Auto Seeds AutoSeeds 2019 Final Leg - (Only1Sky)

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
This will be my Official Grow Journal for the "Final Leg - 2019" Autoseeds Battle.
Thanks @Autoseeds.com for supplying Berry Ryder seeds for this grow. To ensure my participation in this final contest, I'm also trying to germinate the last of my AutoSeeds stock which includes 1 each of Purple Stilton, Sucker Punch and Chemdog.

My kit for this grow is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans
Analog humidifier with Inkbird Controller
Medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings

Lights: Cobshop COBs, the tent has four 3500k lights and one 2700k light
Container: AutoPots
Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients

Last edited:
Have a great Grow!

I'll step through my pathetic germination phase in this single post. I jumped on the pre-germ date by dropping two Berry Ryders and my last Sucker Punch seed.

0.Drop AutoSeeds  a.JPG

Sucker Punch never cracked, so end of story there. One Berry Ryder did, and so went into a starter plug, and one didn't. So I dropped a 3rd Berry Ryder on Aug 26th. After a couple of more days it seemed pretty obvious that the 1st Berry Ryder in the starter plug was never going to show. So I dropped a 4th Berry Ryder on the 29th of August.

6.Berry (0) re-drop.JPG
9.Berry drop.JPG

Started to get real nervous. I so want to be in this competition. I reached for my final Berry Ryder seed, and my last Purple Stilton seed and dropped them on Sept 1.

12.AutoSeed Final Drop a.JPG
12.AutoSeed Final Drop b.JPG

Then, scrapping the barrel of my seed inventory, I discovered a lone Chemdog seed from my very first grow back in Jan 2017. So in she went on Sept 2:

13.Chemdog (0).JPG

Ok, so that was all and the end of my AutoSeeds seeds. And here's what we got. Berry Ryders [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] and [HASHTAG]#5[/HASHTAG] popped. And a couple of days later we got Chemdog & Purple Stilton. :woohoo1:

15.AS BR1.JPG
15.AS BR2.JPG
18.AS plants.JPG

Nicely done sir. 2 year old seeds in the dirt and happy, now that's what i'm talking about!

Day 8 for the Berry Ryders and day 6 for Stilton and Chemdog. The problem is ... the Purple Stilton has been above ground for 6 days, but has not opened her first real leaves ???
23.AutoSeeds grp.JPG

23.AS PS (6).JPG

Alright, now its been 9 days ... Chemdog is working on her 3rd set of true leaves whereas Purple Stilton is still just showing the cotyledons. This can't be good.
26.AS.PS (9).JPG
26.AS.CD (9).JPG

The two Berry Ryders, at 11 days, are coming along as to be expected.

26.AS.BR1 (11).JPG
26.AS.BR2 (11).JPG

That is very interesting. We know from experience that Purple Stilton likes to put her legs down early, which may account for some of it, however 9 days would be extreme. Can you take a close up of the cotelydons, in particular, is the formation point between the leaves showing at all?

@Autoseeds.com - here's a few shots of the Purple Stilton at 10 days above ground. I don't know how to interpret what we're seeing ... or NOT seeing. :shrug:

27.AS.PS (10) a.JPG
27.AS.PS (10) b.jpg
27.AS.PS (10) c.jpg
27.AS.PS (10) d.jpg

The leaf site is exposed and the very tips are visible which is a good sign. watch her closely for a couple of days, as long as there is no browning of the leaf tips you should be good. It is weird though....

Back