Best strain for pain?

My body hurts so bad
It’s an individual quest, but start with afghani genetics. Gnome Automatics Anvil or Coal Miner’s Daughter contain 5 afghani cultivars.

Thanks man
Some cultivars that work for me
1: Anvil , Gnome Automatics
2: CMD , same
3: 24Ct , Mephisto
4: Blue Microverse, Night Owl seeds
All the above carry dragon genetics, a deeper stone.

I am a pain patient.
Generally, heavy indicas work best for me, though there are some sativas like Super Silver Haze that do the trick.

Others suggest starting with Afghani strains, and I totally agree.

Some seedbanks wont list medical symptoms. When you browse seedbanks look for "heavy" "body buzz" "couchlock" "sedative" "narcotic" etc. in the descriptions.

Leafly has some info about symptoms.

The good news is there is medicine out there that works for you. The other news is that everyone is different and you will have to experiment.

Sage advice: At the beginning, I grew some that were fun but didn’t tame my symptoms, I ended up giving a lot of it away. Lesson learned. Now I make sure that I grow a good stash of tried and true strains before I commit to growing an unfamiliar strain.

Ie I have about 9 oz of good strains, enough to last me 2 grow cycles, and now I am taking a chance on a new one. Granted, this new one has Afghani roots and there is a strong chance it will work for me.

Some indicas that worked for well for me include Night Queen, Blackberry Kush, Pink Kush, Death Bubba, Mazar, LSD, Blueberry (indica) and a few sativas Liberty Haze, Blue Dream, Ghost Train, Amnesia, Super Silver Haze.

But your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Last edited:
There's a few of us here who let plants mature till mostly or ALL trics are orange. That, my friends, has been my only pain med through multiple surgeries. Find some strain with dragon genetics from our old friend Stone.

BTW, some Barneys and Heavyweight THC strains have a bit of CBD, like between 1.5 and 3% or so. Like "old school" weed was back in the day.

You will find that CBD has been bred out of most modern strains because it isnt psychoactive. Some people get better results if there is a bit of CBD.

You can always grow or buy some cbd flower to blend in, if desired. I sometimes do this to make motivating sativas more less edgy and better for pain. .

Back