Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Project Swamp Wine - Day 38
Good morning ya'll!! Hope Santa brought everything you ever hoped for 🎁🎄 Especially you my friend 🥂 Thanks again for the rep!!
As many of you, I'm mentally preparing for the second feast of the season...Christmas day. Off to the family in a couple of hours...🥳

But for now let's continue with this grow...
I removed the male yesterday after dusting the entire tent with it's pollen. A couple of hours later I checked the tent after which I sprayed the plants with Boom Boom Spray. By this morning the plants had stretched quite a bit into the lights...This couldn't be, so I supercropped the flowering tops to create some distance between the plants and the light again.👌
1703505276865 _small.jpg

Doing this will also give the side shoots some extra light to get at the same level as the main tops.
I did go a bit overboard and got cocky ending up breaking a top. 💪
1703505276847 _small.jpg

It was hanging on by a hair, but I think I was able to fix it with some tape.
We'll see if the fix will take if I don't see the top shriveling away in the coming days... :shrug:
1703505276859 _small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Project Swamp Wine - Day 41
Hey growers and wannabreeders :toke:
Hope you guys are enjoying the holidays? 🎅🎄🥂 My ladies have been non-stop partying 🎉:dancer:
1703783533818 _small.jpg

They even shaved their legs 🦵🦵
1703783533813 _small.jpg

The only thing I need to do is give 'm a cup of water every day. 🚰🥛 For a good measure I use dechlorinated water, which is tapwater left to air out for 24 hours. I've also noticed that pollination was successful on the ladies that got the motherload. These were the girls I selected for pollination. The rest will also bear seed, be sure of that. 👌
1703783533824 _small.jpg

On some of the calyx's you can see the seeds growing. 🌱
1703783533845 _small.jpg

While new pistils are forming the seedpods can ripen. Making sure the seeds are ready when the flowers are ready!
1703783533849 _small.jpg

Frosty Slaughtered Lamb...Mhmmm... ♥
1703783533854 _small.jpg

Of course there's another time lapse. As it's +four days ago since I posted, this one will be a doozy 📽️
Speed = 30fps, duration = 110 hours. Enjoy 🍿

Oh, on a sidenote, I was measuring and calculating and if I lay it on it's side, I would be able to fit a 60x60x140 MarsHydro tent next to the original MarsHydro tent, which I've been using for almost three years now! This would then be used as a clone and mother/father tent for the regular photo Widow project I'm about to embark on. Since this will take quite some time, I was thinking...and installing the cardboard box for long periods of time in a warm humid environment didn't seem like a good idea. Using it as a temporary pollination station is just a-ok, but long periods is just asking for mold... If my plan comes a foot I would be able to hook up the clone/mother/father tent's ventilation behind the original MH tent and use the same extraction fan to vent both tents. For a light inside the tent I was looking at the TSL 2000, which is the bigger and longer brother of the TS 1000 I've also been using for the same time as the original tent.

Regards,

Hey growers and wannabreeders :toke:
Hope you guys are enjoying the holidays? 🎅🎄🥂 My ladies have been non-stop partying 🎉:dancer:
View attachment 1655992

They even shaved their legs 🦵🦵
View attachment 1655993

The only thing I need to do is give 'm a cup of water every day. 🚰🥛 For a good measure I use dechlorinated water, which is tapwater left to air out for 24 hours. I've also noticed that pollination was successful on the ladies that got the motherload. These were the girls I selected for pollination. The rest will also bear seed, be sure of that. 👌
View attachment 1655994

On some of the calyx's you can see the seeds growing. 🌱
View attachment 1655996

While new pistils are forming the seedpods can ripen. Making sure the seeds are ready when the flowers are ready!
View attachment 1655997

Frosty Slaughtered Lamb...Mhmmm... ♥
View attachment 1656003

Of course there's another time lapse. As it's +four days ago since I posted, this one will be a doozy 📽️
Speed = 30fps, duration = 110 hours. Enjoy 🍿
View attachment 1656008

Oh, on a sidenote, I was measuring and calculating and if I lay it on it's side, I would be able to fit a 60x60x140 MarsHydro tent next to the original MarsHydro tent, which I've been using for almost three years now! This would then be used as a clone and mother/father tent for the regular photo Widow project I'm about to embark on. Since this will take quite some time, I was thinking...and installing the cardboard box for long periods of time in a warm humid environment didn't seem like a good idea. Using it as a temporary pollination station is just a-ok, but long periods is just asking for mold... If my plan comes a foot I would be able to hook up the clone/mother/father tent's ventilation behind the original MH tent and use the same extraction fan to vent both tents. For a light inside the tent I was looking at the TSL 2000, which is the bigger and longer brother of the TS 1000 I've also been using for the same time as the original tent.

