows I started using Nugbuckets' mainlining technique which I really like for its' higher harvest weight and ease of trimming. Here is a link explaining how it works: https://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried mainlining genetics from Nirvana Seeds and if so was it successful.

I plan to start and finish them in a 7 gallon equivalent Air-Pot after reading something on this forum. That being said I feel that I could easily transplant them with minimal shock.

I am planning to run a 20/4 (on/off) schedule during veg and then to switch to a 12/12 schedule during flower. Am I correct that I should cut the lights back during flower with autos? Also I am little confused about when and/if I should change the lights on and off times.
Are you growing autos and photos together? Autos will flower regardless of light cycle

Are you growing autos and photos together? Autos will flower regardless of light cycle

No Loe400k I am only growing autos in this grow and was not sure if I needed to change the lights on and off times once my girls start to flower. I did hear someone who seemed to know what they were talking about say that plants need some lights out time to 'rest'.

I have become aware recently how important it is to choose the right seed breeder and seed bank. I am hoping that someone in this forum has experience mainlining autos from Nirvana which will allow me to feel comfortable mainlining this grow or perhaps half of it so that I have a good side by side comparison of yields.

No Loe400k I am only growing autos in this grow and was not sure if I needed to change the lights on and off times once my girls start to flower. I did hear someone who seemed to know what they were talking about say that plants need some lights out time to 'rest'.

I have become aware recently how important it is to choose the right seed breeder and seed bank. I am hoping that someone in this forum has experience mainlining autos from Nirvana which will allow me to feel comfortable mainlining this grow or perhaps half of it so that I have a good side by side comparison of yields.

IMO plants do need a rest period.. I run my autos on 24/0 for the first 1-2 weeks then switch to 18/6 till harvest…

Also mainlining auto might not be the best idea IMPO that is too stressful for the short veg period for autos… I have good luck LST and topping but find my bigger yields from auto with un topped plants with minimal training

IMO plants do need a rest period.. I run my autos on 24/0 for the first 1-2 weeks then switch to 18/6 till harvest…

Also mainlining auto might not be the best idea IMPO that is too stressful for the short veg period for autos… I have good luck LST and topping but find my bigger yields from auto with un topped plants with minimal training

Thank you very much Dale's Proper Bud. I will just leave these alone as far as training and following you lighting schedule but will do 20/4 during the first few weeks then switch to 18/6. Now it will just be a matter of enjoying my first full autoflower grow.

Thank you JP1. I followed the link. This is a technique I am familiar with. Per Dale's Proper Bud suggestion I probably will not HST this grow but definitely want to try for my second full autoflower grow.

Hey now that was just my opinion.. some guys do it with great success I just don’t have much experience doing it… I guessing if it was preformed properly and at the right time it could be beneficial but above me ATM:biggrin::d5::goodluck:

Hey now that was just my opinion.. some guys do it with great success I just don’t have much experience doing it… I guessing if it was preformed properly and at the right time it could be beneficial but above me ATM:biggrin::d5::goodluck:

I understood that Dale but after losing 88% of my last grow to bud rot, I considered that I should take a more conservative approach. So I could HST which could cause some serious issues or I could let it grow normally and risk potentially smaller yields.

Back