Dutch Passion AutoLowRyders "Sativa Passion"

AutoLowRyder

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
For the first time in ages, i thought i would grow out some Automatic Sativa (Doms)............. as i haven't done an auto in 4yr or more. As i have grown the DesFran fem before, i couldn't resist a go at the new auto version. To go with the DesFran, i chose the Auto Daiquiri Lime & Think Different, all aromatic automatic..

Specs as allways are simple;

Lights LED's 17,000 to 28,000 lux @canopy
Gold label special mix (Grow medium), in
15ltr Autopots, Trays, and valves, (Pots, 4no Wicks In Each, Suspended Over AutoTray Res)

Nutrients;
Veg = Gold label Soil A&B Ph down = Nitric Acid
Flower= GreenAir "Genesis Mush" Microbase, Microbloom, & canna Pk13/14, Bioheaven bud booster, Palm Tree Ashes, top Dressing. Ph down = Phosphoric Acid

Water;
Rainwater, 10micron filtered, warmed to 2c above root temp (In Room) at 20c -21c. So fed at 23c. before feeding and making up nutrient NPK profile, it is aerated, o2 / co2 / nitrogen saturated (Gassed, using aeration with ceramic air stones, on super silent haliea 9070 air pump.

The 25ltr reservoir,, "Fermentation Bucket", is filled with rainwater, aerated and prepared as above, with 20ltrs of rainwater, then as rainwater is zero Ec.............. i buffer that 20ltrs, with 5ltrs of hard tap water, calcium carbonate saturated, 'Hard" tap water, with and Ec of 0.3 = 250ppm TDS................ this 5ltrs, added to 20ltrs of rainwater, buffers the rainwater, and add, alkaline calcium carbonate & chloride and sodium salts, essential to plant growth............. not found in rainwater..... So my starting Ec is 0.3 + nute Ec.

These where hatched in 5ltr clingfilm covered pots, selected @Wk2-3, then potted on to the 15ltr bottom wicked, autopots. 100% hatch rate from the 3 strains..............

They are at wk 10, 70 days from first wetting the seeds........... Ph of genesis bloom flower feed @day70 = 0.8 = tap = total Ec1.1 Ph'ed to 6.9 to 7.1..... the 10 day flush will start soon, as full ripeness is approaching......

DesFran Automatic; not ripe yet.
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

Below in the middle is the DesFran "Daquiri Lime" pheno red DF perps
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg

Daiquiri Limes
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

Think Different, both pheno's...
IMG_0009.jpg

Just love this jardin;....... "Shinto View"
shinto gdn.JPG

Will drop back with harvest pics, and weights..................... ALR

For the first time in ages, i thought i would grow out some Automatic Sativa (Doms)............. as i haven't done an auto in 4yr or more. As i have grown the DesFran fem before, i couldn't resist a go at the new auto version. To go with the DesFran, i chose the Auto Daiquiri Lime & Think Different, all aromatic automatic..

Specs as allways are simple;

Lights LED's 17,000 to 28,000 lux @canopy
Gold label special mix (Grow medium), in
15ltr Autopots, Trays, and valves, (Pots, 4no Wicks In Each, Suspended Over AutoTray Res)

Nutrients;
Veg = Gold label Soil A&B Ph down = Nitric Acid
Flower= GreenAir "Genesis Mush" Microbase, Microbloom, & canna Pk13/14, Bioheaven bud booster, Palm Tree Ashes, top Dressing. Ph down = Phosphoric Acid

Water;
Rainwater, 10micron filtered, warmed to 2c above root temp (In Room) at 20c -21c. So fed at 23c. before feeding and making up nutrient NPK profile, it is aerated, o2 / co2 / nitrogen saturated (Gassed, using aeration with ceramic air stones, on super silent haliea 9070 air pump.

The 25ltr reservoir,, "Fermentation Bucket", is filled with rainwater, aerated and prepared as above, with 20ltrs of rainwater, then as rainwater is zero Ec.............. i buffer that 20ltrs, with 5ltrs of hard tap water, calcium carbonate saturated, 'Hard" tap water, with and Ec of 0.3 = 250ppm TDS................ this 5ltrs, added to 20ltrs of rainwater, buffers the rainwater, and add, alkaline calcium carbonate & chloride and sodium salts, essential to plant growth............. not found in rainwater..... So my starting Ec is 0.3 + nute Ec.