Regards,

They're definitely enjoying the Jingle Bingle season.

Project Swamp Wine - Day 45
Happy New Year everybody!!! :cheers:

The ladies have gone through a flowering metamorphosis these last few days.
1704104518414 _small.jpg

Pistils are appearing on every node and it's looking that they aren't gonna stop anytime soon...
1704104518371 _small.jpg

After pollination I added something extra to the water which I used to spray down the plants. Just like the Boom Boom Spray the dosing is very strict, but when you get it right, some extra hormones go straight to where they are needed and results in this kind of spectacle...
If you look carefully you'll notice some seeds forming within the clusters of fresh pistils.
1704104518380 _small.jpg

The main stem from Skywalker OG x UK Cheese #4, This one is fattening up. Could this be because it stayed lower and therefor got less light? Anyway, I'm not unhappy about it as my last jar of the Junk Dealers Wedding is almost gone and I need something to take it's place.
1704104518385 _small.jpg

The two Cheese XXL's from Dinafem are truely exploding with flowers.
1704104518390 _small.jpg

As are both Double Grape x 3BOG ladies. Which are the two closest to the white pole. The one left from them and in front of the picture are the (Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride, which was a cross I made earlier this last year inside the greenhouse.
1704104518394 _small.jpg

This is only the lower part of the plant. I accedentally cropped to much. Still wanted to share it as this plant is just full with flowers. From top to bottom, which this is...The rest of the plant you can see stretching behind this piece...
1704104518404 _small.jpg

This is Skywalker OG x UK Cheese #1 again. What a magnificent plant this is!! I believe the onion smell is coming from this one...
1704104518409 _small.jpg

Oh, and the values from inside the tent...Again, the temperature is the only thing that could be better...but then again the plants are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing, so...It's all guuuuud...
1704104518420 _small.jpg

To end today's post, another timelapse. Make sure to check out the last 3-5 seconds as this is where flower production really kicks into high gear...
Speed = 30fps, duration = 96 hours. Please enjoy 🍿

Regards,

Project Swamp Wine - Day 48
Hey growers 'n blowers :baked:

Today was a "working" day. I've put myself into isolating the lungroom a bit better. For this to work I had to clear everything out of the room, then put up some plaster board and finish off with some holefiller and silicone to close some gaps. All this took me a couple of hours and that was including installing my new.... :smokeit:

Yup, a small tent laid on it's side. It fit perfectly... I just need a light to put in there. Maybe one of my friends can help me out? That would be super :cool1:
Anyway, I'm not one to halter when things get hard, so I've already ordered myself Plan B, a 3M LED Cobstrip, which I'll be sticking onto a piece of extruded aluminum for passive heatsink purposes. That light will have to do for cloning and keeping my mums and dads alive unless I find a suitor :eyebrows:

Some of you might also noticed a new light fixture inside the main tent. Yup, this is my newest asset...Another UV light, this time a UV-B light, while the one in the back is the UV-A light I have mounted since last grow.
1704392019717 _small.jpg

I'll let you guys know what my experiences with this one will be. The UV-A LED Cob, I'm already a big fan of!!
1704392019776 _small.jpg

Ok, enough showing off new toys 🎁:coffee:
Time to show some of the girls...Sawney's Skywalker OG x UK Cheese #1. Nice and lush and full with pistils!!
1704392019771 _small.jpg

Cheese XXL #1, beautiful plant I must admit :thumbsup:
1704392019758 _small.jpg

Cheese XXL #2 in the front and the two Double Grape x 3 Bears OG in the back. Full on flowering!!!
1704392019754 _small.jpg

I have absolutely no clue which plant this is, but it's one of the bigguns as I've had to supercrop her main cola. This did allow for several sidenodes to shoot up and get their time in the spotlights. 🔦
1704392019749 _small.jpg

(Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride, she's pushing for a supercroppin' moohahaha!! :fire:
1704392019744 _small.jpg

Skywalker OG x UK Cheese #2
1704392019739 _small.jpg

Skywalker OG x UK Cheese #4's supercropped main cola. This one is looking mighty frosty, must have got something to do with the amount and quality of light that is reaching her.
1704392019733 _small.jpg

I was telling about the usage of UV lights. Well ever since last grow, I've been using this and when plants have the genetics to protect themselves against sunburn (producing loads and loads of trichomes) a multitude of trichomes is produces. Nooice!!
1704392019709 _small.jpg

Some examples of fan leaves which are even producing pistils...
1704392019704 _small.jpg

Nom nom!! ♥ ♥ ♥
1704392019697 _small.jpg

1704392019688 _small.jpg

And to end today's post and keep my mate @Emerald Archer happy, another time lapse :pop:
Speed = 30fps, duration = 80 hours. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Back