New Grower Danielsaaan’s Fourth Grow - Nightowl Blue Microverse

The PPM thing makes sense. I just filled up a gallon of water to put in my humidifier using my basement sink. The water comes out like a gray color - can’t even see the bottom of the pitcher. That can’t be good. Everywhere else in the house, the water comes out clear. Maybe I should fill my 5 gallon buckets upstairs? And avoid the basement water? Might be worth experimenting with anyways
Being down low a lot of sediment may accumulate in the pipes in the basement. Let it run for awhile and see if that flush the sediment out.

The PPM thing makes sense. I just filled up a gallon of water to put in my humidifier using my basement sink. The water comes out like a gray color - can’t even see the bottom of the pitcher. That can’t be good. Everywhere else in the house, the water comes out clear. Maybe I should fill my 5 gallon buckets upstairs? And avoid the basement water? Might be worth experimenting with anyways

yeah I would be looking into my water does similar stuff when it’s hot water…

To me it appears to be a K def or lockout
Same plus I thought his plants seemed kind of dark green… and too much N with lockout k and ca

FWIW think your the only person I’ve heard that likes that stuff… When I first came here I remember MOG talking about a lot of cases in the infirmary with people using NLS amendments and saying there was a known problem.. I’d have to really search to find maybe later I’ll see if I can find:d5:

Same plus I thought his plants seemed kind of dark green… and too much N with lockout k and ca

FWIW think your the only person I’ve heard that likes that stuff… When I first came here I remember MOG talking about a lot of cases in the infirmary with people using NLS amendments and saying there was a known problem.. I’d have to really search to find maybe later I’ll see if I can find:d5:
I had read some of the posts about NLS living soil issues, but I think a lot of those issues I resolved by use of additional P & K when stretch slows and flowering really gets going, root growth is slowed when the soil has the P and K required for flowering.

This could be it. Think I’m going to try a different PH down product this next grow too. Will talk to the guys at the hydro shop and see what they recommend as well. Might have to trash this last plant
Just as another organic pH down option I use citric acid anhydrous. It's like table salt very easy to add and adjust pH with. Plus it's organic! I've used the GH stuff without any issues as well.

This could be it. Think I’m going to try a different PH down product this next grow too. Will talk to the guys at the hydro shop and see what they recommend as well. Might have to trash this last plant
Don't trash it! Make edibles or hash if the flower isn't good to smoke. No need to waste all that effort :pighug: :pass:
To me it appears to be a K def or lockout.

One of my best decisions was to start using the NLS AF concentrate with my potting soil recipe and then either the NLS flower power topdress when around week 5-6 or bud candy and big bud every other watering starting week 6-7.
Glad it ls worked out for you!
I think a lot if people's issues with NLS stems from inconsistencies in different batches (or even different bags from the same batch). People seem to think it isn't always fully composted/cooked when you get it.
Personally, my best decision was to switch to Build a Soil products. Their stuff is much higher quality and theyre dedicated to free education about how/why to use them. They also give recipes for a lot of stuff so you can make it at home. Highly recommend their Light Recipe and 3.0 living soils + Craft Blend + Build a Flower and Build a Bloom if you want to go the organic living soil route.

Don't trash it! Make edibles or hash if the flower isn't good to smoke. No need to waste all that effort :pighug: :pass:

Glad it ls worked out for you!
I think a lot if people's issues with NLS stems from inconsistencies in different batches (or even different bags from the same batch). People seem to think it isn't always fully composted/cooked when you get it.
Personally, my best decision was to switch to Build a Soil products. Their stuff is much higher quality and theyre dedicated to free education about how/why to use them. They also give recipes for a lot of stuff so you can make it at home. Highly recommend their Light Recipe and 3.0 living soils + Craft Blend + Build a Flower and Build a Bloom if you want to go the organic living soil route.
I’d like to get there one day! Would like to get a few successful grows under my belt first. That’s proving to be more difficult than I originally thought it would lol

69: She’s dead. Buds aren’t even really sticky anymore, and smells off. Just going to toss it out. Not even going to bother with edibles. Hopefully I have at least a couple of ounces from the other plants to hold me over a while. I’ll try to do better next grow! RIP.
00A2D521-5275-45D0-A945-EF734B575576.jpeg

Atlas Fog Dog came down 8 days ago. Trimmed some of the lowers, but it still needs to dry out some more. Back into the dry tent. Which is a happy 62F and 59% RH. At least I’m not messing that part up! Smells amazing by the way. Like lemon cleaning product.

Will try to get a new grow going this weekend!

Shout out to everyone who has offered advice and kind words! I’ll get em next time…

69: She’s dead. Buds aren’t even really sticky anymore, and smells off. Just going to toss it out. Not even going to bother with edibles. Hopefully I have at least a couple of ounces from the other plants to hold me over a while. I’ll try to do better next grow! RIP.
View attachment 1563936
When you chop her, take a look at the roots. Make sure they a white, beautiful and odorless. Your 50 days and healthy plant went downhill swiftly. Root rot is just on the list of suspects, especially when you say she smells off? Beauty of plants, grow another. Enjoy the keepers!

Back