New Grower Back at it with Coco: Night Owl, Mephisto, Twenty20, Berserker

Day 39
  • A little update. Right now I’m feeding the plants 50% veg 50% bloom nutes. I had to buy a new 4x2 because there was zero chance all 6 plants would have fit in the 4x4.
    The fugue state is about eye level with me (I’m 5’10) and its leaves have been getting fried because it’s so close to the lights. I should super crop but I’ve been lazy. No LST or topping either. Just moderate defoliation and a conservative lollipopping.

The canopy: fugue state top left. Durban top right. Queens banner bot left and the (CDLC x SS )x CDLC bot right.

IMG_1264.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

The CDLCxSSxCDLC
    IMG_1233.jpeg

Queens banner below
    IMG_1234.jpeg

Last edited:
    Day 54
  • Based on my experiences from my last grow, I did not expect my plants to get this large. I had to raise my lights so that they’re directly attached to the hangers on my 80 inch tent. I'm feeding them ~500ppm of Dyna-Gro Bloom and Mag-Pro nutes at the moment along with CaliMagic, and occasionally Pro-Tekt silica which I only use at this point as my PH up.

I sort of have the feeling I'm doing something wrong that's causing this excess stretch. I don't think it's the light intensity, since I have been pretty attentive to my DLI. Perhaps my environment is too hot? It gets close to 80 F on some days. The humidity is consistently around 65-70%. Or maybe everything is going well and they're just going to be massive plants. *Shrugs* We'll see.

I had to get a new 4x2 tent because the plants quickly outgrew my tent. I don't know why I thought I could fit 6 plants into a 4x4. The plants are under sub-optimal lighting because my 400 watt bar light is in my 4x4, and my 200 watt board lights are in my 4x2.

DLI is about 60 at the top of the canopy in my 4x4, but I can't really do much about it. The lights are on the second lowest setting at 40% intensity and the tops of my plants are just too close to lights for me to make big adjustments. I can't raise the lights any higher up and I already had to move my carbon filter outside of my tent.

The 2 Berserker plants - BB3xMOG and GDBxDJ, and the Twenty20 Durban Sunrise are all a little slower to develop. They just seem to be nearing the end of their stretch (thankfully). I'm anticipating that those three are going to be ~100 or 100+ day plants. Hopefully they'll be finished before my vacation on August 25th.

This was a super low maintenance grow and bottom watering makes everything so much easier. If all goes well, I’ll write up a detailed account of exactly what I did to serve as a guide of sorts for others.

Fugue State. 60 plus inches tall…after I super cropped it.
    IMG_1402.jpeg

Queens Banner ~53 inches tall
    IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

Berserker GDBxDark Jedi - 2 gallon pot
    I took this photo yesterday, and you can sort of see that it's distinctly shorter than the Fugue State. Well...I checked this afternoon and its now about the exact same height as the Fugue State.
    IMG_1407.jpeg

(CDLCxSS)xCDLC last week when I measured her, she was about 44 inches tall.
    IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

Fugue state bud

IMG_1377.jpeg

berserker BB3xMarathon on the left. I dropped a fan on her last week and a few of her branches had to go. Twenty 20 Durban Sunrise on the right. Both had to be super cropped to fit inside my new 60 inch tall 4x2
    IMG_1382.jpeg

Last edited:
    Back