CBD oil my way?

tag60435

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
So let me lay this out there for comment.

Strain: Dinafem Original Amnesia Auto, thc% reported as high, no CBD measurements given.

vaporized at 385 and abv retained.

ABV combined as follows, 1/2 cup ABV with 1/2 cup Dr. Bronner coconut oil.

heated to 180f and kept there for 12 hours first batch and 24 hours second batch. all oil combined in the end and resting in refrigerator.

Will this oil have a sufficient cbd content to be effective at all as a medicine? I would think so but I am new at this and have no practical experience whatsoever.

Fill me in here. The next batch will be whole plant high CBD strain which will only be decarbed and not vaped beforehand.

Hi, Tag :)
I just looked up the Orig Amnesia specs, and they have the CBD at "medium".. My guess is, that means 1-2%. That's not going to medicate like a really high CBD strain-I have a strain that is in the 10-15% CBD range, and there is NO mistaking the CBD influence with my oils and tinctures. That said, I'm betting your oil will be a good pain relief due to the THC concentration, and the CBD will certainly be a factor, but post-vape is likely a small CBD concentration.
What is the high CBD strain you're going to run? I found the CBD Crew gear was great for a medical/CBD based oil. This strain I'm working with is unreleased, and quite unstable at this stage, but strains like it are coming, and they will change the field of CBD medications, dramatically.
Test out the oil you've made, and consider writing down your impressions of it- how it seems to affect your medical needs; how much of it is needed to get the desired effect. I've made concoctions that I thought would be junk, and they work so much better than I could have hoped :)
some love,
Waxi
:pass:

Might I ask which strain is that? I'd like to try that.
I wish I could tell you, late :) But, It's a non-disclosure thing. It was provided by a large, and most reputable seed company, for test growing. During the grows, some serious issues were discovered, so they decided to pull it back from release. I've been working to stabilize the issues, and crossing it with a couple VERY stable strains. So far, the instability remains, though the medicinal value of the harvests is amazing. Its not more stable, but considerably more potent lol

Basically, it will break down into a good CBD oil. All your thc has been vaped out yes?

Higher CBD strains would be better of course, but remember it is not just CBD that helps us. The whole plant has benefits from Chlorophyl to the terpenes. That is why I think it best to make oil from fresh stash.

However, you should be commended for making medicine. Pay it forward my friend.

:meds:

Thank you all for the kind words and feedback. To answer some of the questions. Waximus, Yes I knew that my amnesia was not going to be great meds, but just felt that it would be a good low dose application for my wife to begin with. And as a first run at oil production, it gets you over some hurdles and eases future tensions. I have a Dinafem Shark Shock CBD photo fem in veg at day 40. I took 2 cuttings from her 9 days ago which are still in the process of rooting. These 3 will continue to veg while I finish out a test run of ET Dragon autos and a Dinafem OG Kush auto, so at least 60 days. Then I flip the tent to 12/12 and try to keep the 3 photos contained in the 4'x4' tent.

That will be the basis for my wife's actual CBD Oil. I will use whole plant, dried, rough ground, decarbed, ground finer then crock potted (small batch) with Dr. Bronner coconut oil.

Is 180f sufficient to infuse coconut oil? I purchased a small crockpot and closely monitored temp during the whole time period (12hrs), and 170--180f is all the hotter it got.

My next question wold be, how do I determine dosage, or can I ? So much more to learn in this life yet. I invite you all to have a peek at the CBD grow in progress at the link below, and maybe the ET grow as well. I'm learning pollen collection over there and soon it will be pollination time for a few buds. Stand by.

Back