Babylon Burning Select Test Grow.

Main tent about ready to put together. Soil bought and waiting.
IMG20240217065420.jpg

Just waiting on the seedlings to get big enough.
IMG20240217065445.jpg

Seem a tad small for 16 days but oh well.

Yes they're small for that age. Ide be topping some plants by then.(day 14-21 no later) Not something I see with the genetics, usually. Maybe in the winter. Are they in cooler conditions? What medium do you start your seeds in?
Might be something going on. I recommend against growing autos In a cup, or anything you need to transplant from. Also no less than 3-5 gallon containers. Unless you want smaller, lower yielding plants. Autos will flower/finish faster in smaller containers, and veg longer in larger containers. I've had Peach Martini/Chem-Mosa veg as long as 7 weeks, while the roots absolutely filled 15 gallons of coco.

Ide use those biodegradable cups, rapid rooters, peat pucks, etc to get seeds started, then plant (or plant directly into) the final container. Within a week for best results. You only have a few weeks to develop those roots, and that will hold them back, possibly even stunting the plants, from transplant shock. I'm sure you know that can happen. IME when it doesn't stunt them, it can still cost some yield. So I avoid that

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the cooler temps myself. I had to start em up in solo's with HF soil as my tent wasn't quite done yet. I normally use the medium plastic ( 3 gal I think ) auto pots and plant directly after germing in shot glasses. Between being on the north end of 60+, the joint pain and lower back issues, taking care of wife, dogs and house hold chores etc. sometimes my hobby is pushed to the side. Not blaming the genetics at all as they look healthy as hell and germed quickly. Got the pots ready, soil bought already and I should get em placed in a few days into the main tent.

Right on. It happens sometimes. What type of yields do you usually get from autos in the autopot 3 gals? Those can grow some big plants, I've seen. Haven't used them yet. Eventually I will have to try them!
Depends on what I'm running mostly.....smaller plants I use 6 pots, larger ones I go 4 or 5. One 5 pot run I got just over 1lb 3 oz. But for the most part I've averaged about 2 /3 oz per plant when I'm not screwing around. The last 10 months of 23 I was experimenting with off the shelf Osmocoare + and reusing the same soil, and almost exclusively plain water but the last run did show more problems with the plants so I ended the experiment. At about 13 bucks a bottle I spent about 20 bucks on nutes in that 10 month period.
It's nice to be in a spot where I really don't worry about yield or sourcing seeds. Since learning how to reverse and pollenate I have so many of my GT crosses I only buy when an outstanding one comes around or to showcase someone's work.

Back