Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023 Bob's first go at a SOG - Sawney's SOS grown in BioTabs

Sawney Bean Grow Shows 2023
S.o.S. - Day 73 - Continue to harvest...
  • Well, haven't seen that 'blob' or oozing anymore :shrug: Oh well... :cooldance:
    But some of the main cola's were ready. This leaves two main cola's on the left side and one on the right side which have to ripen a bit more alongside the lowers that all of a sudden have become the uppers, lol. All the remaining energy is diverted over these buds and they can swell up some more. Is this cheating? Think not :shooty:
    ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Yesterday evening I dunked the pots one last time in a bucket with freshly made tea. I felt that some parts of the soil could use a 'rehydration treatment'. The downside to this is, because the ladies are drinking so little in their final days I assume this will also be my last water gift. Luckily the worms inside the pots went to work almost immediately and started to burrow up to the surface. This gives me confidence that the roots will still be able to breath and receive fresh air because of them little crawlers :pop:

VPD on the is completely out of whack, which is caused by the super low humidity. The ladies are barely precipitating as all energy is diverted to the remainder of the buds. On advantage with this low humidity is that I've not found any budrot or mold on any of the buds. And I've inspected multiple as there were more then enough crispy leaves while trimming...But none of the leaves could be pulled out and had to be cut with scissors...Snip snip... ✂️
    1682158352992 _small.jpg

I also took a couple of buds from within the drying rack to test out their, ahum, humidity. And I'll be jarring the first level tonight. After only been drying for three or four days these buds are perfectly dry. I cut the bud into pieces as I didn't want all those trichomes to stick to my fingers. And the amount of trichomes on these buds is just...WOW!!! @Sawney_bean, brother, mate, buddy!!! You have a winner here :thumbsup:
    Feel you could enter that in a contest for autoflowers! For real! Everytime I cut into the bud, a snowfall of trichomes covered the workspace.
    And I haven't talked about the taste yet. This is amazing after only three days of drying on a rack! Never done that before as I was always taught that buds needed to dry slowly, but hey...This entire grow was one I've never done before and see how it's turning out :coffee:
    This is what I would call dealers weed when the dealer got lucky with his delivery. And buds I wouldn't trust if I didn't know where they came from, like I do now. I would then, dare to say these where dusted with synthetic THC. Luckily I know what I did and this is not the case! So KudoZ to my main man Sawney

:worship: All heil to Caesar, all heil :worship:

S.o.S. - Day 76
  • Hey Friends :cheers:

Four days on and these ladies seem to be pumping out even more trichomes then I could have imagined :yoinks:
    1682435757449 _small.jpg

@Sawney_bean, This is an amazing cultivar you've got there! All pheno's so far are amazing.
    1682435757446 _small.jpg

The Rosin was made with buds from the smaller pheno. Which was the one which oozed the rosin on the branch...
    1682435757439 _small.jpg

Yummie :pop:
    1682435757436 _small.jpg

Received my seeds from Dutch Passion yesterday. So as soon as I have a date for harvest, I can start germinating those alongside a couple of others I've set asside. These girls started to drink more, like 3L/day...it's like they caught another breath of energy. So I started another PK Booster Compost tea, according to the good-old recipe in the beginning of this thread, yeah go fish... 🎣
    1682435757443 _small.jpg

Some buds look to pretty to touch, but we all know she has to come sooner or later :pop:
    1682435757431 _small.jpg

These first three pictures are from the above bud, taken from three spots on the plant.
    1682435757428 _small.jpg

1682435757421 _small.jpg

Don't know your guys...She surely is ready, but keeps throwing out pistils....Think I might keep her and see how long she goes...:shrug:
    1682435757413 _small.jpg

1682435757406 _small.jpg

1682435757398 _small.jpg

1682435757389 _small.jpg

Damage to the trichomes from a previous encounter with the camera. Yup, I really squish that lens in there :condom:
    1682435757382 _small.jpg

1682435757374 _small.jpg

1682435757345 _small.jpg

Well...That's all folks!!

