Burnt tips

Dr Coughman

Dr. of feelgood
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Hell hound, Durban Poison
Hello all i have a few OG's going this one showed some burnt tips after its 3rd or 4th feeding. Ive skipped a few feedings now the whole plant looks underfed. Question is, what is standard procedure after seeing burnt tips? Should i start feeding again? Or ph'd water from here to finish? Any help would be appreciated..... many thanks JD

Last edited:
Burnt tips means too much nitrogen, Cut back on the nitrogen, and keep feeding phosphorous and potassium. How much nitrogen wee you feeding?

Burnt tips means too much nitrogen, Cut back on the nitrogen, and keep feeding phosphorous and potassium. How much nitrogen wee you feeding?
I agree. It looks like it needs magnesium and sulfur as well. I would add half a gram per gallon of epsom salt to your low N feed.

You have done a good job so far and it won't be long until you can enjoy the fruits of your labors.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the replies, ive been feeding tigerbloom fox farms at 2-8-4. two tsp's per gallon of water.

Im in FFOF mixed with happy frog, i didnt start feeding them untill they were deep into flower. Ive been happy with them so far its my first grow and i plan on switching to organics on the next one.... maybe haha

Last edited:
I agree. It looks like it needs magnesium and sulfur as well. I would add half a gram per gallon of epsom salt to your low N feed.

You have done a good job so far and it won't be long until you can enjoy the fruits of your labors.

:goodluck:
Thanks for the response sir, now when you say add half a gram of epsom to my feed will espom give the sulfur as well as mag that you suggested? .. Or should i look for a different source of sulfur? Also would i just weigh the epsom to achieve the half gram on a lil scale? That was prob a stoner question but i never claimed to be the sharpest tool.. Should i add it only at feeding or every watering. I was acctually considering putting a stop to the feeding at this point and let them do their thing, do you think thats a bad idea? Thanks again. I took down my pictures even though our state just went legal im still nervous i guess, all those dam years of Stigma had its toll.

Last edited:
PWDY

Last edited:
Thanks for the response sir, now when you say add half a gram of epsom to my feed will espom give the sulfur as well as mag that you suggested? .. Or should i look for a different source of sulfur? Also would i just weigh the epsom to achieve the half gram on a lil scale? That was prob a stoner question but i never claimed to be the sharpest tool.. Should i add it only at feeding or every watering. I was acctually considering putting a stop to the feeding at this point and let them do their thing, do you think thats a bad idea? Thanks again. I took down my pictures even though our state just went legal im still nervous i guess, all those dam years of Stigma had its toll.
They are not done growing so don't stop feeding them. You just need less N in your regular feed. Never feed individual elements - That is the definition of out of balance.

Yes epsom is magnesium and sulfur.

I do not flush. Science does not support doing it.

If we are using MC (1 part) you cant cut back on nitrogen, you would have to cut back on whole feed, yes? wouldnt that be
detrimental to the plant? how can you lower one ingredient when it all is one bag?

If we are using MC (1 part) you cant cut back on nitrogen, you would have to cut back on whole feed, yes? wouldnt that be
detrimental to the plant? how can you lower one ingredient when it all is one bag?
That's the main problem with 1-part nutes - something(s) will sooner or later not be optimal.

Keep in mind, foliar feeding could be used to supplement feeding lower-dose 1-part MegaCrop.

Back