Nutrients Advanced nutrients

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I used to grow in coco and got fed up having to PH my water so moved onto soil and use biotabs which has opened my eyes and made growing easier

but I do miss my coco so you can imagine my surprise when I read an article about advanced nutrients ph perfect for coco and that you don't need to PH the feed and me being me I bought the whole range to try.

Everything arrives tomorrow and I'm even going to use fabric pots which I've never used before but my question is doea anyone use advanced nutrients?

If so can you share any hints and tips on dosage etx or is it just a case of follow the chart.

Thanks

I used it once in soil a couple years ago. I would be careful following the chart as the stuff is pretty potent. It's tricky to adjust as you have to mix A then B in equal parts. You can always dilute down with distilled water to get the EC/ppm where you want it.

I believe it works best with RO water. The one thing I do remember is that the pH perfect works but you need to let it sit for a few minutes to level out. I think mine came out quite low, 5.5 or so. It was not the coco specific version.

It may be worth mixing a couple batches and testing so see where the ppm an pH end up. Once you are confident then yes, no more pH testing or adjusting.

Good luck!

I really like there stuff, I've had great results with them. The ph perfect element, really only works with doses over 5ml though but that was in soil. I've actually just moved back to biotabs from AN and can't see me going back now.

I really like there stuff, I've had great results with them. The ph perfect element, really only works with doses over 5ml though but that was in soil. I've actually just moved back to biotabs from AN and can't see me going back now.

Yes, excellent point. I forgot about the dose needing to be high to get the pH effect. If you weren't giving enough, the high 5ml full pop the pH didn't adjust itself as well.

EDIT: St.Tom has almost convinced me to try soil/biotabs too!

Yes, excellent point. I forgot about the dose needing to be high to get the pH effect. If you weren't giving enough, the high 5ml full pop the pH didn't adjust itself as well.

EDIT: St.Tom has almost convinced me to try soil/biotabs too!
Get on the Tabs, that cat @St. Tom knows what's what ;)

Hi all

I used to grow in coco and got fed up having to PH my water so moved onto soil and use biotabs which has opened my eyes and made growing easier

but I do miss my coco so you can imagine my surprise when I read an article about advanced nutrients ph perfect for coco and that you don't need to PH the feed and me being me I bought the whole range to try.

Everything arrives tomorrow and I'm even going to use fabric pots which I've never used before but my question is doea anyone use advanced nutrients?

If so can you share any hints and tips on dosage etx or is it just a case of follow the chart.

Thanks
I use it along with biobizz light mix soil
Handy for not Ph ing feeds

But I only use Bloom part A+B and Overdrive at the end.

Ifs good stuff.
Start on half the recommended dose and see how you get on.

I threw my new pH pen in the bin yesterday as the buffer solutions didn't match up correctly and wasted my time.

As @NORBY says go slow on all nutrients as you don't wanna burn ya plants and mixing and matching lines can leave you scratching your head so go really carefull but I do like biotabs there slow release and can keep your plants really happy for months and I really love them for that also I've got a harvest not far off my coco plants

For >5-6 years now I've mostly used pH Perfect Connoisseur pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom A&B, loosely following TaNg's regimen of pH Perfect Bloom from seed to harvest and sometimes have used the Grow formulation during grow (and seen no difference). I've also used MegaCrop 1 and 2 part products and consider the results comparable.

I'm using pH Perfect Connoisseur Coco Bloom A&B in a few 3-5 gallon AirPots and AC Infinity self-feeding (wicking) pots using 60/40 Canna Coco and perlite with HLG and SpiderFarmer quantum boards. Definitely use, RO water. I haven't checked pH or EC/ppm in years. If using a non-coco formulation, expect to see cal-mag issues as you would feeding most other nutrients (and if any Ca or Mg is needed, I foliar feed, avoid adding salts to the pH Perfect as much as possible).

I suggest don't bother checking pH after mixing. That's irrelevant with pH Perfect, with it working by the nutes being bioavailable over a very wide range of pH. And similarly, don't ever adjust pH. [Just follow AN"s instructions, which never mention pH measurement or adjustment]. As long as you start with RO water; don't add too much salt-based supplements; and your coco or other medium is well-buffered/pH stable, not checking pH shouldn't be a problem.

I start seedlings at 1 mL/L and quickly ramp up to 2.25-2.5 mL/L (vs. AN recommending 4 mL/L) and feed at that rate throughout grow and bloom. I also add other usual supplements throughout the grow.

I'm a lazy grower and pH Perfect Connoisseur pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom works well for me.

Last edited:
Back