These where hatched in 5ltr clingfilm covered pots, selected @Wk2-3, then potted on to the 15ltr bottom wicked, autopots. 100% hatch rate from the 3 strains..............

They are at wk 10, 70 days from first wetting the seeds........... Ph of genesis bloom flower feed @day70 = 0.8 = tap = total Ec1.1 Ph'ed to 6.9 to 7.1..... the 10 day flush will start soon, as full ripeness is approaching......

DesFran Automatic; not ripe yet.
View attachment 1026402 View attachment 1026403
Below in the middle is the DesFran "Daquiri Lime" pheno red DF perps View attachment 1026404 View attachment 1026405

Daiquiri Limes
View attachment 1026407 View attachment 1026409 View attachment 1026408

Think Different, both pheno's...
View attachment 1026410
Just love this jardin;....... "Shinto View"
View attachment 1026411
Will drop back with harvest pics, and weights..................... ALR
Very nice dude. They look great. Your in for an awesome harvest

They look great. Your in for an awesome harvest

Thanks grim, they are coming along ok..................... the "Think Different", is very different ! from the one i did, 4-5yr ago................... she was like the auto'd where then, full height was 90-100cm........... and very bushy, without topping etc........................ now the pheno's have gone to 110cm !!.................. nothing at all like the first TD i did....................

The DF auto, though, in this grow dose conform to that size................. this double pair are short and bushy........... the DF auto though is new, and still shows the short stuff from the early outcomes from the new cross, DesFran x Daiquiri Lime = DF auto !!............ am looking forward to the DF the most of the 3 strains................ untill i get the TD on her own !!................. i wont know if she is similar in terpen aroma, as the earlier TD i did a few years back................ not long after the TD launch..................... stunning plant she was....................... ALR

Great work ALR...A pro! I love how the DesFan looks! Nice red bud...I smoked only one time red bud in my life....never seen it again...still remember it... :)

Its a 15 week auto so it must be a hitter!

Definetely going in my tent next round :thumbsup:

Last edited:
:woohoo: :pighug: :woohoo: Oh man, you just made my week ALR mate! :bow: :drool: .... Desfran has been swimming in my head for like 3 years now, first read had me drooling over her aromatics description and pics at the DP site... :clapper: ... I LOVE me some powerful Sativa dom's, and I have been considering risking a grow of the photo here outdoors, but hesitated because of her (potentially?) long bloom time and my Fall conditions... Looking at Destroyer and her long bloom time, I balked at trying knowing how pheno's can be... By Oct. it's getting pretty cool at night, days can be nice though,.. odd sporadic rain and/or high RH% conditions can happen...
A while back me and a friend here were pining for an auto version of her, and now here it is! :yay:... Actually, I saw CannaBioGen's version first,... I gather it was DP that made it for them?
Some confusion here, I'm hoping you may be able to clear up! CBG says Destroyer photo' takes 12-14 weeks in bloom, DP's Desfran 9-10,... but DP's auto DF is 15 weeks(? whoa!) and CBG's auto version takes about 10 weeks.... Something of an odd disparity here- :rofl: ... That said clearly your DFa's are going to be done well before this, about week 11? Have DP and CBG developed such strongly different lines of DF/Destroyer from each other? I'm curious about why for each breeder, the bloom times and auto life cycle times are so different and opposite of each other,... If DF photo' really is about 9+ weeks in bloom, she is worth the risk, barring poor mold resistance... botrytis is my [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] harvest enemy here! I'm hoping her Sativa heritage lends her good mold resistance...
:drool: can't... stop....eye-humping the buds,... :hump: :crying: -- they look pretty solid and very very resinous! How close to the photo's aroma is the auto version, with the right luck on phenotype? I see you mention that Daqui' Lime was the auto "donor" parent... I have beans of that, but not been able to run it just yet, bit here it's fabulous! Your's are beauties....:spels:
.... is it me, or do I see a little purple-red blush in the DFa buds? yuuuuuummmm.....
TD is lovely too mate, I ran Think Fast two seasons ago and loved it! I would love to see more auto-photo' F1 crosses from DP.... I've had nice results from Sweets F1FV line, Green Poison in particular....:greenthumb:-- stunning bloom speed, under 5 weeks outside for me every time!

I'm hoping you may be able to clear up! CBG says Destroyer photo' takes 12-14 weeks in bloom, DP's Desfran 9-10,... but DP's auto DF is 15 weeks(? whoa!) and CBG's auto version takes about 10 weeks....

