Dutch Passion Bob's Dutch Passion Grow - Auto Night Queen and Auto White Widow do Karel's BioTabs...

Hey Bob, what a nice start to your grow journal! :cooldance:

Obviously we will be watching this thread carefully! Any questions along the way? Don't wait and hit me a DM :d5:

I think you did everything the way it should :thumbsup:the only thing I would personally do a little bit different the next time, is the watering of your pots after sowing the seed. Because it can happen that the seeds will be poured down far further than they need to be for a quick and good germination. Normally they just need to be around 5-10mm deep.

A tip is to cover the top of the pots with microwave foil, to keep the moist in. Otherwise the top layer can dry out quickly. Another tip is to lightly spray the top of the soil each day if you don't use that. You could also place half of an open 1,5L plastic bottle above the spot where you placed the seed, to create a sort of greenhouse effect (keep the lit off).

I'm myself a big advocate of germinating seeds in cotton pads and then transferring them into the pots once the root is 1-3cm long.
With this technique you decrease the risk of ever loosing a seed because of them drying out (as long as you water the soil).

Anyway, I'm sure you will get the heads sticking above the ground but it might be something worth considering next time.

I wish you all the best and let's see some beautifully grown organic buds! I'm sure you will come to love this way of growing :cheers:
I would have never thought to use cling wrap but that makes a lot of sense!

Obviously we will be watching this thread carefully! Any questions along the way? Don't wait and hit me a DM :d5:
I'll do that mate!! :d5:

the only thing I would personally do a little bit different the next time, is the watering of your pots after sowing the seed. Because it can happen that the seeds will be poured down far further than they need to be for a quick and good germination. Normally they just need to be around 5-10mm deep.
I noticed that while doing that, but then it was to late. :shrug:
I'll try to remember that next time ;)

A tip is to cover the top of the pots with microwave foil, to keep the moist in.
Well, I used smaller domes...I even went to the store to look for plastic cups :face:
20220223_152241_small.jpg

But your idea with the foil makes more sense :thumbsup:
20220223_153301_small.jpg

I wish you all the best and let's see some beautifully grown organic buds! I'm sure you will come to love this way of growing :cheers:
Thanks mate!! I'm sure gonna enjoy watching this grow, because other then having to fill the water tank all I have to do is watch and take pictures :coffee:

I'll do that mate!! :d5:

:toke:

I noticed that while doing that, but then it was to late. :shrug:
I'll try to remember that next time ;)

:thumbsup:

Well, I used smaller domes...I even went to the store to look for plastic cups :face:
View attachment 1423681

I actually ment the other part of the bottle haha, the top part, with its nack and opening pointing upwards. This way you let some humid escape too :eyebrows:

But your idea with the foil makes more sense :thumbsup:
View attachment 1423682

Thanks mate!! I'm sure gonna enjoy watching this grow, because other then having to fill the water tank all I have to do is watch and take pictures :coffee:

Yeah mate, that is the way :cheers: did you use microwave foil instead of regular kitchen foil?
The difference is a few tiny holes in it. This is quite important, otherwise it can become too damp.

Same goes for germination with the cotton pad germination technique, always better to use microwave foil with tiny holes than no holes at all.

You can use a skewer or the tip of a sharp knife to punch a few tiny holes in it if needed.

Hope to see some heads popping soon! :yay:

Yeah mate, that is the way :cheers: did you use microwave foil instead of regular kitchen foil?
The difference is a few tiny holes in it. This is quite important, otherwise it can become too damp.

Same goes for germination with the cotton pad germination technique, always better to use microwave foil with tiny holes than no holes at all.

You can use a skewer or the tip of a sharp knife to punch a few tiny holes in it if needed.

Hope to see some heads popping soon! :yay:
I'll punch some holes later on today. It was just regular plastic foil that I used...

Germination - Auto White Widow
Hey growers!! :d5:

Little miss White Widow has emerged from the soil. I made a couple more holes in the foil, but I don't want to remove it before all four have emerged. Humidity is very low momentarily because all the water is more or less contained inside the pots. I could place a tray with water in the tent and see how the humidity probe reacts. Mmmhmmmm, good idea. I'll do that :thumbsup:
20220225_185742_small.jpg

Be careful with that Night Queen, I've heard it can turn into a real monster!

I'm pretty sure that's the one @Teetee had that absolutely crazy 20oz plant!
Indeed, but those plants sit in 25L airpots. Mine are in 8.5L pots. Wait what?? That plant isn't finished yet...Mhmmm, must be another thread then...:shrug:
Found it --> LINK

Back