day 33 leaves look bad and drinking less

:rofl:- pardon Smorf, didn't mean it in a bad way,.. about 1/3 of the peep's I deal with in here don't really understand what exactly Mammoth P is-- they see the name, and just assume it's literally P! :doh:

... just being safe with the lights mate, if you've had no probs, then that's fine,.. I've not seen the intensity of that unit,.. it's an older gen model, right? Another thing, with the mixed spec' diodes, distance is important for proper even spread of the various wavelengths,.. get too close, and you potentially can get rather uneven coverage, even if no stress is caused,.. this is sub-optimal regardless,...
... So, how did you measure in-pot pH? Organics usually don't need adjustment, but it's wise to check, and know your water pH/ppm's too as cumulative inputs of hard water can elevate pH,... it's definitely possible to have too low pH in-pot with organics too, there's nothing automatic about it's adjustments, and there are many things that affect pH once in there!... this is what makes organic more tricky on some levels,.. parts of the nutrients need to be broken down by the soil herd to be made available,... delayed reactions are common! This is why a strong herd and enzymes (Hygrozyme, Cannazyme, etc.) use can be of great benefit :thumbsup:.... no need to spend the $$ on pH down, citric acid is the same stuff in EJ pH down,...canning supply citric acid is just fine,... don't adjust your feeds until i know how you got that 6.8pH,...

:bow:
:rofl:- pardon Smorf, didn't mean it in a bad way,.. about 1/3 of the peep's I deal with in here don't really understand what exactly Mammoth P is-- they see the name, and just assume it's literally P! :doh:

... just being safe with the lights mate, if you've had no probs, then that's fine,.. I've not seen the intensity of that unit,.. it's an older gen model, right? Another thing, with the mixed spec' diodes, distance is important for proper even spread of the various wavelengths,.. get too close, and you potentially can get rather uneven coverage, even if no stress is caused,.. this is sub-optimal regardless,...
... So, how did you measure in-pot pH? Organics usually don't need adjustment, but it's wise to check, and know your water pH/ppm's too as cumulative inputs of hard water can elevate pH,... it's definitely possible to have too low pH in-pot with organics too, there's nothing automatic about it's adjustments, and there are many things that affect pH once in there!... this is what makes organic more tricky on some levels,.. parts of the nutrients need to be broken down by the soil herd to be made available,... delayed reactions are common! This is why a strong herd and enzymes (Hygrozyme, Cannazyme, etc.) use can be of great benefit :thumbsup:.... no need to spend the $$ on pH down, citric acid is the same stuff in EJ pH down,...canning supply citric acid is just fine,... don't adjust your feeds until i know how you got that 6.8pH,...
All good man about the mammoth p i know you are just trying to cover everything, i appreciate your help.
I use the acurate 8 probe.
I already ordered ph down crystals:pass:
Heres my post from my thread today:
Day 36
Gave 20oz water with recharge, 0.2ml mammoth p, 2ml GO camg+ and 0.5ml biothrive bloom. Will start adding more biothrive soon.
This was watered in at 7ph so i guess i need to ph feeds at 6.5ph.
Hopefully that wasnt too much camag..
Lights on in 30mins. Running 18/6 because it allows for lights off and lower heat during peak daytime temps(lights off from 1230-1830)

just ordered some earth juice ph down crystals, should be here in time for next feed
IMG_3104.JPG

Last edited:
...sounds good mate! ... :thumbsup:- on the A8 unit,.... Oh-:doh: you can do a foliar spray of epsoms for faster results, 1tsp/L + wetting agent, unless you have Optic Foliar Transport,.. just focus on the leaves, get tops and bottoms, and try not to get much on the buds, to reduce mold potential,.. do this out of direct light, early on to give time to fully dry,... this will bypass the root zone while you tinker with that,...just some gentle pH lowering of inputs should do the trick, not like it's way off or anything,..just don't want it to go higher and lock out Micronutes,....

Great genetics pulling on through these issues im having it seems:smoking:
(I fed day 38 but only posted it in my thread)
Day 40
Gave 20oz water with 0.2ml mp, 1ml GO biothrive bloom and 1ml GO camg+ at roughly 6.7ph 1 hr before lights on
Soil ph was 7 after i watered this in
So i think i need to feed 6.5ph next time?

