Auto Defoliation Myth Test

JSH1973

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Since I started out with 6 main plants and it's a tight squeeze in the tent, 6+2+2 as in 8 plants and 2 clone attempts.
I have allowed myself to play around with LST, FIM, Top, Chop, Mega Crop, Accidental Breaks and Defoliation on some of them, and so far everything has been going very well, no big disasters to report, this led me to try and defoliate the living sh1t out of one of them this morning.... Just to see what happens :biggrin:
Some of the manifolded ones I have seen look fairly naked so there should be chances of survival here as well..... Crosses Fingers
It has plenty LST done, a mega crop or two in there etc...
Let's see if we will bust a myth or confirm it :hothot:

20201111_100106.jpg
20201111_094941.jpg
20201111_094925.jpg

Maybe Im missing something since Im a dumb ass stoner :rofl: But What does defoliating the crap out of one and seeing if it does well within a single plant and technique Prove or bust entire style/Myth?.. Thanks. Lovely plants too.minus the whole overboard thing.I guess Im a litte of a purist in that sense since I do it very differently and get beautiful results.

Maybe Im missing something since Im a dumb ass stoner :rofl: But What does defoliating the crap out of one and seeing if it does well within a single plant and technique Prove or bust entire style/Myth?.. Thanks. Lovely plants too.minus the whole overboard thing.I guess Im a litte of a purist in that sense since I do it very differently and get beautiful results.
It probably doesn't prove much really, before I got started growing I was just reading a lot of conflicting opinions about if you could top/train autos and some people saying not to defoliated excep for once early in veg and once when flower kicks in, it's all individual opinions of course and maybe some have luck, others don't, now I get to see for myself and sharing the experience :vibe:

Word! Yeah,Ive seen a lot over the years and depending how its done,genetics.any lst should ideally minimize a lot of heavy defoliating styles.Seen it done well and your plants look healthy too so they look like they'll do nicely tbh. Just curious is whatcha were doing,thanks man and happy harvesting :pass:

Word! Yeah,Ive seen a lot over the years and depending how its done,genetics.any lst should ideally minimize a lot of heavy defoliating styles.Seen it done well and your plants look healthy too so they look like they'll do nicely tbh. Just curious is whatcha were doing,thanks man and happy harvesting :pass:
Just experimenting really, it's my first grow and I started more plants than I should have, just in case I would accidently kill a few :biggrin:

LOL! You just can't make a blanket statement like that and expect to be taken seriously. Not with this group!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How about this. In my never to be humble opinion and my limited six years experience with growing autoflowers, it's a myth.
Sorry I don't know how to add the funny figures or abbreviations. I'm an old.

Attachments

• Hieroglyphics.png
    Hieroglyphics.png
    277 KB · Views: 291
Back