Cooking cannabis

trmonjey55

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I am familiar with cooking mmj edibles. I know when cooking a "soup" for example the rule of thumb don't boil the water and introduce cannabis to the mix because the THC or Cbd will vaporize thus wasting the cannabis. Today I learned that THC boiling point is 312 ℉ and Cbd closer to 350 ℉. With that being said water boiling point is around 212 ℉. I'm thinking as long as the water is below 250 ℉ I should be able to cook my cannabis in boiling water or not. [emoji36] Your thoughts on this matter![

My knowledge on this is limited but your logic seems fine. I'm just not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Are you adding whole buds to your soup and then consuming them as part of the mixture?

Also, only one thread per topic please. No need for multiple threads on the same question.

No I want actually be adding whole buds. But more of a concentrated soup. My apologies for the multi threads.

THC isn't water soluble so even heating it above the boiling point but below 250 degrees won't break it down. Unless you actually consume the buds you put into the mix you won't get any effects of the THC. That's why most either make oil or butter for cooking. The THC breaks down and binds to the fat in the oil or butter.

Back