Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023 Bob's first go at a SOG - Sawney's SOS grown in BioTabs

Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023
Thanks brother!! I've looked my eyes out on people such as you and @St. Tom because of the constant high quality returns you guys have in your grows. Learned a lot this year about VPD and can say this is one of the important things to get right if you want to succeed.
I really hope I can repeat this way of growing for many a years, because the quality of the buds is coffeeshop worthy :thumbsup: Even the smaller buds, I'm now and then pinching are chockfull with trichomes and get me really high after only half a joint.
Of course, I must make kudos due where kudos is due and I couldn't have done this without all the hard work @Sawney_bean has put into those seeds. It's his genetics which I'm exploring for the moment. Again another learning moment for me...Finding all those different pheno/genotypes in that small pool of fifteen plants is just amazing and something I've never done before :toke:
From what I’ve seen so far you’ve got this down my man. Many grows under your belt now and they just keep getting better and better. That’s what’s great about being on this forum, so much to learn and it’s nice having the comradery of many different auto growers to correspond with. I’ve learned so much from all you peeps in the last year and really enjoy being here.
Never got into VPD as I have very minimal control over my environment. My tents are set up in my non-climate controlled garage and there’s only so much I can do with no A/C or heater. I do run a large dehumidifier 24/7 but would close to double the amount of juice I’m using if I controlled the climate properly and spending enough on electricity as it is. The hot summer months aren’t a problem even with the tents reaching close to 100F but growth definitely slows down from the cold during the winter.
Can’t say enough about our friend Mr Sawney Bean… fantastic breeder and a great person in general. This place wouldn’t be the same without him. Couldn’t even imagine how much time he puts into all that he does.

S.o.S. - Day 66 - Trichome Bonanza
Hello fellow growers, onlookers and AFN Fam :toke:

Todays post is all about the Trichomes, so put your shades on and enjoy the show :thanks:
Final Days.gif

Leaves you say... Gonna have to spend some time on the trimming stool, but look what's hidden below that!
1681548013824 _small.jpg

Thick buds await my newly bought @Marshydro's drying rack.
1681548013829 _small.jpg

Chockfull with glistening trichomes...
1681548013834 _small.jpg

1681548013845 _small.jpg

Let's zoom in a bit...Some plants definitely are showing that their window is opening very soon...
1681548014112 _small.png

These are mostly the larger pheno girls that are showing their readiness.
1681548014121 _small.png

Also the purple in the background is just plain gorgeous...
1681548014131 _small.png

1681548014140 _small.png

The smaller pheno girls are, as expected, a bit behind on their larger sisters, but not to worry...
1681548014166 _small.png

...We've got this under control :pop:
1681548014181 _small.png

Unless they decide to grow upon each other, there's not much room for anymore trichomes to grow :cooldance:
1681548014197 _small.png

Well, that all for today friends :bighug:
Hope you enjoyed today's post and we'll see you on the other side :muahaha:

S.o.S. - Day 68
All right, trichomes, trichomes, trichomes! Come on in trichomes lovers! Here at the Titty Twister we're slashing trichomes in half! Give us an offer on our vast selection of trichomes. This is a trichomes blow out!
All right, we got white trichomes, black trichomes, Spanish trichomes, yellow trichomes, we got hot trichomes, cold trichomes, we got wet trichomes, we got :gassy1: smelly trichomes, we got hairy trichomes, bloody trichomes, we got snappin' trichomes, we got silk trichomes, velvet trichomes, Naugahyde trichomes, we even got horse trichomes, dog trichomes, chicken trichomes! Come on, you want trichomes, come on in, trichomes lovers! If we don't got it, you don't want it! Come on in, trichomes lovers!...

The larger pheno girls are almost there... I'll probably harvest these this weekend.
1681754221702 _small.jpg

The other girls will need a week longer.
1681754221720 _small.jpg

1681754221728 _small.jpg

1681754221691 _small.jpg

1681754221682 _small.jpg

1681754221673 _small.jpg

1681754221665 _small.jpg

1681754221656 _small.jpg

1681754221648 _small.jpg

1681754221637 _small.jpg

To finish this post up one last time lapse. Duration = 119 hours, speed = 120fps.

Regards...

Bob
giphy.gif

looking awesome bob you need steady hands for those scope pics and that's something I haven't got

looking awesome bob you need steady hands for those scope pics and that's something I haven't got
Yup, steady hands or take an abundance of pictures. Those above aren't all the pictures that were made, I guarantee you that my friend :cheers:
Loads get trashed because they aren't sharp or blurry. 🚮

S.o.S. - Day 70 - Partial Harvest, Large Pheno Girls
Hey Friends,
Today some of the larger ladies were calling me... " Bob... ♫ I'm ready... ♫ " :dancer:
1681923532450 _small.jpg

So I removed the upper part of these ladies and leveled the entire canopy by doing so :thumbsup:
1681923532446 _small.jpg

While trimming one of the branches I found something remarkable!!
A small blob of rosin was oozing out of a flower...:yoinks: And how do I know it's rosin, just ask me. Hehehe hehehe :jointman: Yup, carefully removed that blob with the scissors and heated that with a flame and hit it ol' school, like we used to do with hash...Oh, those were the day's ♥
I do have a sharper picture, but my fingerprint is on it as well, so no thank you very much :shrug:
1681923532453 _small.jpg

The remainder of the ladies are looking scrumptious and the amount of trichomes is just ridiculous!!
1681923532474 _small.jpg

I installed a catch basin on the lowest tier in my @Marshydro 4-Layer drying rack, made out of packing paper, so I could catch all those little trichomes that come tumbling down the layers above. Looking at these buds, that's not an unnecessary luxury :shooty:
1681923532470 _small.jpg

Now that the upper parts are gone, the canopy looks brand new again. All these lowers have become the uppers and with the root system below calculated for a much larger plant, I think these will expand in the coming week (or two)?
1681923532433 _small.jpg

Just look at those trichomes!!! Both sides!!! Tasty trichomes, yum!! :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:
1681923532430 _small.jpg

These girls look leafy, but the trimming of those four or five branches took me about thirty minutes...There's so much trichomes, I'm only removing the fanleaves which stem I can reach and cut. The others I just trim the tips away. I'm not picky, but those trichomes will make me some nice medicine! :coffee:
1681923532427 _small.jpg

So many trichomes and rock hard buds, but as you can see...She's still pushing out pistils. I don't care, you go girls.
Until I receive @Antonio_DutchPassion's envelope they can remain in the tent and ripen some more. I do love me some ambers as this is great night medicine. :sleeping:
1681923532422 _small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Back