blue

gRobot
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I loaned my kit out to a friend who had never grown before. I germed 2 Bloody Skunk seeds for him and gave him instruction on feeding.

80 days later we had 2 phenotypes ready to harvest - One purple, One Green.

They are both quite different in appearance, smell and taste - but both top shelf!

SeedBank : Sweet Seeds

Strain: Bloody Skunk

Did it autoflower?: Yes

Soil/hydro: Canna Coco Pro Plus

Nutes:
Canna: Rhizotonic, CocoA&B, Boost.
Dutchpro: Explode
Bloom: Calmag (not great)

Light (kind and schedule): 1 Grownorther MS006 on 20/4

From seed to harvest date: 80 days

Dry Yield: About 5 - 6 ounces between 2 plants. (2 big jars, 2 medium jars)

High/Effect Duration: Initiall head rush while smoking, developes to a nice all round mellow stone - tapers off at about 2 hours.

In-depth: They're both a little different. The Green Pheno smells very Limoncella and kind of Churchy Spice, it tastes of it too. The Purple pheno doesnt really have much lemon in there and just a little of the spice, but closer to a sweet kushy taste that almost reminds me of black cream (but very different!)

I find the purple to be better in a spliff and i like to vape the green pheno (it tastes lovely in a vape)

RATE SCALE: * bad to *****good

BAG APPEAL: ****

Description: Purple buds are always alluring, the green looks iike high end commercial.

THE GROWTH: *****

Description: It was grown by a new grower who made some whopping mistakes lol including adding over double the amount of PK(explode) when he misunderstood the instructions! With that in mind - i would say the growth was awesome!

THE SMELL: ***

Description: I've marked this one down a bit! The lemon is a bit off putting for me, and the purple has a strange mix of scents - I can almost smell the skunk in it when i pull the buds appart, but the smell doesnt make me scream "yes!!"

THE SMOKE: ****

Description: The smoke is great! Tasty purple in a joint, and nice green in a vape!

THE HIGH: ****

Description Its a nice high - not crushing, although by the end of a joint, i know i've smoked enough! It wont stop you doing anything (unless you're a chainsaw juggler by profession ... ) but it does exactly what it is supposed to!

Disclaimer: I'm probably being a little harsh becuase i've sampled lots of the sweet seeds plants and i've got my favourites. If you haven't tried a sweetseeds strain before - do it! You wont be disappointed!!!

THE TASTE: ****

Description. It tastes (silly to say) sweet! Nice and a little floral without too much "dank" or "coffee"

Overall. Its a 4 out of 5 for me .. still banging, but i've been spoiled by the sweet seeds team! :)

Pictures (First time grower!!)

Purple
blue-albums-sweet-seeds-bloody-skunk-new-grower-picture439350-bspurple2.jpg

Green
blue-albums-sweet-seeds-bloody-skunk-new-grower-picture439348-bsgreen2.jpg

Next up: Everyones been talking about sweet trainwreck ... so sweet trainwreck it is! ^_^

Hi Guys,

I loaned my kit out to a friend who had never grown before. I germed 2 Bloody Skunk seeds for him and gave him instruction on feeding.

80 days later we had 2 phenotypes ready to harvest - One purple, One Green.

They are both quite different in appearance, smell and taste - but both top shelf!

SeedBank : Sweet Seeds

Strain: Bloody Skunk

Did it autoflower?: Yes

Soil/hydro: Canna Coco Pro Plus

Nutes:
Canna: Rhizotonic, CocoA&B, Boost.
Dutchpro: Explode
Bloom: Calmag (not great)

Light (kind and schedule): 1 Grownorther MS006 on 20/4

From seed to harvest date: 80 days

Dry Yield: About 5 - 6 ounces between 2 plants. (2 big jars, 2 medium jars)

High/Effect Duration: Initiall head rush while smoking, developes to a nice all round mellow stone - tapers off at about 2 hours.

In-depth: They're both a little different. The Green Pheno smells very Limoncella and kind of Churchy Spice, it tastes of it too. The Purple pheno doesnt really have much lemon in there and just a little of the spice, but closer to a sweet kushy taste that almost reminds me of black cream (but very different!)

I find the purple to be better in a spliff and i like to vape the green pheno (it tastes lovely in a vape)

RATE SCALE: * bad to *****good

BAG APPEAL: ****

Description: Purple buds are always alluring, the green looks iike high end commercial.

THE GROWTH: *****

Description: It was grown by a new grower who made some whopping mistakes lol including adding over double the amount of PK(explode) when he misunderstood the instructions! With that in mind - i would say the growth was awesome!

THE SMELL: ***

Description: I've marked this one down a bit! The lemon is a bit off putting for me, and the purple has a strange mix of scents - I can almost smell the skunk in it when i pull the buds appart, but the smell doesnt make me scream "yes!!"

THE SMOKE: ****

Description: The smoke is great! Tasty purple in a joint, and nice green in a vape!

THE HIGH: ****

Description Its a nice high - not crushing, although by the end of a joint, i know i've smoked enough! It wont stop you doing anything (unless you're a chainsaw juggler by profession ... ) but it does exactly what it is supposed to!

Disclaimer: I'm probably being a little harsh becuase i've sampled lots of the sweet seeds plants and i've got my favourites. If you haven't tried a sweetseeds strain before - do it! You wont be disappointed!!!

THE TASTE: ****

Description. It tastes (silly to say) sweet! Nice and a little floral without too much "dank" or "coffee"

Overall. Its a 4 out of 5 for me .. still banging, but i've been spoiled by the sweet seeds team! :)

Pictures (First time grower!!)

Purple

Green

Next up: Everyones been talking about sweet trainwreck ... so sweet trainwreck it is! ^_^

Great report Blue! Looking forward to your Trainwreck grow! I've got 3 Sweet Trainwreck that just sprouted!

:slap:

Cheers Pops :d5:

Looks like we're all aboard the sweet train!! :) I'll be looking out for your grow!

Sniper (or was it rebel) finished one recently and has been singing it's praises!!

Up next for me also :grin:
WOW ...A three ring circus going on soon LOL.

Amazing report Blue. Im loving the the description for both phenos. Two of my buddys grew out the Dark Devil recently and both got the different phenos.

Hi Blue, thanks for a terrific report! That is a strain that I will strongly consider. I have just started my first indoor with coco and use excellent journals such as yours as a guide. As soon as things start popping I will start a journal.

Cheers Pops :d5:

Looks like we're all aboard the sweet train!! :) I'll be looking out for your grow!

Sniper (or was it rebel) finished one recently and has been singing it's praises!!

Who needs other strains when we have Sweet and Mephisto!

Excellent report Blue. I have gotten some sweet skunk auto as a freebie it was not overly huge but the high was outstanding

Got some coming my way,can't wait! Great Review,mad props-Sweet Seeds in the House it seems to be!!! [HASHTAG]#KaBooom[/HASHTAG]

Back