Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for joining me in first journal and last adventure with autos till my photos are done in the fall.

Ok, a little background on my grow history.

i have done several years of outdoor container grows with unknown genetics (bag seed) with varying success. in order to upgrade i invested in a tent, accessories, light and good genetics. when i read about autos i had to give them a go so here we are. these are autos number 4,5 and 6 for me. the first 2 are finishing up in a week or so (i stunted them big time) and i killed the 3rd by accident:face:. it was my solo cup grow competition entry. so, on to numbers 4,5 and 6...

-Equipment-​
Tent-------------- 32"x32"x63"
Exhaust--------- VanTech 6" fan with charcoal filter
Lights------------ Current: 1 Viparspectra V300 and a Taotronics 60W (i think) UFO
Future: P4 XML2 (within a few days)
Pots-------------- 3 gallon maxx yield pots (generic airpots)
Medium--------- 2 are in a mix of Biobizz light mix, rice hulls and coco coir mix (pots 1 & 2)
from http://wondersoil.com/ and 1 in a Biobizz light mix and rice hulls only mix (Pot 3)
Seeds----------- Pot 1: Fem Northern Lights by Nirvana aka NL3 (Plant 1)
Pot 2: Fem AK48 by Nirvana aka lets just call her WBW (plant 2)
Pot 3: Fem AK48 by Nirvana aka Fatty Kaddy (plant 3)
Nutrients-------- BioBizz Grow, Fish mix, Bloom, Root juice, Top Max, Heaven, Alg-a-Mic
General Hydroponics PH up/down, CaMg
Water------------ mostly Tap (well) water. averages 7.0 PH and dehumidifier water when available
Temps----------- Avg between 65-80 F
Humidity-------- Avg between 40-55 %
Misc tools------- electric timers, PH testers, mini humidifier, mini heater (ceramic forced air) etc...

If i missed anything, please let me know and I'll edit it. Thanks

Ok, with that out of the way I'll overview to where they are today.

Plant 1:
Day 1- 1/19/16 (first full day of being emerged)
Day 7- 1/25/16 fed with .5 liters of nute solution containing 2mL Root Juice, 0.5mL Grow, 0.5 mL Fishmix, 1 mL CaMg
Day 14- 2/1/17 2nd feed with 2 liters of mix at 4ml/L RJ, 2ml/L Grow, 2ml/L FishMix, 1ml/L Top max, 1ml/L Alg-a-Mic, 2ml/L heaven
Day 19- first round of LST

Pictures
IMG_8840.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_9176.jpg
IMG_9432.jpg
IMG_9628.jpg
IMG_9875.jpg
IMG_9942.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0407.jpg

Plant 2:
Day 1- 1/29/17
Day 6- 2/3/17 fed a 0.5 liter solution of 1ml RJ, 1ml Heaven, < 1 ml Fishmix

Pictures
IMG_9763.JPG
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg

Plant 3:
Day 1- 2/217? forgot to record the first full day so this is a best guess
Day3- 2/5/17 very light watering 30 ml of a solution of a few drops of RJ and heaven.

Pictures

IMG_9930.jpg
IMG_0092.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg

well, that's all for now. thanks for reading and if you sign up for the ride, thanks for joining me on a hopefully successful grow.
:pighug:

Peace.
:woody:

Last edited:
thanks for joining everyone.
im gonna follow! i liked your 16oz plant :)
yeah, she was fun. man she went quick on me. mistakes in those small containers are unforgiving.

also, i added pics of plant 3 that i forgot to put in. nothing special, just the usual seedling pics.

What do you think about the rice hulls?

What do you think about the rice hulls?

well, so far i can tell you how easy they are to use. hardly any dust, no washing or rinsing, dirt cheap (i just picked up a 50 lbs bag off amazon for 60 bucks), they don't float to the surface when watering, the become composted over the years, easy to turn into bio char and when used as char they are believed to release Si for the plants. and the lightness of the medium with them is awesome. great drainage and porosity throughout the mix. heres one of many good reads on it http://www.gpnmag.com/article/parboiled-rice-hulls-viable-media-alternative/ and if sustainability and that whole taking care of the earth thing matters ;) its not mined and is compleatly renewable. basically im sold.

Ok, I have to read the article! Already heard part of this before. Thanks a ton

Oh man, more stuff to figure out how to incorporate into the grow. You dont know how much I appreciate the help!

:pass:

Back