Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023 Bob's first go at a SOG - Sawney's SOS grown in BioTabs

Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023
S.o.S. - Day 73 - Continue to harvest...
Well, haven't seen that 'blob' or oozing anymore :shrug: Oh well... :cooldance:
But some of the main cola's were ready. This leaves two main cola's on the left side and one on the right side which have to ripen a bit more alongside the lowers that all of a sudden have become the uppers, lol. All the remaining energy is diverted over these buds and they can swell up some more. Is this cheating? Think not :shooty:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Yesterday evening I dunked the pots one last time in a bucket with freshly made tea. I felt that some parts of the soil could use a 'rehydration treatment'. The downside to this is, because the ladies are drinking so little in their final days I assume this will also be my last water gift. Luckily the worms inside the pots went to work almost immediately and started to burrow up to the surface. This gives me confidence that the roots will still be able to breath and receive fresh air because of them little crawlers :pop:

VPD on the is completely out of whack, which is caused by the super low humidity. The ladies are barely precipitating as all energy is diverted to the remainder of the buds. On advantage with this low humidity is that I've not found any budrot or mold on any of the buds. And I've inspected multiple as there were more then enough crispy leaves while trimming...But none of the leaves could be pulled out and had to be cut with scissors...Snip snip... ✂️
1682158352992 _small.jpg

I also took a couple of buds from within the drying rack to test out their, ahum, humidity. And I'll be jarring the first level tonight. After only been drying for three or four days these buds are perfectly dry. I cut the bud into pieces as I didn't want all those trichomes to stick to my fingers. And the amount of trichomes on these buds is just...WOW!!! @Sawney_bean, brother, mate, buddy!!! You have a winner here :thumbsup:
Feel you could enter that in a contest for autoflowers! For real! Everytime I cut into the bud, a snowfall of trichomes covered the workspace.
And I haven't talked about the taste yet. This is amazing after only three days of drying on a rack! Never done that before as I was always taught that buds needed to dry slowly, but hey...This entire grow was one I've never done before and see how it's turning out :coffee:
This is what I would call dealers weed when the dealer got lucky with his delivery. And buds I wouldn't trust if I didn't know where they came from, like I do now. I would then, dare to say these where dusted with synthetic THC. Luckily I know what I did and this is not the case! So KudoZ to my main man Sawney

:worship: All heil to Caesar, all heil :worship:

I'm forever telling folk to cut some bud "early" whatever that means. I always harvest plants on week 9 to test them . I couldn't care less on the weight as I don't sell weed so it's no incentive.
We pick other fruits and flowers at different times for there desired effect why not weed. Don't miss a treat from buds ready to go.
I don't believe in looking at resin ether :yoinks: shock horror. If it's ready at 9 weeks and sends you to the moon then 10 weeks will be less of an effect .
Depending on desired preference and the strain.

So happy you like it mate . Get it in you. :woohoo:

I just cut some jonestown.
The chlorophyll will disappear over just two days of being cut if kept in darkness and dried. In the dryer at 40 degrees it will be dry tomorrow but will still contain chlorophyll. Its the British touring cars tomorrow so it's in drying for that event.
Need be.

Attachments

• 20230422_151059.jpg
    20230422_151059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230422_151051.jpg
    20230422_151051.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230422_150647.jpg
    20230422_150647.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230422_150641.jpg
    20230422_150641.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
Just looking through you're page mate and I can't believe how much detail you input for every post. Respect to that.
I find it hard to just post as I do never mind all that detail. Hats off to ya.
I hate typing, plus I have a bonk eye that makes looking at a screen dazzling and hard work so I avoid it. I am trying though. :crying:

@NORB YIPPLS & @Sawney_bean, Thank you guys for the rep :cheers:

Everytime I cut into the bud, a snowfall of trichomes covered the workspace.
1682173377796 _small.jpg

Yup, those are trichomes!! :yoinks: I'll be using my trusty grinder from now on. :eyebrows:
1682173377788 _small.jpg

And I'll be jarring the first level tonight
I didn't want to disturb the buds inside the jar. This one was clean before I went to the lungroom to remove the buds from the drying rack.
So I weight this jar and another one empty. The difference was 63gr :cheers: And this is only one layer. I've got two more layers drying and the lot that's inside the tent... :woohoo1::eyebrows:
1682173377779 _small.jpg

Humidity at 64%...Not bad at all!! :headbang:
1682173377771 _small.jpg

I also took a couple of buds from within the drying rack to test out their, ahum, humidity.
The amount of frost on these buds is just....AAAHAHaAAAAA!!!!!:yay:
1682173377869 _small.jpg

1682173377857 _small.jpg

1682173377844 _small.jpg

1682173377830 _small.jpg

Thank you very much Bob for documentation of this grow and all the grows before.
I share my seeds and I hope everyone who grows them enjoys them just for being something new and a break from the norm. So I do appreciate you're kind compliments and it teaches me so much plus a confirmation I'm doing the right thing.
Thank you bob. Friendship for life mate . :pighug:

I just cut some jonestown.
The chlorophyll will disappear over just two days of being cut if kept in darkness and dried. In the dryer at 40 degrees it will be dry tomorrow but will still contain chlorophyll. Its the British touring cars tomorrow so it's in drying for that event.
Need be.
I have a question if you don't mind.
I have a dehydrator with nice temp control, however there's a big fan at the rear to even the heat inside.
I'm afraid that my buds would dry to fast and loose some terps and maybe thc too...
Is that a concern or do you think I can try to dry them in the dehydrator ?

I have a question if you don't mind.
I have a dehydrator with nice temp control, however there's a big fan at the rear to even the heat inside.
I'm afraid that my buds would dry to fast and loose some terps and maybe thc too...
Is that a concern or do you think I can try to dry them in the dehydrator ?
I have used a dehydrator for Over ten year's so you are asking the right guy.
I have found that if you let the buds lose the chlorophyll then dry at 30 degree they are as good as Sun dried . If you have grown with hydro you will need well flushed flowers for a similar result.
I recommend a dryer to cut out a few days .

I have used a dehydrator for Over ten year's so you are asking the right guy.
I have found that if you let the buds lose the chlorophyll then dry at 30 degree they are as good as Sun dried . If you have grown with hydro you will need well flushed flowers for a similar result.
I recommend a dryer to cut out a few days .
May I add . I don't fast dry all my plants. Only for certain reasons.

Back