See you soon :toke:

S.o.S. - Day 79 ~ Final dayzzzz....
  • Hey Friends,

The end is near for these lovely ladies.
    1682710928749 _small.jpg

Ambers are popping out the forest of milky white...
    1682710928781 _small.jpg

All the pistils have shriveled, which is also a good sign. :thumbsup:
    1682710928789 _small.jpg

No more clear to be found. First harvest still had some clear in them, but that turned out to be a lovely smoke. This will become my nighttime jar 😴💤
    1682710928821 _small.jpg

Another great example of damage from touching the buds with the lens of the usb scope. Sticky icky, mmmmmhmmmmm...:drool:
    1682710928830 _small.jpg

Plants are at the end of the line...Leaves being dried up, pistels shriveled and darkend in color...Winter is coming my friends ⛄
    1682710928875 _small.jpg

A couple of days...and I'll turn my scissors on them ✂️✂️✂️
    1682710928896 _small.jpg

Did I tell you guys? I figured out what I'm gonna grow this season... :woohoo1:
    I'm going to germinate the following cultivars within a couple of days...
    • Auto San Fernando Valley OG from Dutch Passion
    • Auto MAC #1 from Dutch Passion
    • Auto Oh My Gusher from, you've guessed it, Dutch Passion ♥
    • Mephisto's Wedding
    • Double Grape x Toof Decay from Mephisto, Illuminauto nr#?
    • Mephisto's Wedding x Forum Stomper from Force of Nature on Strainly
    And finally a special cultivar. This one will enable me to have regular male's....:yay: Oh, so excited!!! :yay:
    Didn't discuss anything with my buddy about advertising this, so I'm going to let him choose if I should disclose his identy :toke:
    1682710928901 _small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :cheers:

S.o.S. Day 81 - Second Harvest Time
  • Hey Friends, :cheers:

't Was a busy day for me.
    It started by getting up early, but with my backpain, my missus gave me something against the pain. this was actually a mussclerelaxant, which...yup, put me back into comfy dreamland and cloud-9. A couple hours later my eldest son, got to love him for how he tackled the problem, he woke me up with a hot cup of coffee in front of my face. This was an instant ♥ :bighug:moment and woke up with a smile on my face :baked:
    Looked at the clock and saw I only had two hours left to harvest the remainder of the ladies, clean myself up, get myself and the kid ready and leave to the family happening at my mother-in-law's house. While I was stressing I got a call from my wife telling me I'd better come an hour later, which gave me some breathing room and time to roll me another joint. Btw, after trimming I was left with a nice ball of sticky icky scissor hash, which is making my life right now a living hell as typing in English isn't my motherlanguage and I have to retype some sentences multiple times...

So I harvested all the 3.5L pots. After cleaning each branch I snipped off the buds and dropped them inside my new four layer drying rack. I'm using three layers to dry all them buds and the lowest, fourth layer is used to put a catch tray to recover all them fallen angels trichomes.. :thumbsup:

As usual I don't have any harvesting pics and my action camera is out of order, because I was to lazy and clean out the SD card in time. Then I formatted the card and wiped the configfile from the usb card aswell, so now I need to go and search for that one stupid file and put it back in a special way onto the card...This isn't much work, just a drag to find that stupid file :coffee2:

I removed the stems from the pots by pushing a cuttingpliers about two centimeters / one inch beneath the stem and then cutting it from the rootbase.
    This results in the thick stem to be removed from the pot, but the network of roots and mycelial connections remain untouched. Believe it or not, but the new plant's roots will reuse those connections and bennefit from the hard work the previous plants did. :wiz:

I'll be back as soon as the cure is over, but I don't think my comment's can become even better then they are now!!!
    If you can get your hands on some genuine S.o.S. seeds, please thank the gods they shined their light on my mate Sawney and he graced you with his hard work, he is a true breeder in mind and soul, sharing his hard work with like minded people. Something I aspire to become as well :bow:

Back