Earth crystals were giving me a hard time at first but i got around 4 gallons of water now bubbling that started at 7.0 down to 6.6 ph.
Im using my accurate 8 soil probe to check the ph of the water which is probably a bad idea?
seems like im having a hard time getting the ph of the water adjusted with the crystals or im getting inconsistent readings from the probe when i put it in water?:pass:
What are good feed ph ranges for soil and what should the soil ph range be?
temporary.jpg
temporary.jpg

:nono: Smorf, you might have messed up the A8, it's not meant for liquids, at all! Strictly soil/soilless,... pH meters are for liquids,... it still might be OK, but wipe down well with pure water, and cross your fingers,... if liquids got inside the metal tip, it'll corrode, causing weird electrical interference... these units measure the different conductivity between the two different metals at the tip,...

:nono: Smorf, you might have messed up the A8, it's not meant for liquids, at all! Strictly soil/soilless,... pH meters are for liquids,... it still might be OK, but wipe down well with pure water, and cross your fingers,... if liquids got inside the metal tip, it'll corrode, causing weird electrical interference... these units measure the different conductivity between the two different metals at the tip,...
Im storing the probe in a bag of dessicant packets so hopefully that will take care of any moisture.
I will be using a api test kit for liquids now.
I just checked soil ph with the probe and its reading 6.5ph so i will continue feeding 6.4-6.6ph.(6.5 if i can get it exact)
Maybe 2tbs/gallon was too much dolomite lime so for my next grow it will be 1tbs/gallon of dolomite lime

Heres the mix i will be using to fill my half gallon pot:
2gal gbd/roots supersoil for bottom of the pot
5cups ewc
32cups roots organic
4tbs gbd mix
1tbs dolomite lime

2gal roots organic soil for top of the pot-
5cups ewc
32cups roots organic
1tbs dolomite lime
Thanks again @Waira for taking the time to help, i hope im not making you pull your hair out:pighug:
as always correct me if im wrong about anything and im open to any suggestions.

:thumbsup: good on the desiccants Smorf!
..... well, the GBD amendment has lime in it too, though I will say Roots users often add more lime source on the soil alone,.. seems some have pH issues later, as it gets depleted... I'd reduce it as you mentioned, skip it in the GBD layer,... Mg is so easy and fast to fix; Ca can be more tricky, as it's poorly/immobile, and cumulative inputs can have impacts on pH and nute uptake (harder water, Ca-Mg supp's)... otherwise it looks OK to me! :headbang: Cheers Smorf, you're quit welcome....:pass:

Im storing the probe in a bag of dessicant packets so hopefully that will take care of any moisture.
I will be using a api test kit for liquids now.
I just checked soil ph with the probe and its reading 6.5ph so i will continue feeding 6.4-6.6ph.(6.5 if i can get it exact)
Maybe 2tbs/gallon was too much dolomite lime so for my next grow it will be 1tbs/gallon of dolomite lime

Heres the mix i will be using to fill my half gallon pot:
2gal gbd/roots supersoil for bottom of the pot
5cups ewc
32cups roots organic
4tbs gbd mix
1tbs dolomite lime

2gal roots organic soil for top of the pot-
5cups ewc
32cups roots organic
1tbs dolomite lime
Thanks again @Waira for taking the time to help, i hope im not making you pull your hair out:pighug:
as always correct me if im wrong about anything and im open to any suggestions.
I would put it in a big bag of rice it will suck the moisture out... I see ph is seaming to be the issue as I stated in the beginning.........:shrug:

I too am having the same problem, with the same super soil and strain. Adding my lime to the plants tonight. They has been to hell and back twice. My hopes are that WE will be rewarded with either buds or experience. I hope all turns out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would put it in a big bag of rice it will suck the moisture out... I see ph is seaming to be the issue as I stated in the beginning.........:shrug:
I first thought rice but didnt have any, i had a bag of dessicant packets though which seems odd and not having rice:pass:
You called it, ph is very important im learning even more now.

Back