As there is the Meow Thai in both the CBG & DP Df's........

DP gene line
Strain Lineage / Genealogy
CBG gene line
in Lineage / Genealogy
The "Meow Thai" pheno & geno, can turn up in about 40 to 50% of the beans............... from DesFran experience i can say.........if the meow pheno turns up, you are looking 12-15wks in 12/12 with a fem........... the auto DF from Dutch Passion i just did in 78 days = 11-12wks.........and i like em ripe, so could have chopped 2wks ago................ i have never done the CBG Destroyer x Destroyer, as hospitalization is a bit off putting !!...................... only kidding i would never drive on either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the amount of trichome on the destroy x destroy = 92 trichomes per mm2................. looks like "Hyper Pistillation" snow............... i can say, here and now, the "DesFran" from "Alberto" in Argentina (South America's), is the most potent 'Delta 9" i have ever combusted....... the aroma is, like nothing else.... the trouble is...........................

in a grow, you put say 4 down, and by wk3 of flower not before, you relize two or 3 of the 4 plants are the "meow" pheno.................... and one the "Mex Oaxaca"................. do you wait for 16wks of flower for the meow ? or pull em in favor of the Oaxaca pheno done in 12wks of flower in 12/12......... plus 5wks veg gives 17wks for the oaxaca and 21wks overall for the meow pheno.................... i have never finished a meow thia pheno !!!!!!!.................... it is the mental part of the cross the meow.......... !! i allways pull the meow when "identified" wk4 of flower............ if meow its pulled at wk 9 overall

originally a 3-way crossing of Mexican Oaxaca, Colombian Punto Rojo and Meao Thai, the CBG destroy x destroy = 92 trichomes per mm2................. looks like "Hyper Pistillation" snow.... 28% THCv on the chrome, thats one 3rd weight is pure trich !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
upload_2019-3-15_14-58-31.jpeg

(Tip) The "Seedfinder.eu" global seedbank.......(Cracking bean Spot)............. rates the CBG item at 9.87 out of 10, the DP DesFran is rated 6 out of 10, seedfinder CBG destroyer right up below;............ + votes, they say "Often" (Insane High)................. yep can vouch for that ok..

Flowering Time Indoor: 77 - 97 days (~87 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is insane high and absolutely top yields.
General Impression Indoor: is all together insane strain - absolutely recommendable.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed insane strong and very long lasting.
Votings of our users: Destroyer gets 9.83 of 10 possible Points in the average!

How close to the photo's aroma is the auto version, with the right luck on phenotype? I see you mention that Daqui' Lime was the auto "donor" parent...

the auto has the USA genetics "Daiquiri Lime" in so it's pheno dependent................... the DL in the DF is 40% outcome on pheno type in the bean genetic spread of variance in the "Homozygote" pheno carried so you got a 60% chance of the "Oaxaca" gene popping up in the terp range !!!........ in other words a best result pheno in 10wks flower & best terpen values............. in both the DP DesFran & CBG Destroyer....... ALR

Last edited:
:passit: Good Sunday to you ALR....:toke: ...Thank you sharing this info! I figured this strain is simply crushing in potency between the sheer THC content and the power the terp' profile adds in... So, I gather DP has worked the original Destroyer to their preferences, the Oaxaca pheno' side, and with that comes some speed.... I've read that Meao Thai is a difficult strain to tame, expresses itself strongly in crosses even through successive generations? = Stubborn! :rofl: ...... Looks like if I try her it's about a 50/50 coin-toss that I get the desired pheno',... That is key info to know mate, I will have to wait for better circumstances to run her, since where I grow now is limiting in both weather conditions, plant count and time spent on any given grow,... But I will try her! That Oaxaca pheno' will likely be fast enough,...How is her resistance to mold, and cool conditions?
I managed to get a couple Acapulco Gold's (Barneys) to finish, barely, and lost a younger 3rd one to mold.... Two very different pheno's though, not impressed with Barney's pheno' isolation breeding... Both were very good though! My favorite was the more bushy, lean budded pheno'; she had a sweet floral/banana bubblegum aroma, a nice uplifting happy buzz,.. her sister grew much more hybrid in structure, fatter leaf fingers, denser bud, and had sharp metallic/citrus aroma with some floral overlap with the other,... that one was like bad biker crank for weeks after drying! :eek1::coffee:- super speedy, high BP, heart racing :nono:...took 6+ weeks of cure to settle out some of the jitters, though in truth she did come in a bit early in ripeness which I know is part of the problem....
:biggrin: trichome density is amazing, huh! That pic says it all, almost no green visible!

OK, now for the auto's,... Do you know (or can you say maybe- :eyebrows:) if the DP line is bred differently than the one they did for CBG? I'm again trying to account for the finish time differences,... or are they based on what the most likely pheno' to show is for finish time?

UPDATE; Final harvest pics;

I let these go a bit further down the Autumn ripeness trail......... allowing more of the mobile nute to be converted into the last gasp trichome production. The Auto DesFran is at least 30% pure trich load........ the daiquiri lime is also a good loader in Autumn !!.............. Final flushing Ph7.2@24c water, thats zero Ec "Rainwater"@24c.... final nute Ec was 0.9........ and 27,000lux@canopy......

Harvest day Pictures day 82, after 8 day, zero Ec Ph7.2 rainwater flushing, then 4 days drying out no water, lights on 18/6........... to dry root out, de-hydrate flowers, raising terp (VOc's) values ............... this is when pics where taken, post 4 day pot drying lights on.

Auto DesFran
IMG_0053.jpg
South American Sativa Candy Stick !
IMG_0080.jpg

Auto Daiquiri Lime
IMG_0058.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg

Auto Think Different
IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0060.jpg

Although i put a couple more auto's in, in case the outcome didant weigh in the same as the fems i usually do @115days.................these where done in 80, 35days mealier, and weighed in 289g above my fems !!.............. the DesFran Auto, with the daiquiri influence, came out with an aroma, that is 100% 'Violet Purple Sweets" aroma........ a complex violet aroma, DF delish relish on the tongue..... dose not disappoint.........

The Dak Lime is nice and full & fruity, with citrus punch at full Autumn ripeness, the TD tink diff............ is a legendary flavone.......... an allrounder, fruit and sweet overtones............... as good as the last time i grew her, 4yr back............ no deff's where encountered, during veg to flower Ph transitions............. all drank well, right upto flush..............

Accordingly, i did get a DesFran purple daiquiri pheno, jumbo colas in my (Un-Topped) auto DF outcome............ was the first to finish too........... a trouble free grow again from Dutch Passions seed bank............. total plant average = total plant number divided by dry yield = 3.38z mean, modal was 3.9z .................. cant complain, i'll be doing auto's again this run, Lemon Zkittle + DesFran + the staggering "StarRyder", with it's legendary isis maternal sativa influences ........Thx for looking in on the grow ALR

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
i'll be doing auto's again this run, Lemon Zkittle + DesFran + the staggering "StarRyder",

As the forecast is for a second sweltering summer, with temps hitting 35c again, i have decided to do me fems, as i need the lights "OFF" at 6am. rather than midday as with Auto's on permanent 18/6, which will mean a 3hr temp serge as the light pattern approaches the midday outdoor high temps, period, to midday when the lights go off at 12 midday........... as at temps above 34c............ even with the flow ratio calibrated correctly over the carbon filter carbon surface area,............. aroma overflow at high temps, with the new smaller carbon filters, on the Australian 412 carbon, = smaller built filters ??................... stink can by-pass the carbon filter at high temps...........with matching low "RH", which is linear to temperature increase.

my set up was created to allow for this, my fan is 580m3/Hr extract......... so i set my carbon filter capacity at 1350m3/hr on the air intake side 1.2m long 200mm neck size filter, on the output of the fan side on a junction forming "Y" duct piece, two more carbon filters are connected @350m3/hr each = 1350m3 + 700m3 = 2050m3/hr capacity on a 580m3/hr extract fan....................... 3yrs on from them being new, so 9 grows later, @33c............... a mild canna stink, canna aroma was smelt at 30c to 33c..................RH was low at 30% as expected with the high room temp in winter.

As i needed to keep the root ball temp at 23-24c........... room temp was elevated in winter to keep the root temp up........ so after 9 grows x 100 days each grow = 900 days = just 2.4yrs, 2050m3 filter capacity was 'Filled"............... the micro cintered carbon pores in the carbon in the filter wall 48mm thick bed, 'Where" FULL !!!............... so at a normal matching of filter to fan,................ no way will it last 3yr at 3 grows per year...................... remember to check the output side of your carbon filter fan combi !!.......... it may be overflowing aroma's.............you may not be aware of............ how long as your filter been in service so far ???.............ALR

Back